Null



AURex

Is it time for a BB Rivals sub-forum?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

E13AE035-24FB-41FB-A3E4-6EA86D91021E.gif

RIR says be patient...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




12 hours ago, Tiger said:

Sooo Tennessee seems kinda legit 

I honestly am suprised. I never took Rick Barnes as a upper tier coach. He has done worse with more talent at Texas than this rocky top team has. I still just do not see a team more talented than us. But hey I am stubborn in my initial beliefs and convictions about a team!!!! lol

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I honestly am suprised. I never took Rick Barnes as a upper tier coach. He has done worse with less talent at Texas than this rocky top team has. I still just do not see a team more talented than us. But hey I am stubborn in my initial beliefs and convictions about a team!!!! lol

Yeah it seems like a change of scenery rejuvenated him. He's building something nice there. He's also lucky he didn't have to pull the turnaround job Bruce was tasked with

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Yeah it seems like a change of scenery rejuvenated him. He's building something nice there. He's also lucky he didn't have to pull the turnaround job Bruce was tasked with

WELL SAID!!! It will be very interesting to see if he can keep this rolling when Grant Williams and Admiral leaves. I just do not see staying power for a Rick Barnes program. He was perpetually solid- pretty good at texas and that was it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I honestly am suprised. I never took Rick Barnes as a upper tier coach. He has done worse with more talent at Texas than this rocky top team has. I still just do not see a team more talented than us. But hey I am stubborn in my initial beliefs and convictions about a team!!!! lol

Don't sell Barnes short.  

Before he was at Texas, he was at Clemson and building a program.  I remember him giving UNC and Dean Smith a hard time prior to his departure for Austin.  I think he even beat The Dean before he left.  Smith did not like him and they clashed personally a few times.  Loved it.  

Not a fan of Dean's.  Have never forgiven him, nor UNC, for the Four Corners O.

Never understood why he never made it over the top in Austin, but he's a good coach.  Don't sell him short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AUGoo said:

Don't sell Barnes short.  

Before he was at Texas, he was at Clemson and building a program.  I remember him giving UNC and Dean Smith a hard time prior to his departure for Austin.  I think he even beat The Dean before he left.  Smith did not like him and they clashed personally a few times.  Loved it.  

Not a fan of Dean's.  Have never forgiven him, nor UNC, for the Four Corners O.

Never understood why he never made it over the top in Austin, but he's a good coach.  Don't sell him short.

BUT I WANT TO SELL HIM SHORT REALLY REALLY BAD!!!! lol

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BUT I WANT TO SELL HIM SHORT REALLY REALLY BAD!!!! lol

Not to mention, CBP's got a soft spot in his heart for UT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AUGoo said:

Not to mention, CBP's got a soft spot in his heart for UT.

hahaha I def do not!!!! I want to crush them at every sport. I absolutely hate we have to share the sec title with them last year. What sticks out in my mind with Barnes is he only went to the second round when he HAD KEVIN FREAKING DURANT! I must say he def has exceeded my expectations with what he has done at UT. I did not think he had it in him. What is your ties to barnes?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha I def do not!!!! I want to crush them at every sport. I absolutely hate we have to share the sec title with them last year. What sticks out in my mind with Barnes is he only went to the second round when he HAD KEVIN FREAKING DURANT! I must say he def has exceeded my expectations with what he has done at UT. I did not think he had it in him. What is your ties to barnes?

 

Grew up a Clemson fan, in Anderson- the Opelika of Clemson.

Sorely disappointed when he left.  Thought he was gonna finally give UNC and Duke a run from the Upstate.

Then he left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Grew up a Clemson fan, in Anderson- the Opelika of Clemson.

Sorely disappointed when he left.  Thought he was gonna finally give UNC and Duke a run from the Upstate.

Then he left.

What years was he at clemson? I am only 29 so I do not have vivid memories of him there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a little before your time.

'94-'98.

Graduated AU '89. But still followed CU as second favorite Tigers.  

Couldn't believe we had hired Cliff Ellis from CU at the time.  What a mistake.  Ellis could recruit to CU.  The NBA was full of CU players in 80's and 90's.  Just was not a great X's and O's guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now