Things I Think I Saw: Auburn vs Georgia....

JMR

2 hours ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Watching stidham on the sideline just cutting up and smiling down 10+ in the third showed you he didn't care

Goodbye Jarrett please go ahead and leave so our backups can get experience for 2019.

17 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Auburn stinks this year. Facts are facts. Question is: will 2019 be more of the same?

No, it will be worse

At what point do our recruits see the poor results and begin to look at their alternatives?  Does anyone know specifically any recruits that are actively looking elsewhere?  I am most concerned that this performance continues, we develop a gap in recruiting and the next coaching staff will have a real hill to climb from diminished talent. 

I know we don't get to do a lot of kick returns so Iggy hasn't had many opportunities this year but he had been doing so much better until this game. He looked just as blind as he did when he first started doing returns.  It's like he can't see outside the one lane he tries to hit and the defenders just nail him (or he runs into one of his own blockers).

I'm not a fan of our 4-2-5 defense when you have one LB on the outside and only one LB in the middle who runs straight into the lineman and gives the RB 5+ EASY yards. With a talented back like Swift, it was a disaster.

Our only hope against Alabama is if both Tua and Jalen are too banged up to make enough plays. We could make it a tight game in that scenario. Not saying we'd win even then, but it'd be a closer game than it will if Tua is healthy.

16 hours ago, JMR said:

So do I. But everybody involved in the program bears some responsibility. We are absolutely poorly coached, and that is on Coach Rain Man. But players have to do their job as well. 

I agree but I will make comment. I heard a coach once make a statement that players should on defense especially, play by reaction and not think. What he meant was player should I. Practice go over these thing time and again till it because part of who they are. I think while Gus thinks our practices are great we may not be accomplishing much.  If you do something over and over it becomes second nature.

1 hour ago, ATOTiger said:

At what point do our recruits see the poor results and begin to look at their alternatives?  Does anyone know specifically any recruits that are actively looking elsewhere?  I am most concerned that this performance continues, we develop a gap in recruiting and the next coaching staff will have a real hill to climb from diminished talent. 

Seems like there is just about always a hit on recruiting for that year when a major program like AU releases the HC. Unless they promote from within like LSU did. Its all about long term returns and its always a gamble unless you know there are multiple homerun type experienced HCs that would be interested (Urban Meyer at Utah taking the Fla job as an example). 2019 season is likely too be bad no matter what route we go.

5 hours ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Watching stidham on the sideline just cutting up and smiling down 10+ in the third showed you he didn't care

Maybe that's just how he handles stress. People banged on Jay Cutler for being loose and lax but he played hard. Just because he doesn't go Tom Brady on someone doesn't mean he cares less. Just means he handles his business differently. Brandon Marcello has been sowing that seed of a story about locker room problems but I'm not seeing it. They aren't coached well and aren't playing well. Happens. 

After the Washington game, Steele said the poor coverage was technique that would get corrected.  Looks like they told them to grab every receiver they cover.  I have never seen DBs wrap their arms around the receivers over and over.  Tells me our DBs cannot stay with the receivers and must grab.  Like several areas of the team, recruiting is really catching up to us in the secondary, OL and RB.  Our DBs must be the least physical group in the SEC.  UGA safeties will knock your head off.  We come up and try to grab you.  But yet, there are those that say our DB coach is one of the best and our OL coach is one of the best in regard to teaching so is it a lack of talent?  Our guys don't seem to get better.  Is Derrick Brown or Marlon better now than they were as freshmen?  I guess Tega has improved.  Just don't see the continued improvement and coaching.  Brown should have been a 1st round talent same with Braden Smith (OL) last year. Those type physically should easily have been developed into 1st round draft choices and don't think the negative recruiting has not been killing us.

14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Ever since LSU it seems Shivers doesn't seem to get many touches yet despite injury Whitlow gets his carries and Martin doesn’t play at all. I don't understand it. :dunno:

Why recruit players that you're not going to use? This is what leads to player unhappiness. Being told one thing in recruiting and it never happens. One of my biggest complaints with Gus.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 11/12/2018 at 5:56 AM, milehighfan said:

Ever since LSU it seems Shivers doesn't seem to get many touches yet despite injury Whitlow gets his carries and Martin doesn’t play at all. I don't understand it. :dunno:

I've given up trying to understand this staff's mentality on roster management.  It's been poor for years.

• Like 1