women’s golf signs No. 1 player in Florida

augolf1716

This is a big deal.......... I can you Florida is loaded with great high school female golfers. The state tournaments are held at Howey-In-The-Hills every year which is about 30 minutes from my home so I've seen a lot of high school golf played there both male and female. She is also ranked #32 in world rankings  

AUBURN, Ala. – The future is bright for the Auburn women's golf program as Megan Schofill signed her National Letter of Intent with the Tigers on Wednesday.

Schofill, the lone signee in this class, is ranked No. 10 overall in the class of 2019 per Junior Golf Scoreboard. She's also the top-ranked player in the state of Florida according to both Junior Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek. The Sunshine State native is expected to enroll at Auburn for the 2019 fall semester.  

"Megan is an extremely strong ball striker and a highly accomplished player," Auburn head coach Melissa Luellensaid. "She has a very strong competitive nature which will fit into our team perfectly. She attended our golf camp three years ago and fell in love with Auburn. She has improved a lot in the last year and was recently named First-Team AJGA (American Junior Golf Association). I believe Megan will have a great college career at Auburn as well as professionally once she graduates."

Auburn, who moved up to No. 11 in the Golfstat team rankings this week, closed out the fall season with a dominant performance at the Battle at the Beach where they won the event by 17 strokes. 

The spring season begins in February with the Lake Oconee Collegiate Championship and the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate. The Tigers will also host the Evans Derby Experience for the second straight year from March 23-25 at the Auburn University Club.

Here's more information on Auburn's new signee. 

Name: Megan Schofill
Hometown: Monticello, Florida
High School: Aucilla Christian Academy
Home Course: Glen Arven Country Club

Highlights: AJGA Rolex First-Team All-American ... Has won 12 tournament titles in her junior career, including three AJGA victories ... Champion of the 2018 AJGA Rome Junior Classic where she shot a career-low round of 66 ... Two-time champion of the AJGA E-Z-GO Vaughn Taylor Championship ... Qualified for the 2018 USGA Women's Amateur Championship ... Finished in third place at the 2017 FSGA Girls Championship ... Three-time Big Bend Player of the Year (2016-18) ... Plans to major in communications at Auburn.

• WarTiger changed the title to women’s golf signs No. 1 player in Florida
  • 2 weeks later...

Golf is gaining massive momentum. We have a great program right now. 

5 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Golf is gaining massive momentum. We have a great program right now. 

I know especially Mens team I met Nick while he was at UCF. Women will get better with this type of recruiting

Archived