If you could have one Non-Auburn player...

AUght2win

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It is the 27th anniversary of Tecmo Super Bowl today.  While Bo was great at Auburn, if we had Tecmo Bo on any team, we are National Champions!!!!!   War Eagle!!

You guys keep talking about Bo on Tecmo Bowl. Yes he was amazing, but Christian Okoye was just as good as Bo on that game. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You guys keep talking about Bo on Tecmo Bowl. Yes he was amazing, but Christian Okoye was just as good as Bo on that game. 

Well, you are on an Auburn Board!!     I am sure if there is an Azusa Pacific University Board they talk up the Nigerian Nightmare on Tecmo Bowl more than Bo.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Well, you are on an Auburn Board!!     I am sure if there is an Azusa Pacific University Board they talk up the Nigerian Nightmare on Tecmo Bowl more than Bo.

Well, I guess... But we are talking about a video game from the 80s, but sure. 

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Brother don't be that guy. Tecmo Bo is the most famous sports video game character of all-time. No if, ands, or buts.

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Brother don't be that guy. Tecmo Bo is the most famous sports video game character of all-time. No if, ands, or buts.

He is. But if we are being real, Okoye was just as good as Bo on that game. 

Bo was a little bit faster, but you could straight up stand still and not move with Okoye and have defenders bouncing off him left and right. 

Christian McCaffrey.

Alex Kozan was high school teammates with McCaffrey. I read an interview he did where he said he tried to get Gus and the coaches to recruit McCaffrey, but Gus and co. dismissed it because, "he's from Colorado, they don't really have any speed out there." In the same article, they mention that the running back needs in the 2014 recruiting class were covered with Roc Thomas and Kam Pettway...sigh.

Obviously, in reality, even if Auburn wasn't stupid and recruited him, the chances of him choosing Auburn over Stanford were slim considering he's a Stanford legacy...but I would have loved to see him at Auburn. He's tearing it up in the NFL.

2 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

Christian McCaffrey.

Alex Kozan was high school teammates with McCaffrey. I read an interview he did where he said he tried to get Gus and the coaches to recruit McCaffrey, but Gus and co. dismissed it because, "he's from Colorado, they don't really have any speed out there." In the same article, they mention that the running back needs in the 2014 recruiting class were covered with Roc Thomas and Kam Pettway...sigh.

Obviously, in reality, even if Auburn wasn't stupid and recruited him, the chances of him choosing Auburn over Stanford were slim considering he's a Stanford legacy...but I would have loved to see him at Auburn. He's tearing it up in the NFL.

Sweet. So our coach felt like a Heisman winner and a runner up each were not good enough to play for him. But boy lemme tell you about this one kid he saw out in Mississippi one day named John Franklin III......

2 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

Christian McCaffrey.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Sweet. So our coach felt like a Heisman winner and a runner up each were not good enough to play for him. But boy lemme tell you about this one kid he saw out in Mississippi one day named John Franklin III......

To be fair, Vandy was his only SEC offer. Roc Thomas, by any other measure at the time, was a better get. 

Idiotic quote from Gus if true, though. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

To be fair, Vandy was his only SEC offer. Roc Thomas, by any other measure at the time, was a better get. 

Idiotic quote from Gus if true, though. 

I totally get it. No way CMC comes to AU anyway. But dismissing a kid because of where he's from is about as stupid as dismissing the idea of attacking the entire portion of the field offensively. That's really my point of contention.

23 hours ago, Tiger said:

I totally get it. No way CMC comes to AU anyway. But dismissing a kid because of where he's from is about as stupid as dismissing the idea of attacking the entire portion of the field offensively. That's really my point of contention.

This struck me funny.  (Cuz it's true) Nice!

.... anyway, carry on.

Archived