Tennessee Basketball 2018-19

tigeraddikt

I'm personally fed up with the UT basketball lovefest early in the season. They are currently looking very sluggish against a not great Ga Tech team. Talking heads saying UT is a Final 4 contender blahblah. Dont get me wrong, they are a good team. RickBarnes did a nice job last year, but he had a full deck and his team peaked toward the end of the season. Pearl was a magician with a depleted roster and the uncertainty of the investigation. The fact that Pearl didn't win SEC Coach of the Year was a steaming fart in the face of Auburn and Pearl, and honestly a joke. Also, the fact that AU doesn't hold the reg. season title alone is another joke. Beating UT head to head on their court should give AU the title outright. But as it stands now, UT had the player and coach of the year and were regular season (co-)champions. Meh rant over.

6 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I'm personally fed up with the UT basketball lovefest early in the season. They are currently looking very sluggish against a not great Ga Tech team. Talking heads saying UT is a Final 4 contender blahblah. Dont get me wrong, they are a good team. RickBarnes did a nice job last year, but he had a full deck and his team peaked toward the end of the season. Pearl was a magician with a depleted roster and the uncertainty of the investigation. The fact that Pearl didn't win SEC Coach of the Year was a steaming fart in the face of Auburn and Pearl, and honestly a joke. Also, the fact that AU doesn't hold the reg. season title alone is another joke. Beating UT head to head on their court should give AU the title outright. But as it stands now, UT had the player and coach of the year and were regular season (co-)champions. Meh rant over.

Don't forget the sixth man of the Year! He's awesome!

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Yes he does. He's hurt right now though

That's probably why I haven't heard his name then.  He is fun to watch. I hope he makes a quick recovery. 

Would be nice if we had a Rivals basketball forum to place this thread in instead of it likely getting lost in the non AU sports forum.

56 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's back scored 13 first game back!

Great. Can't wait to see him play again. 

Now we get to see how Tennessee measures up with their ranking.  They get #2 Kansas tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Now we get to see how Tennessee measures up with their ranking.  They get #2 Kansas tomorrow. 

No offense to Cole, but I hope UTk gets smashed. Living in Tennessee, I’ve grown to really dislike their fans even though most of them don’t seem to know squat about the school they rep. 

Being in Southwest TN, I’m in a melting pot of schools. AU, Arkansas, both MS schools, bama, Memphis, UTk. And also working in retail, I see all of them on a daily basis—UTk fans are some really oblivious fools.

Archived