Secondary school

DAG

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nah, man. I don't "pull for" the Irish but I have some alumni as friends and I really respect their whole thing. And that campus is really cool. 

Best thing about ND is reading the posts on Irish Envy after they lose. The second best thing is them losing.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Best thing about ND is reading the posts on Irish Envy after they lose. The second best thing is them losing.

I never understood the media love for ND. Every year, they are ranked in the preseason top ten it seems. Although this year it seems to be justified. I still think they should have to be in a conference tbh.

Just now, DAG said:

I never understood the media love for ND. Every year, they are ranked in the preseason top ten it seems. Although this year it seems to be justified. I still think they should have to be in a conference tbh.

They've remained independent to keep their power to create their own football schedule and to keep more of the money they make from those games.  Face it, everyone wants to play them.  If they were to go on a decade-long dry spell, they'd be forced to join the ACC or other conference for real.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I am going to get killed for this but Notre Dame is my second school. Of course if they ever played against each other I would want Auburn to win 35-0... but alas - they will never play each other anyway. I was hoping AU would make it to the CFP so we could see it this year. Hahahaha what was I thinking. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nah, man. I don't "pull for" the Irish but I have some alumni as friends and I really respect their whole thing. And that campus is really cool. 

31 minutes ago, Glen from West Glenn Ave said:

Naval Academy

I've posted before... I grew up hating ND.  However, as I've gotten older and the world around me is getting more unrecognizable to me and "tradition" is almost a bad word now, I've grown a bit of an affinity for them.  Not like I'm a fan, but I enjoy their home games especially and would LOVE to attend a game there some day.

To Glen's post, and any other Service Academy post, I do enjoy watching all 3 of them play.  The Army-Navy game is must-see TV EVERY year.  It just ain't the Christmas season without it 😁.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My sis-in-law is a Pirate, but I hadn't heard No Quarter! before. I like that. 

We also have a hand gesture - use the index finger to make a hook. It's goofy.

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

We also have a hand gesture - use the index finger to make a hook. It's goofy.

You're trying to trick me into googling "East Carolina finger hook", aren't you? NOT TODAY, MY FRIEND.

I might ask the boys down on the docks later, though. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

You're trying to trick me into googling "East Carolina finger hook", aren't you? NOT TODAY, MY FRIEND.

I might ask the boys down on the docks later, though. 

It's certainly dangerous to do it in traffic. 

East Carolina finger hook sounds like some sort of bird. Or parasite. Or bird parasite.

Northwestern, because they never seem to get any respect until you have to play them. Usually can count on sound fundamental football from them. South Carolina as well because of the dedication of their fan base for a team that has basically never won anything, also the quantity of beautiful women in that state is far underrated. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Northwestern, because they never seem to get any respect until you have to play them. Usually can count on sound fundamental football from them. South Carolina as well because of the dedication of their fan base for a team that has basically never won anything, also the quantity of beautiful women in that state is far underrated. 

Been watching Northwestern this season.  Solid fundamentals.  Always in it to win it until the horn blows.

My better half went to the University of Oregon for undergrad and UT for grad school.  So I am honorary Duck (and Vol).  It sure made 2010 interesting, but an absolute delight (for me).

Love the Ducks, and I really hope they can get back up to the top of the Pac12.

Clemson. Grew up going to nearly every game there until I was 18.

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It used to be Oregon

Start following UCLA.  There's a new sheriff in town and, damn, he's got his work cut out for him. 

11 hours ago, AURealist said:

Start following UCLA.  There's a new sheriff in town and, damn, he's got his work cut out for him. 

I need to see Kelly show a promise behind recruiting. He just let talent come as it did at UO, and I haven’t heard anything of note about their roster aside from a guy called DTR (I think their QB?) 

pac 12 is so awful I think he could be a power soon though 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I need to see Kelly show a promise behind recruiting. He just let talent come as it did at UO, and I haven’t heard anything of note about their roster aside from a guy called DTR (I think their QB?) 

pac 12 is so awful I think he could be a power soon though 

It's been a tough season so far, but he did hang on to win a tough one against USC tonight.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:00 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Great thread. I don’t have a team as much as a conference. I really enjoy watching PAC12 games. They have great athletes, have very few plays reviewed, use less timeouts, and just play faster. SEC games are way too slow with way too many interruptions. Also, the announcers  don’t talk about Bama all day. Plus the cheerleaders are much above average. 😂

I would say PAC 12 cheerleaders easily rival the SEC in the looks department. 

On 11/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, Auctoritas said:

Other than that - pull for the underdog (particularly the perinneal ones like Vandy or Northwestern) or anyone playing --

The bolded portion might actually be a Freudian slip in print. Look up "perineal." 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:57 AM, DAG said:

They're a Blue Blood, along with Michigan, Bama, Southern Cal, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Nebraska. It just is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Scribe Tiger said:

The bolded portion might actually be a Freudian slip in print. Look up "perineal." 

Actually my phone autocorrected  to perineal about 3 times before I apparently gave up. 

University of Texas because I almost went here, liked them as a kid (was in a neighborhood that had lot of OU/Nebraska fans and alum), my father also a AU alum taught me that the good wear orange and sons of bitches wear some version of red and white, GF is a alum, and it is looking like I will be doing a second masters from here.

I also like Oklahoma State cause my sister is a alum and see the orange vs red/white rule.

15 hours ago, Scribe Tiger said:

What you meant was "perennial." The other word, "perineal" is a lot funnier. 

Maybe the phone was sending a message.

Archived