The High Cost of Holding Onto Gus

aubiefifty

46 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

What are the odds that Gus and his genius offensive mind scores fewer points on Bama than the Citadel did today?

As high as the chances that Snoop Dogg and @aubiefifty gets high today!!!! lol 

snoop.gif

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:
1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

What are the odds that Gus and his genius offensive mind scores fewer points on Bama than the Citadel did today?

As high as the chances that Snoop Dogg and @aubiefifty gets high today!!!! lol 

snoop.gif

THIS!!!! MOTHER FRICKIN’ THIS!!!!!

On 11/15/2018 at 7:56 PM, aubaseball said:

Exactly.   Good post.  And I would add that it’s been my perception but I don’t see AU attacking a teams weaknesses.    Every team that plays AU knows that the DB’s don’t turn and play the ball so they continue to attack that weakness.   And if anyone has noticed, spread our defense out with 3 wide receiver sets and run outside perimeter runs.    

Auburn's lack of speed on the edge was alarming coming into the season but the fact that it wasnt solved in recruiting nor has been alleviated by the coaching staff has been really disappointing. We're SUPPOSED to keep at least one quality defensive end, and we had NONE to replace Holland, who, at least I feel, we should've expected to leave some where during that superstar season. 

1 hour ago, AUPHOTO said:

At the UT game I think I counted 9 or 12 plays ran, that was it, a high school team could pick up on the same 10 or so plays ran per game! 

Absolutely correct. UT did have to dive a little deeper into the playbook after Ehlinger was hurt cause Beauchele isn't the running threat. ISU was able to have some more success defensively then cause they were able to focus on the backs and blitz on obvious passing downs. Helps when you have a guy like Humphry that catches... well everything also. Mainly that inside zone and power O.

Unfortunately Montgomery was out a half for fighting for ISU and that left their offense inept at moving the ball for that half. Guess Campbell hasn't developed a quality back up for him. Montgomery is also on pace to go over 250 carries again this season, which I think we qualified as being run into the ground. This left him being useless in the second half due to the point differential.

Interesting to see the same issues or tendencies in other programs that we complain about there. I do know yo were talking about Tenn.

If Gus is retained hopefully he will make the right moves in regards to OC, Line, and Receivers coaching. If not, he will be gone for having the same results. The buyout will be less and the firing will be more justifiable vs looking like a sling from the hip decision. Then when can see if our power men have learned anything over the last decade in regards to hiring a football coach.

Archived