2019 4* RB DJ Williams Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This staff has consistently found under-evaluated 3*s. Gus continues to deserve a ton of credit for that. 

Yes you are correct...Look at Kam Pettway and Daniel Thomas. 

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Except on the OL.

This times 1000. E do you know of any other players that may be getting ratings bumps....I really wish BO would be bumped up to a five star along with GP. 

18 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes you are correct...Look at Kam Pettway and Daniel Thomas. 

This times 1000. E do you know of any other players that may be getting ratings bumps....I really wish BO would be bumped up to a five star along with GP. 

I think bo plays at a five star level, but he doesn’t have five star measurables( not a word?) that will translate to what the NFL looks for. Like @ellitor has explained the ratings are based on NFL potential.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, toddc said:

I think bo plays at a five star level, but he doesn’t have five star measurables( not a word?) that will translate to what the NFL looks for. Like @ellitor has explained the ratings are based on NFL potential.

I understand that. Tua doesnt have the measurables either but was rated a 5 star. I know it doesnt matter but thats just another example of a bama bump in my mind, I guess all the Jon Gruden / Trent Dilfer Hype on Tua definitely helped him out,

Prior to early signing day while we had a very good class there were three areas of concern RB which this young man has helped with, LB, and O-Line. After Signing period same areas of concern as Williams helped at RB but with Asa leaving we need at least 1 more RB.  It now looks like we will get 1-2 more RB's,  1-2 more LB's.  We look to be in a good position for Octavious Brothers and are looking like we have a shot at Dylan Jordan. We get 1 of them we have a very good LB Class we get both we a great LB class. We look good for Bell on O-Line but will need at least 1 more on O-Line and that should be an OT with at least 2 years of eligibility.  We don't get another OT we have an adequate O-Line class. That is not a knock on the O-Line we have signed but we did not get as many as we needed. Assuming we get Griffin or MAR or both RB will have gone from a concern to a great class.   

Assuming we get the LB's, RB's and Bell on O-Line we will have addressed all the weaknesses in the initial signing period except O-Line. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

E do you know of any other players that may be getting ratings bumps

I have ideas but the ESPN300 just came out so I'm going to the rankings. Lol.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I understand that. Tua doesnt have the measurables either but was rated a 5 star. I know it doesnt matter but thats just another example of a bama bump in my mind, I guess all the Jon Gruden / Trent Dilfer Hype on Tua definitely helped him out,

Some guys have to perform exceptional to make up for measurables sometimes.

Plus, it's hard to say Tua's size really limits him in the NFL right now. Brees, Wilson, Mayfield, and possibly Murray (depending on who takes him) are all his size or smaller. It's something to overcome for sure, but a guy with Tua's ability seems like a good bet to continue the small QB revolution.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Does ESPN announce new rankings today? I saw DJ might get a huge boost in espn rankings.

It's like people purposefully troll me sometimes. LOL

Pinned at the top of the forum...

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sorry. Thanks

Nothing to be sorry about. I found it funny. You're welcome!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nothing to be sorry about. I found it funny. You're welcome!

I just know it gets annoying when you put something right in front of someone's face and they still ask where it is. I'm not great about looking back through things on the forum but I'll attempt to do so more!

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I just know it gets annoying when you put something right in front of someone's face and they still ask where it is. I'm not great about looking back through things on the forum but I'll attempt to do so more!

Don't ever let it happen again

• Haha 1