lost

Season Long Poll & NET (New RPI ) Thread

Recommended Posts

Newest rankings will be at the top of this post. Will start adding the RPI after the 10th game of the season.

12/3 Update: AU is #8 in both polls & #7 in the newest NET rankings. Also worth noting AU is #5 in the RPI & #8 in the KenPom rankings which many people in the basketball world is the best rankings system out there.

AU is #16 in the first ever NET rankings. It has replaced the RPI & is now the standard the NCAA committee looks at for selections. https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

 

On 11/19/2018 at 11:51 AM, weathergeakal said:

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll Auburn moves up to #8

 

Auburn #9, Tennessee #5  Kentucky #10

Edited by ellitor
12/3 update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Thread title changed. Figured we didn't need a new poll thread each week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thread title changed. Figured we didn't need a new poll thread each week.

Works for me...  I looked around and did not see anything new so thought i would post an update!    Interesting to drop KY on a loss to Duke on their 1st game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lost said:

Works for me...  I looked around and did not see anything new so thought i would post an update!    Interesting to drop KY on a loss to Duke on their 1st game?

Probably the way they lost and they could have easily lost their second game

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, I know it's a long ways away and might not ever come to be ... but the thought of going into Maui and beating Xavier, Duke, AND Gonzaga has me almost salivating. It's a good time to be a basketball fan. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

still should be higher

Let's wait till after the Maui tournament.  We do the unthinkable and we might leave this tournament #1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys 1 game at a time please.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Guys 1 game at a time please.

Indeed! Miss College and then try Xavier. Let's see if we can notch these two wins before fantasizing.

 

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Yes one game at a time...... BUT if we DO dominate Maui...... well that’d just be something else 

Honestly I'd be happy going 2-1 finishing 3rd in the tourney but giving Duke hell should we play them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Honestly I'd be happy going 2-1 finishing 3rd in the tourney but giving Duke hell should we play them.

Is it bad for me to see that the only team I think we can lose to in maui is Duke? I think everyone else we could beat. Even the Zags since their star guy is out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Is it bad for me to see that the only team I think we can lose to in maui is Duke? I think everyone else we could beat. Even the Zags since their star guy is out. 

Pretty sure Gonzaga is pretty loaded just like AU is. They have a lottery pick in Rui Hachimura who’s still playing. But AU can definitely beat either team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am just in awe of the moment !!!! lost interest in football last year when we didn't get a new coach and that interest is now directed all toward basketball....all of the excitement and anticipation a 64 year old can muster.....i'll need to smoke some dope next week to calm me down before the tourney....never smoked dope before so that shows how hyped i am

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

Is it bad for me to see that the only team I think we can lose to in maui is Duke? I think everyone else we could beat. Even the Zags since their star guy is out. 

No. Feel the same but we won't see the Zags unless we beat Xavier & Duke. What I was saying in my earlier post is the loser of the AU Duke game should we get to that point  will finish third. If we lose to Duke we may be 3rd in the tourney final standings but could be no worse than the 2nd best team in the Maui Tourney.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i am just in awe of the moment !!!! lost interest in football last year when we didn't get a new coach and that interest is now directed all toward basketball....all of the excitement and anticipation a 64 year old can muster.....i'll need to smoke some dope next week to calm me down before the tourney....never smoked dope before so that shows how hyped i am

Dude!  :no:

It's never too late, but time's a wastin'.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do losses in basketball affect rankings vs football? Will Auburn stay where they are given their loss to Duke being a “good loss”? What about North Carolina’s loss to an Unranked team? Does that move Auburn up? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

How do losses in basketball affect rankings vs football?

Since there are usually 2 basketball games a week it depends on the 2 teams you play in a given week. Typically a 2-0 week in basketball is like a 1-0 football week. An 0-2 basketball week is like an 0-1 football week. A 1-1 basketball week is like half of a 0-1 football week with little or no drop.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Will Auburn stay where they are given their loss to Duke being a “good loss”?

between 8 & 10 IMO.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

What about North Carolina’s loss to an Unranked team?

Texas will be ranked if they beat Sparty today.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Does that move Auburn up?

Not neccesarily. They probably still have to lose to UCLA today. Also if FSU & Sparty win their tourneys this week they will jump us.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also if FSU & Sparty win their tourneys this week they will jump us.

Doubt it. Imagine AU will stay the same. No chance MSU or FSU jump us especially since MSU already has a loss and AU still has 3 quality wins. What will be interesting is to see if AU jumps Tennessee in the polls after their loss to Kansas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now