2019 4* RB DJ Williams Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

For you negative Nancys out there will it help to know that Tennessee just offered and our friend Del over at Georgia is on the verge of offering?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

For you negative Nancys out there will it help to know that Tennessee just offered and our friend Del over at Georgia is on the verge of offering?

So we are out of it already?  Kidding. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. But we will have to beat those teams for him now as well. We havn't beat UGA for a RB in........when?

Edited by CR

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

but 5’11” looks very generous.

FWIW I ain't worried if he's an inch or 2 shorter as long as that size & build is close to right.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CR said:

Yes. But we will have to beat those teams for him now as well.

Not neccesarily we have to beat UGA for him. They like McIntosh a lot too remember. Haven't seen anything where they are taking 2 RBs in the class.

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Just curious, when is the last time offered a 2 star RB? Not being sarcastic, truly curious.

No clue. It's rare besides K & P that a P5 recruit ends up a 2* now-a-days. This kid will end up a high 3* at minimum.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, ellitor said:
11 hours ago, fredst said:

His film looks pretty good but just....damn. How is our RB recruiting such that we’re scrambling for kids like this (coming off of an injury, largely unknown) late in the cycle? He may be great, might be the next Walter Payton but.....Horton has got to go.

As I told you before running back recruiting is more on Gus than Horton. If it weren’t for Horton we wouldn’t have had these quality feelers out for other running back’s as Gus has been waiting on Noah Cain.

Ok, cool. Gus has got to go then.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Ok, cool. Gus has got to go then.

Don't get me wrong. Horton has gotten his tail whooped many times on RBs Gus did want. His time left should be short too.

• Like 3

From Titan Tiger elsewhere on where DJ plays...

FWIW, Sebring HS where DJ Willams plays, is in the 6A classification in Florida (8A is the highest). It's the same classification as Dillard, Escambia, and Pine Forest, all places that produce a decent amount of P5 players

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I ain't worried if he's an inch or 2 shorter as long as that size & build is close to right.

Gimme that Mike Dyer, Ray Rice build all day. 

• Like 3

Miami just offered. The team that were once thought to be the leaders for McIntosh.

As of now depending on assistant coaches changes that happen at AU, Seems like a high chance AU gets either DJ or McIntosh & a real shot at Cain. Regardless of the journey it took to get there I'll take 2 of those all day long.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Miami just offered. The team that were once thought to be the leaders for McIntosh.

As of now depending on assistant coaches changes that happen at AU, Seems like a high chance AU gets either DJ or McIntosh & a real shot at Cain. Regardless of the journey it took to get there I'll take 2 of those all day long.

So would Auburn also take Mark-Antony Richards? Or would he be odd man out?

11 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

So would Auburn also take Mark-Antony Richards? Or would he be odd man out?

Scenario assumes MAR picks Miami who is trending. My personal order though would be 1. MAR 2. DJ 3. Cain 4. Kenny Mc.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Scenario assumes MAR picks Miami who is trending. My personal order though would be 1. MAR 2. DJ 3. Cain 4. Kenny Mc.

Thanks. I was not aware Miami was trending. Recruiting news is so fluid, difficult to keep up with. Appreciate the info.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

As I told you before running back recruiting is more on Gus than Horton. If it weren’t for Horton (and Porter) we wouldn’t have had these quality feelers out for other running back’s as Gus has been waiting on Noah Cain.

Let’s be honest here Porter is doing the work. Horton hasn’t done much of anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Let’s be honest here Porter is doing the work. Horton hasn’t done much of anything. 

Well someone has checked in on other RBs while Gus has been stuck on Cain. Wasn't sure if it was Horton or Porter exclusively. B-Wolk says Horton has been good with checking in on other backs. I personally don't know. Just passing on the info.

19 hours ago, corchjay said:

I will say this at this time this kid is more system ready for our offense then say Derrian Brown was and we were his leader for a long time.  Stars matter overall for the team but sometimes there are exceptions.  

I'd say though we love "stars", I've seen plenty gripes that Gus chooses stars over "needs".  Seems this kid might fill a need?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'd say though we love "stars", I've seen plenty gripes that Gus chooses stars over "needs".  Seems this kid might fill a need?

I personally disagree with those who say that. Unless they're talking about WRs. 

And this staff has always been good at getting on under recruited guys early. See the Johnson kid at WR. Some people were upset that we took a no-name 3*'s commitment and now we're having to fight off bama for him. Plenty of other guys have gained stars after committing to us. 

Sorry. Not speaking *at* you at all. Just jumping off your post to think out loud. I agree with you.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I personally disagree with those who say that. Unless they're talking about WRs. 

And this staff has always been good at getting on under recruited guys early. See the Johnson kid at WR. Some people were upset that we took a no-name 3*'s commitment and now we're having to fight off bama for him. Plenty of other guys have gained stars after committing to us. 

Sorry. Not speaking *at* you at all. Just jumping off your post to think out loud. I agree with you.

I follow you.

Mainly I'm referring to the gripes about lack of OLine & "larger" RB's yet AU has a plethora of top WR's and.....TE's(?)....

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I follow you.

Mainly I'm referring to the gripes about lack of OLine & "larger" RB's yet AU has a plethora of top WR's and.....TE's(?)....

Gotcha. We've definitely under-recruited OL, but I don't feel like it's been because we were getting other positions instead. Same for the Master Teague, Cam Akers type RBs. We've tried to get those guys. We've just failed. 

Looks like there's a better than good chance that we'll be attempting to fix these issues in the offseason. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't get me wrong. Horton has gotten his tail whooped many times on RBs Gus did want. His time left should be short too.

You convinced me. They both have to go....

On 11/9/2018 at 10:49 AM, ellitor said:

Well someone has checked in on other RBs while Gus has been stuck on Cain. Wasn't sure if it was Horton or Porter exclusively. B-Wolk says Horton has been good with checking in on other backs. I personally don't know. Just passing on the info.

Trust me on this. Horton should have been run two years ago. 

• Like 3