"They're probably gonna fire me"

ChltteTiger

Can anyone verify that Gus mouthed "They're probably gonna fire me" on national TV sometime during the game (I gave up after the final UGA TD so I obviously missed it)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Can anyone verify that Gus mouthed "They're probably gonna fire me" on national TV sometime during the game (I gave up after the final UGA TD so I obviously missed it)

I watched the entire game and didn't see anything like that. No comment was made about it.

I saw it posted elsewhere too. Some seemed to agree they saw it so who knows.

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Ah the six beat me to it

S'all good, my man. We were both quoting the same source.

17 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

yes, i saw it....i read lips pretty well due to being hard of hearing for 3 decades, and it appears without much doubt, thats what he said.....he said to himself because the headphone mic wasn't down

36 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

someone over at the rant posted the video and it seems legit.

I thought he was saying “the future is bright...”

My daughter mentioned that he appeared to say something about being fired right as time expired.  

16 minutes ago, AURealist said:

"Buttered 'n fried meat..."  Not happy about skipping Waffle House...

"Better not give away my seat" referring to preferred booth. 

57 minutes ago, The Six said:

Thanks. Sure looked like it to me. Wow. Edit- just saw your other post and that seems more plausible. 

52 minutes ago, The Six said:

Matt Scalici offered this: "FWIW, my interpretation of this is he’s saying “They better not fine me”" - in reference to yelling at the refs following the targeting call.

https://twitter.com/MattScalici/status/1061614948072210438

In that clip you can see the score is 27-10 which was long after the targeting call. I have a hard time believing Malzahn would be saying that an hour or two later. 

1 minute ago, nurbis said:

In that clip you can see the score is 27-10 which was long after the targeting call. I have a hard time believing Malzahn would be saying that an hour or two later. 

Hey, I report, you decide. LOL

He probably did say it. Takes a worried man to sing a worried song.

Archived