Georgia Game Report Card

StatTiger

1 hour ago, Linayus said:

I'm just going to say here that I'm not bashing our defense AT ALL. Yes, we were sloppy in places but when your offense goes 3 and out over and over and the other team controls the time of possession on offense for 2/3 of the game, what can you do? They still held a really good football team to 27 points.

Jesus Christ.. if we had the Nick Marshall offense with this defense we'd be destroying the SEC. But this crap show of an offense is destroying us and our defense is completely gassed. Thank God they can rest a bit against Liberty (I HOPE) and might be more fired up for the Iron Bowl.

I agree but my problem with the D is seeing a return of problems I thought Steele had fixed. Arm tackles galore. Undisciplined play not staying in your gap and DBs getting beat at first step and being lazy and grabbing their guy and getting PIs. I’m not talking about young guy I’m talking about veteran guys. I’m ok to a degree when something stupid happens like the trying to take a ball from a guy on a fair catch like we did. That is just a momentary lapse of judgement. I don’t think it will be repeated ever by that individual. But the mistakes listed above are a growing trend over the last few games. Forgot to mention the lack of sealing the edge also.

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree but my problem with the D is seeing a return of problems I thought Steele had fixed. Arm tackles galore. Undisciplined play not staying in your gap and DBs getting beat at first step and being lazy and grabbing their guy and getting PIs. I’m not talking about young guy I’m talking about veteran guys. I’m ok to a degree when something stupid happens like the trying to take a ball from a guy on a fair catch like we did. That is just a momentary lapse of judgement. I don’t think it will be repeated ever by that individual. But the mistakes listed above are a growing trend over the last few games. Forgot to mention the lack of sealing the edge also.

Agree....the fact the offense is having problems is no excuse for the Defense to play like it has been doing lately. Did you notice on that first UGa TD pass that after the wide open catch, three AU defenders were looking at each other, shaking their heads....each implying that he was "your man" and nobody was in active coverage. Blown assignment have been a frequent issue.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree....the fact the offense is having problems is no excuse for the Defense to play like it has been doing lately. Did you notice on that first UGa TD pass that after the wide open catch, three AU defenders were looking at each other, shaking their heads....each implying that he was "your man" and nobody was in active coverage. Blown assignment have been a frequent issue.  

Yea just read where DD talked and he didn’t mince his words. He admitted they played bad including him. Wish our coach had as much integrity as DD .  He even said while everybody on D screwed up he owned it because he was te on the field  guy responsible for getting them in position. Don’t care what anybody says DD is a full grown Auburn Man. War Dam Eage Mr. Davis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been hearing news about Freeze and Bryant a good bit on the radio. I’m not getting my hopes up but if we could land those two and some O lineman it could make it an interesting 2019 at very least. Might could recover the fan base and build faith in potential future recruiting at least to start to build something. 

Since I can't start my own topic, I'm tagging on to this one to update the career stats for the year to date.

RYAN DAVIS - Davis, of course, broke the school record for receptions against UGA.  Along the way this year he passed Frank Sanders, Tyrone Goodson, Terry Beasley, Karsten Bailey and Courtney Taylor.  Davis is sitting at 13th in all-time receiving yardage.  His current tally of receptions for the season has him tied with Ronnie Daniels (98-99) for 5th best all-time.  His season from last year is the school record.  He's on track to have the top 2 seasons in school history for receptions and to reach 11th all-time in receiving yards.

DARIUS SLAYTON - Slayton reached 1,000 all-purpose and receiving yards for his career this season.  He is currently ranked 15th all-time in receiving yardage and is on track to finish the season ranked 13th.

JARRETT STIDHAM - Stidham ranks as follows on the career charts:  6th in passing yardage, total offense and attempts, 9th in touchdown passes and 5th in completions.  He currently projects to finish the season moving up to 4th in completions and 7th in touchdown passes.  Stidham became only the 6th Auburn Tiger to pass for 5,000 career yards.  His season is currently 10th best all-time in completions, with projections of finishing 2nd in completions and attempts, 4th in passing yards, and 7th in total offense. His last year's ranks are 3rd in total offense, 2nd in yardage and attempts, 6th in touchdown passes, and the school record for completions.

KAM MARTIN - Martin exceeded 1,000 career rushing yards 

DESHAUN DAVIS - Davis is the sole AU Tiger to reach 200+ career tackles. New to the 100 club this year: Marlon Davidson, Jeremiah Dinson, Daniel Thomas, Montavious Atkinson and Derrick Brown. (Darrell Williams and Dontavious Russell reached 100+ last season)