Is it time for a BB Rivals sub-forum?

AURex

Now that Auburn is competitive in BB (and likely will remain so, as long as CBP is running the show) --

We've already had a thread on Duke. We will surely watch the season of our major opponents - UK, Tennessee, MSU, etc. And we will likely have thoughts about tems we might meet in the tourney, or scandals that might afflict our opponents. haha

Is it time to create a space to discuss teams we will (or might) meet as the season progresses?

That's a call for @RunInRed, @TitanTiger, @WarTiger, @bigbird, & @augolf1716 and the other mods to make. I think it may be telling though in that was a sub-section needed last year when we owned the SEC in the regular season & had such a great year last season. As I recall there were not many threads that weren't centered on AU. When we were following others it still was as it pertained to AU. The only threads I can recall seeing that would have fit into a Rivals section the past year was any threads pertaining to the FBI probe where AU was not mentioned in the articles as well as the yearly SEC & NCAA Tourney threads. Even the Duke thread mentioned is more about AU potentially playing them than being about Duke itself. A Rivals section is typically for discussing Rivals in and of themselves, not as they pertain to AU. Not sure there's enough demand for that type of thing. It will be interesting to see what the mods decide.

Until the main basketball forum is overrun with posts about other schools, I say know. Post away about other teams and let the chips fall where they may.

I think it is a good idea.  The forum is Auburn Basketball. Many won't post about other basketball games or teams in that forum.  Having a Rivals forum may prompt more discussions about other games.  

want.gif

Uh, well, just like in the Football Rivals sub-forum, yes we discuss teams we do play (UGA, Bama, etc) and teams we might play in the future (UCLA, South Carolina, etc). And some teams and topics that do not involve AU, like Petrino getting axed.

In the same way, we might want to have some conversations about teams we will play, like UK, teams we are unlikely to play like the stink at Kansas, topics of broader interest like the potential impact of the FBI prosecutions on NCAA investigations and future recruiting rules.

I'm an older guy. I was attending Auburn games when John Mengelt was on the floor. I was living in Houston when Okeem and Clyde "The Glide" Drexler et al were Phi Slamma Jamma. I was at Illinois when Lou "The Do" Henson was fighting it out with Bobby Knight for top of the Big 10. I was at Kentucky when Rick Pitino first came in to save the program and put "The Unforgettables" on the floor.

Now I'm back in the fold with Auburn. I claim no credit for Auburn's resurrection, but it sure is a coincidence that I celebrate. But I'd also like to be able to discuss BB topics that are not exactly pertaining directly to Auburn.

That's me.

IMO, it wouldn't hurt to try a Rivals sub-forum. If nobody posts to it, it can be nuked.

17 hours ago, AURex said:

Uh, well, just like in the Football Rivals sub-forum, yes we discuss teams we do play (UGA, Bama, etc) and teams we might play in the future (UCLA, South Carolina, etc). And some teams and topics that do not involve AU, like Petrino getting axed.

In the same way, we might want to have some conversations about teams we will play, like UK, teams we are unlikely to play like the stink at Kansas, topics of broader interest like the potential impact of the FBI prosecutions on NCAA investigations and future recruiting rules.

I'm an older guy. I was attending Auburn games when John Mengelt was on the floor. I was living in Houston when Okeem and Clyde "The Glide" Drexler et al were Phi Slamma Jamma. I was at Illinois when Lou "The Do" Henson was fighting it out with Bobby Knight for top of the Big 10. I was at Kentucky when Rick Pitino first came in to save the program and put "The Unforgettables" on the floor.

Now I'm back in the fold with Auburn. I claim no credit for Auburn's resurrection, but it sure is a coincidence that I celebrate. But I'd also like to be able to discuss BB topics that are not exactly pertaining directly to Auburn.

That's me.

IMO, it wouldn't hurt to try a Rivals sub-forum. If nobody posts to it, it can be nuked.

:bow:  :hail:

So I've come around on this. I think we have enough people on this forum who will talk about college basketball topics whether it be teams or players not affecting AU to warrant a Rivals forum.

Do we need a whole other forum? Any team that you want to discuss, you can just create a "Season Long Bama Basketball Thread" or something like that. We already have threads on opposing players on the first page

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

just rename the football forum and use it....in a couple of weeks, nobody will be using it much since we are now a basketball school

You forget recruiting melt downs.

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

We already have threads on opposing players on the first page

Only because we don't have a Rivals forum to put them in. A number of AU fans don't like coming to an AU section & seeing thread on teams & players not relating to AU.

13 hours ago, jared52 said:

Ok, I’m on board, but only if the “rivals” being referred to are @cole256 and @Gene Loblaw so they have a place to duke it out (pun intended?). 

Please don't insult me. If I do get a rival one day, they will have to be of quality

On 11/10/2018 at 11:05 AM, jared52 said:

Until the main basketball forum is overrun with posts about other schools, I say know. Post away about other teams and let the chips fall where they may.

Jared says know.

:lol:

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's coming folks. Just be patient please.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mb.gif

Archived