Tell me how we can beat Uga

gr82b4au

O: They have the better QB, OL, and RBs. I think the WRs are a wash since our freshmen are fantastic.

D: Our DL is probably a little better, LBs are about the same, their DB/Safeties are better (ours are good but they are freshmen). 

They have a better turnover margin. They have less penalties per game. They have a better defense (statistically) by quite a bit. Better Offense?  hahaha I am not going to go there. They are at home at night for the first time in a month. 

I can see that they are not as good as last year. That is obvious. They are beatable...but not by us. They are still much better than we are on the field without question. They look competent. We look incompetent. 

I need some hope. Tell me how we can win. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Execution, top notch play calling, Gus’ mic turned off ala Barney and the “hot” mike in TAGS, and a big ol’ streak of nasty-not-nice meanness the size of Texas

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

O: They have the better QB, OL, and RBs. I think the WRs are a wash since our freshmen are fantastic.

😧 Our DL is probably a little better, LBs are about the same, their DB/Safeties are better (ours are good but they are freshmen). 

They have a better turnover margin. They have less penalties per game. They have a better defense (statistically) by quite a bit. Better Offense?  hahaha I am not going to go there. They are at home at night for the first time in a month. 

I can see that they are not as good as last year. That is obvious. They are beatable...but not by us. They are still much better than we are on the field without question. They look competent. We look incompetent. 

QB is a wash.  WRs go to them.  OL RB go to them.

DL isn't close ours is much better, LBs they may have more talent overall but our guys are better as a group because of experience.  DBs are about equal.  

Seriously though the game will probably come down to if Stidham can carry this team to a win.  Something he has yet to do.  In big games and this will be a big game QB is multiplied x10.    So we will see.  Protecting the football is of the highest priority.  Staying close in the first half as well.  

Their Worst nightmare and who they are still bitching about to this day.......... 

n.jpg

nf.gif

Hurry to the line and run it up the gut IF we get a first down. That is the key. Dont forget the deep pass down the sideline on 2nd down if we get a short gain on 1st down.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

😧 Our DL is probably a little better, LBs are about the same, their DB/Safeties are better (ours are good but they are freshmen). 

OK, I'll play.

1. We score a special teams touchdown.

2. Our D-line forces a fumble deep in their territory, giving our offense a very short field, and we score a TD.

3. Our secondary gets a pic-6 (or a great return giving our offense a very short field).  Another TD.

4. Our offense produces one long drive for a TD, and one long drive for a field goal.

We win 31-30.

That's how it could happen.

Seriously,  we need to pass, pass and pass and the guy with the visor needs to try his hardest to not get too out coached and I honestly belive we have a chance.  

Our defense always gives us a chance.  So play solid defense and win the turnover battle. Give Stidham time to throw and throw it 50 times.  We can’t  run over them and I don’t see wasting a bunch of plays to prove that.  The only running plays we need to try are draw plays.  They are a good team but they can be beat.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Their Worst nightmare and who they are still bitching about to this day.......... 

n.jpg

nf.gif

My God. I'm just glad he was on our team. He definitely played a bit dirty at times.  I recall NF hitting Murray low late in the game and also taking out the Arky QB earlier in the season.  He was literally unblockable in the NCG.  

I really dont think they do have a better qb. I think they're very comparable. what does Auburn have to do to win? execute. and no I'm not kidding

8 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

My God. I'm just glad he was on our team. He definitely played a bit dirty at times.  I recall NF hitting Murray low late in the game and also taking out the Arky QB earlier in the season.  He was literally unblockable in the NCG.  

We had the 2 most dominant college football players that season!!! Fairley was a wrecking crew on that defense!

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

z0J-1z.gif

If by posting this gif you mean that Bane is going to be our coach.....I’m putting money on AU😀!

F5185A1D-FCA5-47E5-B17E-7270566B6700.jpeg

“Now is not the time for fear. That comes later”

One play run successfully at a time. I have always thought that each play done correctly over the course of the game usually results in a win.

Hold their running game below the Mendoza line, and throw the football all over the place is the only chance we have. If Gus goes in determined "we have to run the football better," we'll get curb stomped.

Archived