TYS: Ex-Clinton aide Mark Penn: Hillary will run again in 2020

DKW 86

OPed in WSJ from Clinton Advisor Mark Penn says a Third Run from the Winner of the Popular Vote in 2016 is now underway.

Hillary Will Run Again Use handheld if denied full article.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/416164-ex-clinton-aide-hillary-will-run-again-in-2020

“True to her name, Mrs. Clinton will fight this out until the last dog dies,” the pair wrote. “She won’t let a little thing like two stunning defeats stand in the way of her claim to the White House.”

They said Clinton will not allow her “humiliating loss” to President Trumpduring the 2016 presidential election end her political career. 

“You can expect her to run for president once again,” they predicted. “Maybe not at first, when the legions of Senate Democrats make their announcements, but definitely by the time the primaries are in full swing.”

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I really don't think she would make it out of the Dem primaries.

At the very least, I doubt the primaries would be gifted to her like they were previously.  That said, it would be amusing to hear more rally chants of "lock her up!", after a Republican government had the chance and failed to do so.

Folks, Perez and the now DNC Leadership are far more Pro-Clinton than they were in 2016. If she runs, short of some seismic shift in the primaries, she will get the nomination.

29 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Biden, Beto, Harris, Warren and possibly Spartacus would all be better choices for the Dems than Hillary.

I'm going with Ocasio-Cortez.;)

25 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

She'd get crushed in debates, so I'm with you.

She's quite literally ineligible to run for POTUS seeing as she's only 29. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

She's quite literally ineligible to run for POTUS seeing as she's only 29. 

Just a minor technicality... :) She'll still be an air head when she's eligible. 

Actually it would be funny as heck if Hillary runs and don't even win as the Dem's nominee. It would be interesting to see who she would blame for that.

6 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Biden, Beto, Harris, Warren and possibly Spartacus would all be better choices for the Dems than Hillary.

I totally agree but it may not matter tho. Perez et al are essentially Clinton staffers at some point. The only person that I believe has no chance is Bernie Sanders. 

Archived