If Malzahn returns

Swamp Eagle

46 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Everyone has gushed over our D-line this year. I know the D as a whole has been pretty good in the red zone, but isn't it fair to say it has given up "chunks of yardage and big plays"? Thinking of Ms St, UT, UGA in particular.

Did I say Auburn's defense has given up chunks of yardage & big plays?  NOPE

I responded to AUWent statement, "In my opinion, offensive line is every bit as, if not more important than the quarterback. #Comeatme"

My response was below:

2 hours ago, keesler said:

The men in the trenches dictate the entire game of football.  Throw out a sucky dline and the defense gives up chunks of yardage and big plays - throw out a sucky oline and the offense sputters, slows down, halts, becomes ineffective and barely can scooter poot down the field.

I made a general statement which could pertain to any football team, not specifically Auburn.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol Oregon is gonna eat our lunch if Gus is the HC still. First month Gus + New QB + New OC most likely + lots of contributors on defense leaving = another national TV disaster.

Living in ACC country, my friends who are football fans but not well versed in SEC matters have said to me "Dude, Auburn is generally always ranked and whenever I see their scores scroll across the bottom of the TV they're usually winning. But whenever I see them play on TV they look so bad" Yikes.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol Oregon is gonna eat our lunch if Gus is the HC still. First month Gus + New QB + New OC most likely + lots of contributors on defense leaving = another national TV disaster.

Living in ACC country, my friends who are football fans but not well versed in SEC matters have asked me "Dude, Auburn is generally always ranked and whenever I see their scores scroll across the bottom of the TV they're usually winning. But whenever I see them play on TV they look so bad" Yikes.

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

tenor.gif

We have casual football fans calling out our plays, we have people who don't even follow AU noticing how we never win big games outside the aberrations that were DSOR/Iron Bowl in '13 and last season, we had starters transfer in the middle of the year, a redshirt mishap (what the eff????), and overall trust in the staff and head man in charge is probably at an all time low.

BUT I will say, whoever replaces Gus will have a ton of talent to utilize properly with some fresh and modern ideas. I hope we cut Gus loose before recruiting dries up and the next guy won't have much of anything to work with

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We have casual football fans calling out our plays, we have people who don't even follow AU noticing how we never win big games outside the aberrations that were DSOR/Iron Bowl in '13 and last season, we had starters transfer in the middle of the year, a redshirt mishap (what the eff????), and overall trust in the staff and head man in charge is probably at an all time low.

BUT I will say, whoever replaces Gus will have a ton of talent to utilize properly with some fresh and modern ideas. I hope we cut Gus loose before recruiting dries up and the next guy won't have much of anything to work with

Truly, it is an embarrassing time to be an Auburn football fan.

But, Auburn's next HC!?!?

tenor (1).gif

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

ol Oregon is gonna eat our lunch if Gus is the HC still.

Oregon better bring their OWN lunch, because Miss.St and Tenn. Jap-slapped Gus and took it all. Jawja eat all the dessert and bama is going to lap up all the crumbs, ALL THE CRUMBS! There's nothing left! nada, zilch, zero! Ole Gus's cup-board is bare!

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So will we be able to get rid of him after next year?

Depends on how it plays out. If Auburn goes out and gets Kelly Bryant and Hugh Freeze, and we see the same limited creativity we've seen this year, then I think he's gone. If we win more games and are competitive, then I think he stays.  

With Auburn's President and AD giving Malzahn their full support and by saying Malzahn will be our coach in 2019, I'd say there's more then a good chance that Gus will be back next year.

12 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Depends on how it plays out. If Auburn goes out and gets Kelly Bryant and Hugh Freeze, and we see the same limited creativity we've seen this year, then I think he's gone. If we win more games and are competitive, then I think he stays.  

Bryant and Freeze combined are not going to be a whole lot of help if the problems on the o-line are not addressed and fixed first. The line is the heart of the O. And the results of the o-line play this year has been abysmal. I am more concerned with o-line play next year than any other positions on the team. You have lack of recruiting there, lack of fundamentals, lack of strength and a lack of carrying out each one's assignment, etc. That all equals out to=COACHING! 

Does anyone honestly think next year will be any different?  I don’t.  Reminds me of playing poker and betting a lot into the pot, only to come to the realization that the odds of having a winning hand are very low.  But you stay in because you have already put a bunch in the pot...just hoping that a miracle happens and you win.  That’s exactly what Leath and Greene have done.  A pair of deuces won’t beat a full-house. 

38 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

And if we don’t get either?

49 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And if we don’t get either?

Gus is an a heap of crap but at least he will be a very rich at the end, either way.

