Another loss to a rival

NolaAuTiger

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

IS ANYONE ELSE LISTENING TO THE POSTGAME SHOW? DID Y'ALL JUST HEAR GRIMES??? My goodness!!!!!!

You've got me interested as well. Please, share! 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Do share

I can't rewind it, unfortunately. But he basically said that our focus is on win #7. Said we lost to a great team tonight, he thought we fought hard, and that's just part of this business and blah blah blah. Sounded very complacent. I am sick of this mindset "ah, ya know, it happens. We just gotta focus on next week and getting that next win. Give the opponent credit. Pat our guys on the back." 

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Look up the term turd tornado . There is your answer 

Is this found in Urban Dictionary?

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

I can't rewind it, unfortunately. But he basically said that our focus is on win #7. Said we lost to a great team tonight, he thought we fought hard, and that's just part of this business and blah blah blah. Sounded very complacent. I am sick of this mindset "ah, ya know, it happens. We just gotta focus on next week and getting that next win. Give the opponent credit. Pat our guys on the back." 

Sounds like a guy that knows he will be gone.

22 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Great job Gus. I think it’s safe to say there is no one left on the Gus bus.

Oh, there are certainly some left on here. 

I want to play poker with Gus, I bet he folds every time someone raises

I'm tired of hoping Gus will change, we get worse instead of better, we lose players that were three and four star recruits, trick plays that are disasters,  no power running backs that Auburn has always been Nationaly known for. It is painfully clear we have highschool coaches against better intense prepared Coaches in the SEC.

I have not felt this way toward the Coaches and Administration  since the Barfield days. It will not change until he and his staff are gone. Sorry but I cant pump and accept the sunshine some want accepted. It is painful full to watch and lack of respect  from other teams fans embarrassing. 

Gus can get Grimes on the bus to the retirement home where they can go be senile together 

Welcome to all of those that have FINALLY exited the Gus Bus. With each passing game....more and more Gus passengers are understanding that it's past time for the Gus Bus ride to end. Welcome...Welcome!

I would name my son after one of the coaches if they just came out and said something along the lines of “that s*** was unacceptable and a ******* embarrassment to this great university. That was a terrible UGA team and we let them spank our ass while making us thank them for it”

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Welcome to all of those that have FINALLY exited the Gus Bus. With each passing game....more and more Gus passengers are understanding that it's past time for the Gus Bus ride to end. Welcome...Welcome!

You could say the Gus Bus has reached its last stop and all riders must exit. 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

I thought I could deal with this better. I tried to stay positive, but the tank is empty . 

Yep last week I tried to be super positive but unless Gus can hire his replacement as a coordinator, he is in some serious trouble next week.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Leath not Jacobs put us in this current contract 

A lot of people focus on this but Leath was on the job 6 months when this decision had to be made.   One decision out of all the other decisions a college president has to make.   Being an outsider he had to go off the advice of others.  I feel certain that some BOT members and influential supporters would be more than happy for Leath to take the fall for something they are actually responsible for. 

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Again. The president of the academic institution known as Auburn University is not losing his job because of the athletic performance unless of course said athletic performance jeopardizies the athletes' academic performance. I don't like it anymore than you do, but you may as well let that one go.

No you are absolutely wrong. Part of his job is being a steward of Auburn’s finances . And he failed miserably. If Jacobs had done it then it would have been his job to fire Jacobs. He should have never signed off on the deal. You are right it is not his job but he chose to do it so now the fault lies squarely on him. The NCAA and the Accreditation folks would have absolutely no problem in this case with AU firing Leath. What happened before was Boosters getting involved with hiring and firing coaches. This has nothing to do with that.. on top of that Keath has done a terrible job with the academics as well. He should have never been hired after it was known he bilked he last Employer and was terminated.

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

some people work very hard to perfect stupidity.....that would be those people, if they exist anymore

I assure you there are a few left on here. They'll be out in force blaming everyone except the HC.

Just now, Zeek said:

You could say the Gus Bus has reached its last stop and all riders must exit. 

nah, I can think of two off the top of my head who just like to blame everything on Steele (whose group was terrible tonight but DAMN HIM FOR GIVING UP MORE THAN THE 9 POINTS IT WOULDA TAKEN TO WIN THIS GAME)

Archived