4-touchdown favorite against Liberty

aubiefifty

Auburn opens as 4-touchdown favorite for home finale against Liberty

Updated 4:35 PM; Posted 4:35 PM

Quarterback Jarrett Stidham and Auburn will welcome Liberty to Jordan-Hare Stadium next weekend for the final home game of the season. (Scott Cunningham)

0 shares

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com

tgreen@al.com

Auburn will be favored for its final game in Jordan-Hare Stadium this season.

The Tigers opened as 29-point favorites against Liberty, according to VegasInsider.com. The Tigers (6-4) will host the Flames (4-5) on Saturday at 3 p.m., with the game broadcast on SEC Network Alternate. It will be the 10th time in 11 games this season that Auburn has been favored.

Saturday will mark the first meeting between Auburn and Liberty. The Flames are in their first season as an FBS team, playing as a provisional FBS member and competing as an Independent this season.

Auburn is coming off a 27-10 loss to Georgia in the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry, while Liberty is coming off a 45-24 loss to Virginia.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

I sure don't see it. But maybe. Stranger things have happened. This Liberty team is not Alabama State. If we waltz in thinking they don't deserve to be on the field with us we may see an Appalachian State VS Michigan or Virginia Tech VS Old Dominion type games. Or even the 2015 Auburn VS JSU game. Sure we pulled that one out, but barely. 

I just don't see us having the offense to win by 4+ TDs. Maybe if the defense scores once or twice... 

• WarTiger changed the title to 4-touchdown favorite against Liberty

Losing to Liberty would not bode well for Gus. I do not see us losing this game though. I think a 34-17 score would be close to what may very well happen.

9 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Big friggin' deal

It is, indeed.  A big win over hobby football teams brings the sunshine pumpers out in droves.

Archived