Season Long Poll & NET (New RPI ) Thread

lost

Don’t give a crap about the coaches or ap polls. Just as long as AU keeps crawling back up the NET rankings where it counts. A win in Baton Rouge would be really nice come tourney selection time. Hopefully Austin is ready to go by then bc they have some really good bigs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heck yeah!! Man i just can't praise this team enough for the way they continued to fight this season. I had just about given up on them being anything more than a pretty good team this year but they did not give up on themselves and they are now set up really nicely for an outstanding finish to this season. Kudos to coaches and all the players (especially the senior leaders) for not letting some bad games and loses get them down. 

• 4 weeks later...

Final coaches’ poll  

1. Virginia 
2. Texas Tech 
3. Michigan State 
4. Duke 
5. Auburn 
6. Gonzaga 
7. Kentucky 
8. Purdue 
9. North Carolina 
10. Tennessee 
11. Michigan 
12. Houston 
13. Florida State 
14. Virginia Tech 
15. LSU 
16. Kansas 
17. Buffalo 
18. Wofford 
19. Kansas State 
20. Villanova 
21. Oregon 
22. Maryland 
23. Nevada 
24. Wisconsin 
25. Iowa State

——

4. Duke

5. Auburn

——

LOL of course. 

anyone surprised at the Duke ranking.....this had to be the worst coaching job of his career for Coach K.   A bench full of McDonald's A-As and totally dependent on one player for the team's success.     JMO but no player on the Duke squad was any better at the end of the season than at the beginning...maybe Zion but that's doubtful too.    Still gonna have a bunch called by the NBA but not because of anything they did at Duke.  

• 1 month later...

We are losing our 3 best players and some really important high energy type role players. It’s going to be a tough task the end this next season ranked in the top 25. I’m not personally too shocked or offended by us not being ranked in the preseason. 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

We are losing our 3 best players and some really important high energy type role players. It’s going to be a tough task the end this next season ranked in the top 25. I’m not personally too shocked or offended by us not being ranked in the preseason. 

I get your point but we still return 5 seniors from a final four squad plus a highly ranked recruiting class. Plenty of talent and experience to be in the top 25. Only team from the elite 8 that he didn’t include 

Tough to rank a team that loses it's entire back court and the literal heart and soul of the team in Horace and Malik and the team's most talented player in Chuma. Let's allow the freshman to develop at their own rates. The kids that we have now and that just left us went through a ton of growing pains before getting to be Final Four good

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

more fair here. Still think we’re better than Lsu

I'll take this ranking over that stupid one at the beginning of the post. 

To not include us in the top 25, after playing in the final four is ridiculous. 

I understand we lose our top 3 players, but so does Virginia, who won the NC, and they were still ranked in the preseason 25? 

This Kentucky ranking is about where I would start Auburn off. And they also put Virginia in top 15 right ahead of Auburn, which makes more sense too. This way, as the season progresses, if our freshman start to contribute, we will stay in the top 25. If they don't then we will drop out, and we will have been in a rebuilding mode this year.

But to not put us in the top 25, with Wiley, Purifoy, McLemore, Doughty, and McCormack( all contributors to our NCAA run) tells me they didn't do their homework, or have a Pearl bias, like many have....

I’m glad we aren’t getting love.  Players will feel some disrespect/motivation, keep our still learning fan base expectations a little lower and allow the frosh some time to grow up.

We are replacing 5 key players. That is an insane amount of talent leaving. You don't lose that much and keep chugging along in college hoops outside of a few major programs. Buckle up guys this is going to be a rebuild job.

Lucky for us, rebuild job likely means we will be a bubble team now. That's how far Bruce has brought the program.

Id have us as low teens, high 20s just out of respect for BP and some of the guys we got coming in. We might have some individuals returning, but outside of J'von, who do you have that's truly inspiring in an individual sense? Right now the team probably looks like high end hustle and some youth to the outside, and thats hard to grade.

Archived