Deshaun Davis on fake FG

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I am a geezer and don't do twitter.  What did Zac Smith say?

Rivals section has a thread on it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivalry games are for things like this. Funny thing is Gus didn't even want to throw vs UGA last season with Malik in there. I would've rather he had the stones to do so.

3 hours ago, GoBo! said:

that was Swift's dad they show after the run...

Yea the throat slit gesture was childish and uncalled for. He should be reprimanded by uga and maybe miss the next game and give an apology.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn’t like the call. Karma is a B. He can coach aggressive without trying to run the score up. He could’ve had a 20 point lead. But nope, he chose a low percentage play and ended up with less points. Good job bowl cut boy. 

I differ.. I like the call.  UGA - until they play Bama - is in a beauty contest jockeying for a top four finish.  In today's environment, how much these teams win by matters, unfortunately.  All the top four teams won by 20+ this weekend.  Plus, UGA was getting three points automatically with their kicker.. they took a risker play with lower percentage of being successful which would have produced a winning margin of six more (vs three and w/o point after).  who really cares about three more points when a field goal was a given...?  

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wish our coach was up 17 plus and was trying to run the score up. 

Same coach  who thought 20 points at the half were enough to win in Baton Rouge?

1 hour ago, GoBo! said:

All the top four teams won by 20+ this weekend.

And Georgia won by 17 because of the bad call. If you’re going to run the score up, play aggressive within your offense (same unit that is actually successful at scoring TDs.) Using that trickery shat lower percentage play not only raises the eyebrows much more than just playing hard until the final whistle, but it also alerts Bama to BOLO for it. 

Georgia has no need to be looking for beauty points anyways. They already have one loss are still ranked number 5. If they remain with one loss and beat an undefeated Bama, they’re automatically in. If they lose, they’re automatically out

Playing hard and continuing to push to score  with starters or backups no matter the score is fine with me, whether you are on the good or bad side of it. Tubs was notorious for going into a shell instead of going for the throat and it drove me crazy. Running trick plays in the last 3 minutes when you’re up 17? That’s bush league if you ask me. And, no I don’t think Saban (or the devil himself as some here like to think of him) would make that call- and I hope AU doesn’t in a similar situation 

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

Playing hard and continuing to push to score  with starters or backups no matter the score is fine with me, whether you are on the good or bad side of it. Tubs was notorious for going into a shell instead of going for the throat and it drove me crazy. Running trick plays in the last 3 minutes when you’re up 17? That’s bush league if you ask me. And, no I don’t think Saban (or the devil himself as some here like to think of him) would make that call- and I hope AU doesn’t in a similar situation 

I see your point... guess I really don't care since it didn't effect the outcome and they were easily going to get three as it was.. heck, we threw the ball on them last year when up by 23 at the end of the game.  maybe not the coach's call or a trick play, but let the boys play, imo.... they practice practically year round.  just don't see another three to four points added with three minutes left in the game is a big deal.  we do have bigger issues than this... 

14 minutes ago, GoBo! said:

heck, we threw the ball on them last year when up by 23 at the end of the game.

If we had a good coach, we would have a backup slinging the ball around every time when the game is already won. I have no problem with that. Seems to me that coaches used to have more respect for each other and there were unwritten rules. Now everything is cut throat. Did y’all hear how Kirby stole Fromm from Bama? He illegally took a picture of Bama’s recruiting board and showed Fromm where Fromm was on the list. He did that to his own mentor. 

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Did y’all hear how Kirby stole Fromm from Bama? He illegally took a picture of Bama’s recruiting board and showed Fromm where Fromm was on the list. He did that to his own mentor. 

That’s tells you everything you need to know about the kind of person Kirby is if that’s true. What a douchebag that guy is-he’ll get his someday....

39 minutes ago, fredst said:

That’s tells you everything you need to know about the kind of person Kirby is if that’s true. What a douchebag that guy is-he’ll get his someday....

I’ve been told this was true by several bama fans. This is an excerpt by Aaron Suttles on some Tidesports website:

ATLANTA — In the transition period between when Kirby Smart served as Alabama’s defensive coordinator and simultaneously as Georgia’s head coach in the winter of 2015, things got weird and feelings got hurt between Smart and the Crimson Tide program he served for nine years.

The Tuscaloosa News learned that on his way out the door, Smart took a picture of Alabama’s recruiting board, which hangs in the inner sanctum of the Alabama football building, and showed it to recruits who weren’t necessarily at the top of that board. His message was simple: Alabama doesn’t want you as much as it says it does.

Multiple people close to the Alabama program told The Tuscaloosa News that same story, but none wanted to go on record about it.

I can link it. You don’t have to read the rest if you don’t want to...

https://www.tidesports.com/nick-saban-kirby-smart-friends-competitors/

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve been told this was true by several bama fans. This is an excerpt by Aaron Suttles on some Tidesports website:

ATLANTA — In the transition period between when Kirby Smart served as Alabama’s defensive coordinator and simultaneously as Georgia’s head coach in the winter of 2015, things got weird and feelings got hurt between Smart and the Crimson Tide program he served for nine years.

The Tuscaloosa News learned that on his way out the door, Smart took a picture of Alabama’s recruiting board, which hangs in the inner sanctum of the Alabama football building, and showed it to recruits who weren’t necessarily at the top of that board. His message was simple: Alabama doesn’t want you as much as it says it does.

Multiple people close to the Alabama program told The Tuscaloosa News that same story, but none wanted to go on record about it.

I can link it. You don’t have to read the rest if you don’t want to...

https://www.tidesports.com/nick-saban-kirby-smart-friends-competitors/

Damn. That's some slippery stuff, but not at all surprising to me. 

19 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yea the throat slit gesture was childish and uncalled for. He should be reprimanded by uga and maybe miss the next game and give an apology.

Heavy sarcasm?

18 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wish our coach was up 17 plus and was trying to run the score up. 

Fake punts and all! It ain’t that serious. You would think Kirby was mr. steal your girl or something based on the responses. 

18 hours ago, GoBo! said:

I see your point... guess I really don't care since it didn't effect the outcome and they were easily going to get three as it was.. heck, we threw the ball on them last year when up by 23 at the end of the game.  maybe not the coach's call or a trick play, but let the boys play, imo.... they practice practically year round.  just don't see another three to four points added with three minutes left in the game is a big deal.  we do have bigger issues than this... 

Also I always agree with what Spurior said one time when he was asked about running the score up. Not only did he mention the remark about his job to score yours to stop. He also mentioned that it didn’t matter if it’s the second team or walk-I s, if they are on the field their job is to score. He didn’t want to send somebody in and them just wimp around because the next week they  might bring that same attitude.

Maybe I should be more clear but it sure looked like his dad was doing a throat cut pantomime when they showed him in the stands as Swift was running to score. Am I wrong at what I saw or are their folks that think that’s ok? I know that kids get thrown out of games for it are parents not held to the same standard ?

Didn't Gus run a trick play where Ryan Davis threw a bomb to Slayton against Arkansas last year when we were up 40 or something? 

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Didn't Gus run a trick play where Ryan Davis threw a bomb to Slayton against Arkansas last year when we were up 40 or something? 

I think you’re correct, but Gus has fire in his belly when playing Arky.  Not so much against UGA.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think you’re correct, but Gus has fire in his belly when playing Arky.  No so much against UGA.

You're right. My main point is that if you giggled when we did that to poor ole Arky nobody should be feeling sensitive about it when we are on the wrong end of a butt kicking.

Archived