2019 4* RB DJ Williams Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I expect him to UGA at the moment.

As I told Kal the other day, why do you think that? He's not a take for them right now & they have other RBs higher on their board should they decide to take a 2nd RB.

• Like 1

For those who have studied his game film, how is DJ’s top end speed, and what recent AU/SEC back would you compare him to?

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Haha is that Arthur the aardvark??

It gets better with age. 

I really like DJ's initial burst.  Corch can elaborate on what kind of back he looks like better than I can but I think he could be a solid contributor.

Edited by NorthGATiger

So DJ just got his 1st 4* rating, from ESPN, & is now a relatively high 3* on the composite. AU still projected as the favorite to land him FWIW.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

So DJ just got his 1st 4* rating, from ESPN, & is now a relatively high 3* on the composite. AU still projected as the favorite to land him FWIW.

That’s good . He has really picked up steam in this recruiting cycle. I’m sure it is almost impossible to evaluate every football player in America in time to meet their true raiting 

• Like 2

It's funny how copycat sports can be. I see he was committed to App state but it looks like Auburn was the first big name school to offer. After that mostly all the big time names offered him like Miami, Michigan etc. :laugh:

but I like what I see from him. Good shiftiness and strength. Gets north/south and makes the most if it. Almost like a less-hyped Noah Cain

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Almost like a less-hyped Noah Cain

With better film.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

It's funny how copycat sports can be. I see he was committed to App state but it looks like Auburn was the first big name school to offer. After that mostly all the big time names offered him like Miami, Michigan etc.

Most of his offers came within a week after his mid season SR highlights hit the interwebs. AU was the 1st to offer because we are desperate: looking under every nook, cranny, & rock for a quality RB.

Also welcome to the board @Sizzle! Cool name!

• Like 1

Signing early or late?   I imagine late so he can take visits to those schools now interested in him.

early enrollee?   I doubt it, but wanted to ask.  

Kinda sucks to be App State, huh?  

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Signing early or late?   I imagine late so he can take visits to those schools now interested in him.

Early

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

early enrollee?   I doubt it, but wanted to ask.

EE. Has a high 3.something GPA.

RB recruiting note. Miami just offered NC State RB commit Jamious Griffin. Could mean they don't feel good about either RB we are battling them with, DJ & MAR. On DJ, AU is the fovorite now but still leary of UGA & Bama if they decide to take a 4rd RB & offer. On MAR it's shaping up to being an AU Penn St battle. He has already OVed PSU. Will OV AU this weekend. Waiting til February to sign.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

EE. Has a high 3.something GPA.

Good to know. Can't take it for granted. Our last 2 seasons might've been much different if Alaric Williams would've qualified. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good to know. Can't take it for granted. Our last 2 seasons might've been much different if Alaric Williams would've qualified. 

IDK about that. He's done next to nothing in juco.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

IDK about that. He's done next to nothing in juco.

You never know how a young person's environment affects their decisions and success. 

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You never know how a young person's environment affects their decisions and success. 

To some extent but it's highly illogical to think someone who hasn't done much in juco would excel in the SEC.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To some extent but it's highly illogical to think someone who hasn't done much in juco would excel in the SEC.

You're going overboard with your "corrections" today, my friend. Normally they're tolerable because you're presenting facts, but you're presenting your opinions as facts in multiple conversations today. Said with respect.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're going overboard with your "corrections" today, my friend. Normally they're tolerable because you're presenting facts, but you're presenting your opinions as facts in multiple conversations today. Said with respect.

Image result for spock gif

Image result for captain kirk gif

:campfire::poke: E does have opinions
Edited by ausburn
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You're going overboard with your "corrections" today, my friend.

Has nothing to do with corrections. My opinion on this is your opinion on this is illogical. It's a free country. We each are allowed to have our own opinions.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

you're presenting your opinions as facts in multiple conversations today.

Nope & never do. On the Sean White stuff, I like you but you nor anyone is worth the multiple hours it would take me to look up stats you may find agreeable. Nobody is worth that waste of time & energy just for a simple agreement. You can accept it or not. Regardless we gotta move on because this is a thread about a very RB target, not a past QB.

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Has nothing to do with corrections. My opinion on this is your opinion on this is illogical. It's a free country. We each are allowed to have our own opinions.

Nope & never do. On the Sean White stuff, I like you but you nor anyone is worth the multiple hours it would take me to look up stats you may find agreeable. Nobody is worth that waste of time & energy just for a simple agreement. You can accept it or not. Regardless we gotta move on because this is a thread about a very important WR commit who is not solid, not a past QB.

You might want to check your wording, then. Especially on the Sean White stuff. 

Hope we get Williams. 

Clemson offered tonight. Per a free article by Anna Hickey D.J. is now contemplating taking his last OV to Clemson instead of Georgia this weekend. I will add the article link later.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:49 PM, ellitor said:

Nobody is worth that waste of time & energy just for a simple agreement. You can accept it or not.

If there is a Mrs. E, you'd better hope she NEVER reads this.

... just sayin'

Edited by AUsince72
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

If there is a Mrs. E, you'd better hope she NEVER reads this.

... just sayin'

Oh I know better. She would get "Yes Dear." whether I agree or disagree & just don't want to continue the discussion.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Clemson offered tonight. Per a free article by Anna Hickey D.J. is now contemplating taking his last OV to Clemson instead of Georgia this weekend. I will add the article link later.

bcga.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1