Malzahn Presser 11-13-2018

Auburn Kev

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it's one thing for us to *know* Jarrett is gone after his junior year but another thing for Gus to basically publicly confirm it

Malzahn: “We expected to do better. That’s fair to say. We are extremely youthful, and I think that’s fair to say.”  Malzahn will continue to use this as a crutch, while the best teams in college football, Clemson and Alabama, will continue to thrive in part because of their youth. The idea that youth has kept us from achieving expectations is ridiculous. This should not continue to be the narrative, or things are not going to improve anytime soon.

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

I was being sarcastic. 

I know.   I was referring the his comment that we would be better on offense regardless of the qb. 

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Wow, it's one thing for us to *know* Jarrett is gone after his junior year but another thing for Gus to basically publicly confirm it

Maybe that will help secure Kelly Bryants services?

4 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Maybe he really hasn't thought about it.

Maybe he is going to stay.

Maybe he's so over it he's ready to bolt without having to fake smile and hug Gus at midfield

Maybe he wants to see if we fire Gus and see who we bring in

Maybe his plan the whole time was to just spend 2 years max at AU

Stidham is gone one way or the other.  He either gets drafted or he is a grad transfer.  No way he is going to play another year is this mess Gus calls an offense.  Hindsight, he made a bad decision to play for Gus.  He is an air raid QB.  Not sure how good he is, but he needs to be playing in that type offense.  I guess Gus and Chip promised him we would pass the ball a lot if he came on board. They didn't tell him that 90% of the passes would be bubble screens.

Third down performance is going to suffer when 3rd downs are always for 5+ yds, Gus.  

On the positive side, it's good to know we aren't having any problems on 1st and 2nd downs where our best craft masters are brewing up those 3rd and longs.  

Is JS on track to graduate? If he's eligible to transfer and play next season it may be a good idea to reach out to Dana Holgerson and see if they need someone to man the ship for a year to follow Will Grier

I mean if his options are Gus or Dana, if you're a QB it's a no brainer IMO

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Is JS on track to graduate? If he's eligible to transfer and play next season it may be a good idea to reach out to Dana Holgerson and see if they need someone to man the ship for a year to follow Will Grier

I mean if his options are Gus or Dana, if you're a QB it's a no brainer IMO

IIRC he already has graduated.  Doesn't he have one of those "graduate" patches on his jersey?

Also, it would be a BETTER idea for AUBURN to reach out to Dana Holgerson.

4 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I know JS has his undergrad, I'd assume he has his Masters now also.  He could also go to Oklahoma with Murray going to baseball next year.

He would be scary at OU

If we are young this year what will the excuse be next year with a new quarterback that we have never seen do anything but run the ball.  The best passer not named Jarrett that we have seen this year is RB Whitlow.  This is why Gus is so damn infuriating.  Willis needs to play the whole game against Liberty and run the whole offense so that we know right now what we have instead of starting the year off next year not knowing what we have.  This dang booger picker will blame next years failures on a new Qb for sure.

10 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

If we are young this year what will the excuse be next year with a new quarterback that we have never seen do anything but run the ball.  The best passer not named Jarrett that we have seen this year is RB Whitlow.  This is why Gus is so damn infuriating.  Willis needs to play the whole game against Liberty and run the whole offense so that we know right now what we have instead of starting the year off next year not knowing what we have.  This dang booger picker will blame next years failures on a new Qb for sure.

How dare you ignore the player with the highest QBR on the team -- Ryan Davis.

Bet there's never been a player lead a team in QBR and break a career receiving record

53 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This is a problem?

Archived