Can't make this up

cole256

UAB is ranked and we're not.....UAB is ranked ahead of us. Think about that, we thought we would be championship contenders...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

UAB is ranked and we're not.....UAB is ranked ahead of us. Think about that, we thought we would be championship contenders...

It's all Chip Lindsey's fault. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh, people are laughing their butts off right now.

Just now, doug3020 said:

Can’t be true. We have more stars than UAB. That’s how bama wins according to the board. 

Yep - those uat stars come pre-packaged, pre-developed, they don't have to build anything over there because they pay high dolla for ready-made pro prospects. No coaching/training/developing/strategizing/learning's needed.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There have been other years when we had a few losses and dropped out of the top 25 that I would have loved to have been able to substitute some of the teams ranked above us for the teams remaining on our schedule.  Rankings don't mean much unless you end up it the top 4.

I don't put stock in the rankings beyond the top 10 (and not much in that). But you can't argue with the W/L column. UAB would probably give us a dog fight.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

THATS IT!!!! SHUT DOWN THE UAB PROGRAM!!!!

Their coach will need a job. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Because they’re a better program 

can’t argue with their trajectory since being incepted 

So true. I would love to feel what the 230 UAB fans feel right now. I miss that feeling.

15 minutes ago, wcware said:

So true. I would love to feel what the 230 UAB fans feel right now. I miss that feeling.

Idk if this is sarcasm or not, but those 230 fans at least can go to sleep knowing their BOT is actively trying to improve their program and they have a better than HS head coach for likely 1/6th of the price 

57 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Idk if this is sarcasm or not, but those 230 fans at least can go to sleep knowing their BOT is actively trying to improve their program and they have a better than HS head coach for likely 1/6th of the price 

Guster makes 7x what Mr. Clark makes per season.

Ponder that for a bit and let it sink in...

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Would you care to line up Bill Clark's resume with Gus Malzahn's? 

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Guster makes 7x what Mr. Clark makes per season.

Ponder that for a bit and let it sink in...

Wonder what the strength of schedule multiplier would be...

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Probably commensurate with the strength of available resources. 

Last year Auburn was 10-2 in the regular season. UAB was 8-4. The year before that, UAB was 6-6. I'm not saying Clark is a bad coach by any means, but there are high water marks and droughts for every school. Just because UAB is the flavor of the week doesn't mean that we would be better off trading coaches with them, as some in this thread seem to be suggesting.

3 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

There have been other years when we had a few losses and dropped out of the top 25 that I would have loved to have been able to substitute some of the teams ranked above us for the teams remaining on our schedule.  Rankings don't mean much unless you end up it the top 4.

They mean a lot to a lot of us.

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Last year Auburn was 10-2 in the regular season. UAB was 8-4. The year before that, UAB was 6-6. I'm not saying Clark is a bad coach by any means, but there are high water marks and droughts for every school. Just because UAB is the flavor of the week doesn't mean that we would be better off trading coaches with them, as some in this thread seem to be suggesting.

First, I'm not arguing in favor of Clark. I don't know how I feel about him. But I don't think you can really point to SOS or any other metric without taking the full scope of the programs into consideration. 

6-6? That was their best record since 2004. Funny you said "high water marks and droughts". UAB had a 2 year drought after that where they literally didn't even exist. They went 8-4 last year in their first year back after 2 years of not even having a football program. And that was a new record for wins as an FBS program. And they've already set the new record this season at 9 with 2 regular season games to play. Flavor of the week? Bill Clark has steadily been rewriting that program's history each season since he's been there. He's redefining what is possible for UAB football. And they keep getting better under him.

None of these things are true about Gus. He won big in year 1 and the program has been mediocre each season since except for one month last season. I would argue that 2 of the previous 4 coaches at Auburn were better. It's arguable that Terry Bowden was as good.

Bill Clark is the best coach in UAB history. And he's better in year 3/5 than he was in year 1. 

Does any of this mean Clark can handle the Auburn job? Nope. But within the parameters of their respective jobs, Clark is a much better coach than Gus. 

Oh, regarding SOS: we beat Southern Miss by 11 and UAB beat them by 3. We both played at home. I could see Auburn- 90,000 seat stadium, preseason top 10, reigning SEC West champion- beating UAB by 7-10 points at home. Sure. 

31 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Wonder what the strength of schedule multiplier would be...

You'd need to to consider the program resource multiplier as well.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Easy it was sarcasm. I would hire Bill Clark today.

Just now, TigerFanAU said:

And people don't want Bill Clark.....

UAB has the 3rd best defense in the nation.

It'll be fun watching how the Blazers fare against the Aggies this weekend.  I don't expect a win, of course, but Bill is doing more with less and I respect that.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

It'll be fun watching how the Blazers fare against the Aggies this weekend.  I don't expect a win, of course, but Bill is doing more with less and I respect that

Same here. Wouldn't be surprised to see UAB keep it close early, then lose it in the second half strictly due to more depth of a P5 school.

Archived