Men vs. Mississippi College - game thread

WarTiger

Glad to get the big win in the end. The 11 point lead early in the 2nd half was concerning but it seemed like we could pretty much decide when to let them score and when not too. They got hot and we increased D pressure and they stopped being hot. So that was real good to see. We are going to need that lock down D at times when are shots are not failing like early in this game. I’m really curious to see what our D looks like in Maui. If we are to be a deep tourney run contender we need that shut down D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was not able to be here and post.  Just some thoughts.  I thought it was pretty easy to see AU was looking ahead.  But Horace Spencer inspired them tonight.  It was good to see him take center stage.  He is always hustling, giving his all.  He like Mc, has some great leaping ability and is a great shot blocker and rebounder.   But they play like this against the top talent and it will be a loss, but i do not expect that.  Hard to take what we saw from Ms college seriously.  They had a couple of guys and that was about it.

10 minutes ago, lost said:

I was not able to be here and post.  Just some thoughts.  I thought it was pretty easy to see AU was looking ahead.  But Horace Spencer inspired them tonight.  It was good to see him take center stage.  He is always hustling, giving his all.  He like Mc, has some great leaping ability and is a great shot blocker and rebounder.   But they play like this against the top talent and it will be a loss, but i do not expect that.  Hard to take what we saw from Ms college seriously.  They had a couple of guys and that was about it.

miss college outhustled us for 22 minutes and during that time, they moved, and shot the ball well....well coached little group that should not been within 11 points with 18 minutes to play not matter who we did or didn't practice for....lol, when we did wake up, whoop....i think it was a 45-0 run....i am really looking forward to this tourney....just hard to grasp that we are in the talking points as being in the elite of college basketball....i knew pearl would get it done, and it did take longer than i thought it would, but he needs to be rewarded for this monumental job so that he can be the AU basketball coach until he decided to ride off into the glare of the backboard.....this man is a fantastic coach and ambassador for AU basketball....now,  nah, i won't even go there

had to go look it up ... hard to believe we had a 50-5 run in the second half that included a 35-0 run.  I cant recall ever hearing Auburn do anything like that.  Largest margin of victory since 2000 I think I saw somewhere.  I know its a DII team, but still ...

I finally just got to watch the game. Not sure if it's been pointed out yet but AU ended the game on a 51-5 run with schollied players on the floor. That's crazy!

13 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I guess I missed one

I did too. The run with the schollied players on the court was 51-5, not 52.

Archived