RB Dominos

ellitor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

expect we don't have all our eggs in just one small basket.....hope not anyway... 

Porter/Horton doesn't. Gus does or did.

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

Im not too worried  Gus said the future looks bright. 

And everything that goes with that!

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Problem with some of the out of state guys who don't take the instate school is that we end up competing with national schools...Penn State, Michigan, Texas, etc which might have some appeal for kids thinking to get away from home and play for a good program.  

Wondering what our fall back position is ….expect we don't have all our eggs in just one small basket.....hope not anyway... 

That's a really good point. 

Ben Tate came from Maryland. (Eddie Gran, please come back.)
Mike Dyer came from Arkansas, which almost didn't even count as out of state for us for several years.
Tre and Shivers came from South Florida, but those guys were both under-recruited because of their size.

Other than that, it's almost all AL, GA or under-recruited JUCO guys (CAP). 

Ellitor

Nobody mentioning the Witherspoon kid in north Alabama who has all the yards and TDs.....see that bama is gonna take a look at him this weekend but despite all the stats, have not seen him mentioned much and apparently no big school offers....:dunno:

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Ellitor

Nobody mentioning the Witherspoon kid in north Alabama who has all the yards and TDs.....see that bama is gonna take a look at him this weekend but despite all the stats, have not seen him mentioned much and apparently no big school offers....:dunno:

Probably because he weight 185 lbs or so.. It is becoming more and more evident that this league requires about 210+ at the running back position.

4 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Probably because he weight 185 lbs or so.. It is becoming more and more evident that this league requires about 210+ at the running back position.

Don't take this wrong and please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't asa Martin listed at like 185-190 pounds his Sr year

The irony is just a few years ago we struggled to recruit WRs because of our passing game, or lack thereof. Now we’re loaded at WR, but after putting several RBs in the league, and 9 straight years of 1000 yard rushers, we have to wait for other schools to fill their needs to see who we have left to choose from. 

29 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Guess it depends on his build.....Any good SEC school can put 10 or 15 pounds of muscle on most guys in about a year.....Not sure about his speed or other attributes but seems that once he is in the open he is "gone" ...considering is rushing average. 

But yes......we seem to have some undersized guys like Kam, Barrett and others who end up being special purpose RBs. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Ellitor

IDK. I only follow what recruiting writers report.

42 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Doubt it. If a kid is talented but not getting offers it's more likely a kid has been hurt or has grade issues.

37 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess it depends on his build.....Any good SEC school can put 10 or 15 pounds of muscle on most guys in about a year.....Not sure about his speed or other attributes but seems that once he is in the open he is "gone" ...considering is rushing average. 

But yes......we seem to have some undersized guys like Kam, Barrett and others who end up being special purpose RBs. 

Yeah. I would normally argue against that 185 thing, but we might be a little gun shy ATM on guys who aren't already closer to that big build.

As for the 210 thing, no, this league doesn't require it. 

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doubt it. If a kid is talented but not getting offers it's more likely a kid has been hurt or has grade issues.

Been a DB until this year I hear ….but I'm thinking grade issue perhaps 'cause his stats are off the charts but maybe some schools are just late picking up on him though al.com indicated today that bama is showing some possible interest. :dunno:  who knows.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/11/will-alabama-offer-record-setting-north-jackson-rb.html#incart_river_index

32 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Been a DB until this year I hear ….but I'm thinking grade issue perhaps 'cause his stats are off the charts but maybe some schools are just late picking up on him though al.com indicated today that bama is showing some possible interest. :dunno:  who knows.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/11/will-alabama-offer-record-setting-north-jackson-rb.html#incart_river_index

Goodnesss gracious...  Those are some gaudy stats!!

52 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Goodnesss gracious...  Those are some gaudy stats!!

He's in the Alabama-Misissippi All Star game in a few weeks as a RB so he will get a chance to prove himself.

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because they develop & use their RBs better than we do.

Overall yes. In fact Bama went more national & regional the past couple classes before this one because they viewed in state talent weaken those years than now. They have come back to AL some this class. @020 looks to be really good FWIW.

I don't really think that is a fair claim. Maybe we didn't target the same players, and maybe we haven't developed them as well as we could, but uat has a very clear advantage in recruiting raw RB talent. They have three RBs who are legit 0.96+ guys. Two of those are 0.98+. Our highest ranked RB is Joiner, at 0.93 (which is a world of difference from a 0.98 guy) and he was never scheduled to be a marquee RB from everything that I read.

39 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I don't really think that is a fair claim.

It's fair. It's factual  & how the original discussion was started.

41 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

uat has a very clear advantage in recruiting raw RB talent. They have three RBs who are legit 0.96+ guys. Two of those are 0.98+.

The time period of the discussion was not just including current players. It went back 5 years to 2014. But only talking current players then what you said is valid.

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

0.93 (which is a world of difference from a 0.98 guy)

It can be but it is not a given. There have been countless .93 or lower rated guys turn out better than .98 guys. On Bama's roster alone Josh Jacobs, a .87 is better than Ronnie Clark, a .96.

I don't really think that is a fair claim. Maybe we didn't target the same players, and maybe we haven't developed them as well as we could, but uat has a very clear advantage in recruiting raw RB talent. They have three RBs who are legit 0.96+ guys. Two of those are 0.98+. Our highest ranked RB is Joiner, at 0.93 (which is a world of difference from a 0.98 guy) and he was never scheduled to be a marquee RB from everything that I read.

Sorta agree but AU has put a running back into the NFL just about every year recently....similar to bama so hard so say we are not developing them. JMO but we don't start with as many or as much talent but otherwise we seem to get some pretty good results from them.   As I mentioned earlier, this is our worst year in a while and wondering if Asa , who everyone was after, is gonna make it ….which might be on his shoulders and not the coaches. 

this AND they develop their backs!

I am tired of Gus's doghouse crap.   If he was consistently competitive with his rivals, then he could have a heavy hand and I would listen.     This thread is embarrassing as Auburn fan.   No offense to you E,  I am talking about Auburn never in a position of strength here.  

With all the top RB's going fast to other teams, Malzahn and Horton will have to wait and settle for some 2 or 3 star back who may end up riding the bench cause he's hurt most of the time.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

On Bama's roster alone Josh Jacobs, a .87 is better than Ronnie Clark, a .96.

Josh Jacobs was a gem found in the rough. Ronnie Clark was recruited to be a safety. He’s been a TE/H back/ safety/ and RB there now. 

On 11/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, gr82b4au said:

Feels like I am in lala land. We can't get good RBs to go to AU. Crazy stuff. Almost like "anywhere but AU". The negative recruiting against us must be very bad right now. 

Turn on a TV every Saturday....that should be enough. 

On 11/15/2018 at 1:12 PM, 80Tiger said:

Darien Meads from hokes bluff will be a diamond in the ruff next year. My little cousin is a senior WR for them now. Hoping he gets himself an offer from a Jacksonville St

7 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Darien Meads from hokes bluff will be a diamond in the ruff next year. My little cousin is a senior WR for them now. Hoping he gets himself an offer from a Jacksonville St

I have gone to several Hokes Bluff games. What number is your cousin?

Right now tbe thought is Meads to Jacksonville State. 

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I have gone to several Hokes Bluff games. What number is your cousin?

Right now tbe thought is Meads to Jacksonville State. 

Braden Hill #10

Archived