If you could have one Non-Auburn player...

AUght2win

8 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I think Wilson was the most overrated college QB and is currently the most overrated NFL QB. Players also claimed he was super arrogant on the visit, and that the coaches kinda shrugged him off after he acted like he deserved the starting job. Remember, he picked Bielema over us...

Lies, lies, lies.    Butt  hurt Auburn fans keep spreading this crap and it has no truth to it.   The starting job thing is complete BS and he picked Paul Chryst's pro style offense over Gus' offense. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/14/2018 at 7:00 PM, KolchakAU85 said:

Cam Newton.  Would loved to have had him for 3 years.

If the goal was to fix this current team....it would have to be Michael Vick or cam newton.  Cam was kinda of mess coming out of high school, but I would like to think he would not have had those problems at auburn. Qb is the only single player that could make a difference. Offensive line would need 2,3 or 4 to make a difference now.  

I know its not a player but if we could go back in time and snag Bob Stoops in 1999 over Tubs think about what could have been built here. I know he was in the big 12 but imagine having 14 out of 18 seasons with 10+ wins, a Natty, and 10 conference championships. I think he would have also quelled the Saban uprise and enjoyed the challenge every year. 

Player wise, I'm picking Barry Sanders. Imagine going from Bo to Barry in a smooth transition. We'd have won the Natty in 86 and probably 88 also, and would have likely got close in 87. 

On 11/14/2018 at 11:30 AM, MadtownTiger said:

National Signing Day 2014:  Deshaun Watson to Auburn rather than Sean White.

This is the answer right here. 

5 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Tuberville signed LeGarrette Blount out of high school, but he didn't have the grades.  

I thought this as well. Being that I was in Eugene at the time, I searched up everything I could about him. 

Blount grew up an Auburn fan. He camped at Auburn his senior year and was extremely upset that he didn't get an offer. 

"In a bid to attract college scholarship, Blount attended camp at his dream college – Auburn University. But unfortunately, he was neither offered an athletic scholarship nor did he qualify for the school academically. With all doors to Auburn University shut, he was left with no choice but to head for junior college at East Mississippi Community College, Scooba, Mississippi."

https://heightline.com/legarrette-blount-wife-net-worth-bio/

HOWEVER, I saw first hand that he was a head case. He couldn't stay out of trouble. He REALLY liked the Mary Jane, he had a tendency to skip mandatory workouts and practices, and was both unofficially and officially suspended during his Jr  season. Then he straight up punched a Boise State player after BSU upset the Ducks week 1 of his Sr season. 

I loved me some LeGarrette Blount especially living in Eugene and going to multiple games both years he was there... And dude could play... But he couldn't keep his head on straight. He wouldn't of lasted here either.

giphy__2_.gif

Easy.  2013 Thorpe award winner Darqueze Denard.  Instead of going to Michigan State, he comes to AU.  Helps solidify the team's biggest defensive weakness and we likely win the national title.

4 hours ago, tigerrules said:

If the goal was to fix this current team....it would have to be Michael Vick or cam newton.  Cam was kinda of mess coming out of high school, but I would like to think he would not have had those problems at auburn. Qb is the only single player that could make a difference. Offensive line would need 2,3 or 4 to make a difference now.  

These picks are based on when they were in school.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Easy.  2013 Thorpe award winner Darqueze Denard.  Instead of going to Michigan State, he comes to AU.  Helps solidify the team's biggest defensive weakness and we likely win the national title.

I like it. Was dennard high on us in high school or are you just picking the best DB from 2013?

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I like it. Was dennard high on us in high school or are you just picking the best DB from 2013?

Just taking the best DB out there.  I watch a lot of Michigan State too (married into a Spartan family) and Denard was a beast.  Shut down 1/3 of the field.

Reasoning is that OP said nothing of us recruiting a player.  Just if we could magically flip someone to AU.

Any of:

Todd Gurley

Stephon Diggs

Rashaan Evans

Lattimore

Mckenzie Alexander 

Deshaun Watson

Lamar Jackson 

Martez Ivey 

Jonathon Taylor

Quinnen Williams 

Tua Tagdkchkdbdhdjbd

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Any of:

Todd Gurley

Stephon Diggs

Rashaan Evans

Lattimore

Mckenzie Alexander 

Deshaun Watson

Lamar Jackson 

Martez Ivey 

Jonathon Taylor

Quinnen Williams 

Tua Tagdkchkdbdhdjbd

Darren Macfadden

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Darren Macfadden

I like this one. Not because he would have made us that much better, but because Arkansas doesn't beat us in 2006 and maybe we're playing for something. 

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Darren Macfadden

I thought about him too.  If he's at AU, we likely win the 2006 Arkansas game and play for an SEC and national title.  Would have made a huge swing.

ETA:  McLoofus beat me to it.

Always loved watching Barry Sanders run, and it would have been cool if we had Heisman winning Bo leave in 86 just to have Heisman winning Barry till 89.

Russell Wilson would have been awesome

Cam Newton as a Freshman

Imagine Matt Leinart replacing Jason Campbell on that special team

Any monster/tall corner that could have smacked down Kelvin Benjamin's catch...

Jeremy Johnson commits to Ole Miss instead of AU. 

That would lock us in for Watson for the post Nick Marshall era I think. Gus buying and also selling the JJ6 hype really screwed us IMO. 

I would like to think we are in Clemson's place if all this happens but I don't think that would be the case due to the disparity between the coaching staffs at both programs. But man our 2014-2016 would've been a hell of a lot more fun. 

Jarrett Stidham goes to TAMU.

Auburn is forced to move on from Gus after 2017 is mediocre with an underdeveloped Malik Willis.

We have someone like Jimbo Fisher, love him or hate him, as HC and we don't even think about a universe where a HC is botching a kid's redshirt status or have our entire group of money people embarrassing the school.

Ok sorry leaving the coach stuff alone now

With Gus's offense. Thinking Tommy Frazier.

Or myself as a kicker... then I would be student loan free. Actually I think that one right there is probably the biggest mistake Auburn ever made.

Thinking about how Lamar Jackson very easily could have come here seriously hurts. It hurts.

He would have made Cam's numbers look modest. He rushed for 4000 yards and threw for 69 touchdowns at LOUISVILLE. We had O-line, receiver, and RB talent from 15-17. Just needed a QB.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:49 AM, fredst said:

I would have to add the Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson. The real Bo was awesome and I love that I was at AU during his playing days. But....Tecmo Bo was unstoppable, we would not have lost a game with him and would have won 4 national championships. 

It is the 27th anniversary of Tecmo Super Bowl today.  While Bo was great at Auburn, if we had Tecmo Bo on any team, we are National Champions!!!!!   War Eagle!!

Archived