Monday or Tuesday after the IB

ChltteTiger

That's when some folks on the other board expect the axe to fall on Gus.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect it.  But I hope it's Saturday right smack after.... announced on Sunday.

I really hope this happens for two main reasons.  First, I am weary of watching the debacles and, second, I am sick of talking about the failures of Gus.  

39 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Please tell me you heard this from someone that knows what they're talking about so I can actually digest my turkey better.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

I don't think Gus gets fired this year. That's probably wishful thinking on that other board.

Over this season I have learned that there are handful willing to “die on that hill” defending Gus. You’re not Leonidas and the 300, you’re message board posters. Lol

p.s. Before someone gets all out of whack about this, it’s a joke

8CE1F6FE-D3A3-4726-8F3D-35048BFA1B01.gif

1 hour ago, tigerrules said:

A replay of the last couple years would be torture.  

Think about how many starters we're losing in the Front 7. I don't care if Bo Nix can play like Johnny Football. We'll be lucky to get to 6 wins next season.

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I really didnt think he was fireable after the A&M game, but I didnt think we'd look so futile against a VERY middling UGA team. I think if you lose by 35+ against UA, you at least have to re-engage the conversation. 

23CC9510-EFE9-4EE2-B44E-1592370118B5.gif

Here is the bottom line for me. Gus has not done a good job and needs to go but most likely will not be fired this year. I wish we didn't have to do this, "Gus needs to go" discussion every week whether we win or lose. It's just getting old the people that want him to stay are not going to change their minds and the people that want him to go won't change theirs. But every week win or lose we start this same conversation. We will beat Liberty and lose to Alabama do we have to do this same tired routine every week. This is 9 weeks in a row that people say the same things. Just let it play out, nothing said on this board is going to change it. But on the flip side I do think this stuff from the "fans" hurts recruiting because they do look at some of this stuff. That's what I am more worried about.    

9 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Please tell me you heard this from someone that knows what they're talking about so I can actually digest my turkey better.

I have no feel for who on SECRant has inside info. Probably nobody. This does at least give us hope does it not?

5 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Here is the bottom line for me. Gus has not done a good job and needs to go but most likely will not be fired this year. I wish we didn't have to do this, "Gus needs to go" discussion every week whether we win or lose. It's just getting old the people that want him to stay are not going to change their minds and the people that want him to go won't change theirs. But every week win or lose we start this same conversation. We will beat Liberty and lose to Alabama do we have to do this same tired routine every week. This is 9 weeks in a row that people say the same things. Just let it play out, nothing said on this board is going to change it. But on the flip side I do think this stuff from the "fans" hurts recruiting because they do look at some of this stuff. That's what I am more worried about.    

I understand why people think there is no way Gus is fired this year- it is 100% due to that %^&* contract that should be the reason Leath gets run off. But who on this board sees a future with Gus at the helm? I want names! (monikers, whatever)

10 hours ago, Shift said:

Hard to believe.  AD will have some egg on his face and some explaining to do if true.

He always has an out if they do fire Gus. "We just decided after the Georgia and Alabama games that our inability to stay competitive in those games didn't alligned with the goals set forth by the athletic department and Auburn University". He can say something like that. Either way, I don't think anyone is going to care whether he lied or not. What's he supposed to do in that situation? Everyone is just going to be happy he got his hands dirty and did what needed to be done. Here's to hoping! Give Dino Babers and Mike Leach a call! Let's get this thing moving on the right path!

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:
  1. He always has an out if they do fire Gus. "We just decided after the Georgia and Alabama games that our inability to stay competitive in those games didn't alligned with the goals set forth by the athletic department and Auburn University". He can say something like that. Either way, I don't think anyone is going to care whether he lied or not. What's he supposed to do in that situation? Everyone is just going to be happy he got his hands dirty and did what needed to be done. Here's to hoping! Give Dino Babers and Mike Leach a call! Let's get this thing moving on the right path!

Great quote!

10 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Get ready because the money is there.

Who, in their right mind, would pony up that kind of money? 

I don't like it one bit, but until we get our s*** in order at the very top there is no reason to continue bailing out morons for making these kinds of hiring/contract decisions.  If Gus gets fired I would think Leath will get the axe in very close proximity.  And then we get the knock on the door (again) from SACS.  I don't think it happens.

5 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Great quote!

Haha you like that huh? Maybe I should do that for a living. Write excuses for people to bail themselves out of poor decisions.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Haha you like that huh? Maybe I should do that for a living. Write excuses for people to bail themselves out of poor decisions.

add Tennessee game to the quote and it becomes a great quote for me as well!

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Who, in their right mind, would pony up that kind of money? 

I don't like it one bit, but until we get our s*** in order at the very top there is no reason to continue bailing out morons for making these kinds of hiring/contract decisions.  If Gus gets fired I would think Leath will get the axe in very close proximity.  And then we get the knock on the door (again) from SACS.  I don't think it happens.

Dude, you may as well just go ahead and erase Leath getting fired out of your mind. There is absolutely no chance that happens, anytime soon, unless he has some kind of scandal. Yeah his bonehead contract extension cost people money, but they'll make that money up somewhere. It's really no that much to pay out over time. They'll likely make it up on the difference between this staff and a brand new staff, because I don't think we are going to hire anyone making what Gus is making now. 

Archived