Monday or Tuesday after the IB

ChltteTiger

Monday or Tuesday huh? Not Sunday or Wednesday?.....i hear Thursday is nice. The vague exactness of this prediction is pretty funny. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

add Tennessee game to the quote and it becomes a great quote for me as well!

Ahhh but here's the problem with Tennessee. He made his quote about Gus staying after that game. He'd have to justify the firing with events that happened after he made his comment about Gus' job security.

5 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Not happening this year, Auburn hires a. new OC and we go one more year of this frustration. 

If he even does that. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens, coaching wise. 

11 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

That's when some folks on the other board expect the axe to fall on Gus.

Well. IF it happens, that's not exactly going out on a prognostication limb...

You could build a new 80,000 sf campus facility of some sort for $32 mil.  Crazy how quickly money can be raised for football as opposed to academic facilities and programs.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude, you may as well just go ahead and erase Leath getting fired out of your mind. There is absolutely no chance that happens, anytime soon, unless he has some kind of scandal. Yeah his bonehead contract extension cost people money, but they'll make that money up somewhere. It's really no that much to pay out over time. They'll likely make it up on the difference between this staff and a brand new staff, because I don't think we are going to hire anyone making what Gus is making now. 

Dude, I did not imply that Leath is getting fired, and it's $32 Million dollars.  This isn't Monopoly money, you don't just "make that money up somewhere", half of it will be required almost immediately.  It just isn't going to happen.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Dude, I did not imply that Leath is getting fired, and it's $32 Million dollars.  This isn't Monopoly money, you don't just "make that money up somewhere", half of it will be required almost immediately.  It just isn't going to happen.

I mean I agree that it isn't going to happen, but I don't think the 32 million is what's going to prevent that. I just don't think anyone would make a deal like that, if they didn't have the money to pay for it, if things turned south. I'm not trying to fight with you, man. And never implied that you said he was getting fired. I was just giving my opinion on Leath. Anyone calling for his head, is going is setting themselves up for disappointed, so they may as well just forget it. 

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean I agree that it isn't going to happen, but I don't think the 32 million is what's going to prevent that. I just don't think anyone would make a deal like that, if they didn't have the money to pay for it, if things turned south. I'm not trying to fight with you, man. And never implied that you said he was getting fired. I was just giving my opinion on Leath. Anyone calling for his head, is going is setting themselves up for disappointed, so they may as well just forget it. 

This deal falls mostly on Jacobs, he was the one still steering the athletic department and he is the one with a serious history of stupidity bordering on insane.  I don't particularly have a problem with Leath (at least he didn't do nothing like Gogue).  I still have hope that Allen Greene can put the fear of God back in Malzahn and give sound oversight.  I think right now it's our only option because I don't beleive we're going to trot out a second ridiculous buy-out in six years.

26 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This deal falls mostly on Jacobs, he was the one still steering the athletic department and he is the one with a serious history of stupidity bordering on insane.  I don't particularly have a problem with Leath (at least he didn't do nothing like Gogue).  I still have hope that Allen Greene can put the fear of God back in Malzahn and give sound oversight.  I think right now it's our only option because I don't beleive we're going to trot out a second ridiculous buy-out in six years.

I do not believe there is any way in %^&* JJ would have brokered the Malzahn new contract seeing as how he was pretty much out the door by then. That would be criminally insane to allow him to do that, especially with the history of stupid decisions in that job. So its on Leath unless someone has proof otherwise.

23 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I do not believe there is any way in %^&* JJ would have brokered the Malzahn new contract seeing as how he was pretty much out the door by then. That would be criminally insane to allow him to do that, especially with the history of stupid decisions in that job. So its on Leath unless someone has proof otherwise.

You are correct JJ had nothing to do with the extension it was in Leath  hands.

8 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

You are correct JJ had nothing to do with the extension it was in Leath  hands. 

Altered reality.....

If Gus Malzahn is going to get a contract extension, it will come after negotiations with Auburn’s outgoing athletic director Jay Jacobs.

According to a report from Brandon Marcello of 247Sports, the office of Auburn president Steve Leath said, “Jay is certainly the best and right person to talk with on this question.”