40 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

When Coach Dye gives the nod...........CGM will be shown the door😁

If true,then I would imagine that Coach Dye has been nodding a lot after that UT debacle.😃

On 11/13/2018 at 11:51 AM, selias said:

If Gus remains for 2019, that means another season of me not watching any SEC football.

i don't know if i can stand another year of him being the coach,myself....i'm sure i'll start the season watching but i can't handle much more of this

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

When Coach Dye gives the nod...........CGM will be shown the door😁

What is Dye saying about this mess? Can't believe he is being so quiet.

24 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

What is Dye saying about this mess? Can't believe he is being so quiet.

You’re implying he’s capable of saying things at this point? ;)

23 hours ago, selias said:

Can we stop with the whole needing a DT QB? If coach and his staff cannot adapt to the players on offense, what kind of coaches are they?

Gustav has shown himself incapable of adapting whether it be between seasons or between halves. The 2nd part of your statement is absolutely correct, Gussy is his own worst enemy.

Gus offense has worked at its best with a DT/QB. Look no further than Cam Newton & Nick Marshall. both were involved in National Championship games. We have had moderate success with non DT QBs, but no national championship implications in the equation. From his days coaching HS football in Arkansas, DT/QBs have yielded optimal success in Gus' scheme.

Get Kelly Bryant for 2019 and you will see a huge uptick in our offense. Gus biggest problem has been trying to put square pegs in round holes with trying to put a pocket passer type of QB in his system. Yes, opposition has gotten a bit wiser to the mechanics of Gus offense, but put a high caliber DT/QB in his system and noticeable positive changes will take place in our offense. Trust me on this one young grasshopper! (lol)

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

With Auburn's President and AD giving Malzahn their full support and by saying Malzahn will be our coach in 2019, I'd say there's more then a good chance that Gus will be back next year.

I think we need to find out what was done to Leath to pissed him off so bad.

10 hours ago, aucom96 said:

We have had several, we just aren't fooling anyone anymore. How many "dual-threat" QBs do you see dominating without a line or a primitive passing plan? When Marshall was here, defenses were still staying off the line and trying to read the point of attack. They soon learned to aggressively attack the point of exchange, realizing anything not a screen in Gus' offense was going to take a long time to develop downfield. Kelly isn't going to boost us. We have a crappy line. We had average at best backs. We still have a primitive passing attack. Our success with Gus entirely depends on a strong running game - dual threat or not - and looking at the talent we have and what we're recruiting, if he sticks around we're in for a few more seasons similar to this one. 

Who knows what will happen. The last few games our OL looked better and was given JS better protection. The problem is that JS does not have the same game set Cam or Nick had when it comes to speed. Not sure what is going on with JS, but if he had wheels like Cam and Nick, we could very well have 1-3 more wins this season. JS is gun shy and just does not look comfortable in the offense. I know he has gotten pounded several games, but over the past few games, he has gotten better protection. I just would like for us to find a bonafide DT QB of which would likely yield us 2 or more wins for 2019 over our W/L record for 2018. I think our OL will improve enough to give Bryant a chance to give us a 9-3 or better season for 2019. Bo could be a huge factor for 2019 as well.

10 hours ago, auelvis87 said:

If he wasn't ready to contribute then why did he play in 5 games and burn a year?

Possibly because he didn't want to be redshirted and maybe the staff thought playing him some would help turn his attitude around. The guy is running 5th string. I don't see why there's all the angst about him not being played more/less.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Possibly because he didn't want to be redshirted and maybe the staff thought playing him some would help turn his attitude around. The guy is running 5th string. I don't see why there's all the angst about him not being played more/less.

So now the staff is surrendering to the whim of a player because of what you perceive is an attitude issue? Completely an assumption by you. Also, if he is a 5th string running back, wouldn’t he benefit from a redshirt? 

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

So now the staff is surrending to the whim of a play because of what you perceive is an attitude issue? Completely an assumption by you . Also, if he is a 5th string running back, wouldn’t he benefit from a redshirt? 

Everything that's been posted about the Asa Martin redshirt issue is complete assumption, based solely on the brief scribbling of a reporter whose information has been proven false in times past. To redshirt or not is an individual decision reached between the staff and the player and depends on individual circumstances. I don't know, you don't know and that reporter doesn't know what factors are involved.

Just now, Mikey said:

Everything that's been posted about the Asa Martin redshirt issue is complete assumption, based solely on the brief scribbling of a reporter whose information has been proven false in times past. To redshirt or not is an individual decision reached between the staff and the player and depends on individual circumstances. I don't know, you don't know and that reporter doesn't know what factors are involved.

Again you completely bounced around a direct question. I never said I knew nor Am I stressing of Asa’s PT. However, I am asking you, based on your assumption, why would the coaching staff not want to redshirt a 5th string RB to appease his attitude? That is essentially what you were implying? And if he is a 5th string running back, wouldn't a redshirt be preferable? Please, once again, stay direct. 

Archived