Season Long Poll & NET (New RPI ) Thread

lost

Newest rankings will be at the top of this post. Will start adding the RPI after the 10th game of the season.

12/3 Update: AU is #8 in both polls & #7 in the newest NET rankings. Also worth noting AU is #5 in the RPI & #8 in the KenPom rankings which many people in the basketball world is the best rankings system out there.

AU is #16 in the first ever NET rankings. It has replaced the RPI & is now the standard the NCAA committee looks at for selections. https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

On 11/19/2018 at 11:51 AM, weathergeakal said:

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll Auburn moves up to #8

Auburn #9, Tennessee #5  Kentucky #10

• ellitor changed the title to Season Long Poll Thread (11/12/18 update)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thread title changed. Figured we didn't need a new poll thread each week.

Works for me...  I looked around and did not see anything new so thought i would post an update!    Interesting to drop KY on a loss to Duke on their 1st game?

28 minutes ago, lost said:

Works for me...  I looked around and did not see anything new so thought i would post an update!    Interesting to drop KY on a loss to Duke on their 1st game?

Probably the way they lost and they could have easily lost their second game

Holy crap, I know it's a long ways away and might not ever come to be ... but the thought of going into Maui and beating Xavier, Duke, AND Gonzaga has me almost salivating. It's a good time to be a basketball fan. 

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

still should be higher

Let's wait till after the Maui tournament.  We do the unthinkable and we might leave this tournament #1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Guys 1 game at a time please.

Indeed! Miss College and then try Xavier. Let's see if we can notch these two wins before fantasizing.

24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Yes one game at a time...... BUT if we DO dominate Maui...... well that’d just be something else 

Honestly I'd be happy going 2-1 finishing 3rd in the tourney but giving Duke hell should we play them.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Honestly I'd be happy going 2-1 finishing 3rd in the tourney but giving Duke hell should we play them.

Is it bad for me to see that the only team I think we can lose to in maui is Duke? I think everyone else we could beat. Even the Zags since their star guy is out. 

47 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Is it bad for me to see that the only team I think we can lose to in maui is Duke? I think everyone else we could beat. Even the Zags since their star guy is out. 

Pretty sure Gonzaga is pretty loaded just like AU is. They have a lottery pick in Rui Hachimura who’s still playing. But AU can definitely beat either team

i am just in awe of the moment !!!! lost interest in football last year when we didn't get a new coach and that interest is now directed all toward basketball....all of the excitement and anticipation a 64 year old can muster.....i'll need to smoke some dope next week to calm me down before the tourney....never smoked dope before so that shows how hyped i am

2 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

No. Feel the same but we won't see the Zags unless we beat Xavier & Duke. What I was saying in my earlier post is the loser of the AU Duke game should we get to that point  will finish third. If we lose to Duke we may be 3rd in the tourney final standings but could be no worse than the 2nd best team in the Maui Tourney.

7 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i am just in awe of the moment !!!! lost interest in football last year when we didn't get a new coach and that interest is now directed all toward basketball....all of the excitement and anticipation a 64 year old can muster.....i'll need to smoke some dope next week to calm me down before the tourney....never smoked dope before so that shows how hyped i am

Dude!  :no:

It's never too late, but time's a wastin'.  

How do losses in basketball affect rankings vs football? Will Auburn stay where they are given their loss to Duke being a “good loss”? What about North Carolina’s loss to an Unranked team? Does that move Auburn up? Thanks!

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

How do losses in basketball affect rankings vs football?

Since there are usually 2 basketball games a week it depends on the 2 teams you play in a given week. Typically a 2-0 week in basketball is like a 1-0 football week. An 0-2 basketball week is like an 0-1 football week. A 1-1 basketball week is like half of a 0-1 football week with little or no drop.

Will Auburn stay where they are given their loss to Duke being a “good loss”?

between 8 & 10 IMO.

What about North Carolina’s loss to an Unranked team?

Texas will be ranked if they beat Sparty today.

Does that move Auburn up?

Not neccesarily. They probably still have to lose to UCLA today. Also if FSU & Sparty win their tourneys this week they will jump us.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also if FSU & Sparty win their tourneys this week they will jump us.

Doubt it. Imagine AU will stay the same. No chance MSU or FSU jump us especially since MSU already has a loss and AU still has 3 quality wins. What will be interesting is to see if AU jumps Tennessee in the polls after their loss to Kansas

Archived