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/college/report-jay-jacobs-will-handle-any-gus-malzahn-contract-extension-negotiations/sRp0i4t629EeSbRLxNBuHJ/new.html

"Gus and I will talk about it but the way Gus is, he doesn’t like to talk about things until everything is over," Jacobs said Saturday night. "He’ll be completely focused on playing Georgia again and so when Gus is ready to talk about it we’ll talk about it. He knows I’ve already mentioned it to him and he said he’s perfectly happy here at Auburn and wants to stay here. We’ll see how things go. It’s a competitive business we’re in and in order to stay in this business you have to be competitive so we’ll just how it all unfolds."

Any big decisions involving the athletics department will be handled in cooperation between Jacobs and Leath.

"If there's big decisions to be made in athletics over the next couple of months while we're searching (for a new athletic director), Jay will do like he normally does and come and sit with me and we'll work through them together," Leath told AL.com this week. "That gives us some continuity and it also keeps me consistent with my management style as to not micromanage, but to be informed."

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-athletics-director-Jay-Jacobs-Gus-Malzahn-is-perfectly-happy-at-Auburn-111103125/

29 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Altered reality.....

If Gus Malzahn is going to get a contract extension, it will come after negotiations with Auburn’s outgoing athletic director Jay Jacobs.

According to a report from Brandon Marcello of 247Sports, the office of Auburn president Steve Leath said, “Jay is certainly the best and right person to talk with on this question.”

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/college/report-jay-jacobs-will-handle-any-gus-malzahn-contract-extension-negotiations/sRp0i4t629EeSbRLxNBuHJ/new.html

"Gus and I will talk about it but the way Gus is, he doesn’t like to talk about things until everything is over," Jacobs said Saturday night. "He’ll be completely focused on playing Georgia again and so when Gus is ready to talk about it we’ll talk about it. He knows I’ve already mentioned it to him and he said he’s perfectly happy here at Auburn and wants to stay here. We’ll see how things go. It’s a competitive business we’re in and in order to stay in this business you have to be competitive so we’ll just how it all unfolds."

Any big decisions involving the athletics department will be handled in cooperation between Jacobs and Leath.

"If there's big decisions to be made in athletics over the next couple of months while we're searching (for a new athletic director), Jay will do like he normally does and come and sit with me and we'll work through them together," Leath told AL.com this week. "That gives us some continuity and it also keeps me consistent with my management style as to not micromanage, but to be informed."

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-athletics-director-Jay-Jacobs-Gus-Malzahn-is-perfectly-happy-at-Auburn-111103125/

OK whatever. The university is being run by a complete fool then. Time to get Leath out of there so Greene can do what needs to be done!

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Exactly. Anyone blaming JJ while giving Leath a pass has zero clue.  Gus would either not be here or not have received the extension if JJ was still here, fact.  The two despised each other the last few years and JJ's "controllers" wanted and still do want Gus out.

Leath and one main booster created, approved, fell for etc this extension and no one else.

Also, if one thinks Leath cannot be fired or let go, they must not realize that Leath is on incredibly shaky ground within the school and it has nothing to do with the football contract.  It is just the icing on the cake...

14 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

That's when some folks on the other board expect the axe to fall on Gus.

I have saved this post. Nothing personal, but this is a bold post and I like to know which posters actually have real information, and which ones post wishful thinking.

Btw, if you're going by info from the SECRant, that is basically a troll site.

4 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I understand why people think there is no way Gus is fired this year- it is 100% due to that %^&* contract that should be the reason Leath gets run off. But who on this board sees a future with Gus at the helm? I want names! (monikers, whatever)

I see a future with Gus. It's just not a bright one. 

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

I have saved this post. Nothing personal, but this is a bold post and I like to know which posters actually have real information, and which ones post wishful thinking.

Btw, if you're going by info from the SECRant, that is basically a troll site.

I agree SECRant is not very good certainly not as good as this board. It did not take long to spot trolls there but on the other hand just cause someone thinks something is coming down in 2 weeks does not make them a troll.

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He will be fired on 12/1....2019. 

Why not earlier? Like say after Florida game early October when we lose and already have at least 3 losses.

29 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Why not earlier? Like say after Florida game early October when we lose and already have at least 3 losses.

Don't pay attention to my last quote. Haha. Brain fart. 

5 hours ago, bg5 said:

It's just getting old, the people that want him to stay are not going to change their minds and the people that want him to go won't change theirs. 

I just don't understand how, in all seriousness, that they can objectively say after watching the last 4 years that Gus is the right coach to lead AU.

Archived