Charleston Classic (Merged)

auburntiger1987

they looked awful....NE actually missed several easy shots around the basket or it would really bad....NE was proof that coaching in college matters more than just having a talent.....they were very well coached....updykes looked like they were playing on the playground

18 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

they looked awful....NE actually missed several easy shots around the basket or it would really bad....NE was proof that coaching in college matters more than just having a talent.....they were very well coached....updykes looked like they were playing on the playground

Johnson bringing the NBA to the SEC......probably popular with the players but nice to see a well coached team play the game. 

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Johnson bringing the NBA to the SEC......probably popular with the players but nice to see a well coached team play the game. 

Exactly.  Avery Johnson is a good recruiter, but not a good coach.  At all.

His NBA resume impresses recruits - that's his only up side.

Most of Colin Sexton's teammates in Cleveland say "he doesn't know how to play".

Meanwhile watching a bit of Myrtle Beach Classic and Desean Murray playing for Western Kentucky and doing what he does best.....busting inside and getting rebounds against taller guys.   

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile watching a bit of Myrtle Beach Classic and Desean Murray playing for Western Kentucky and doing what he does best.....busting inside and getting rebounds against taller guys.   

i hate that he had to leave, loved watching him....but, he had no choice and has already been suspended at wky

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i hate that he had to leave, loved watching him....but, he had no choice and has already been suspended at wky

heard he was suspended before he even started practice.  looks like he picked up some bad habit somewhere along the way...but if he had stayed, I expect his playing time would have been greatly reduced with the lineup we have now.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Here you go with the bull

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Here you go with the bull

yep...you are the expert....sorry I did not clear my comment with you first......I keep forgetting that only your opinion has value.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

yep...you are the expert....sorry I did not clear my comment with you first......I keep forgetting that only your opinion has value.

That doesn't even work here.....you wasted it

Just now, cole256 said:

That doesn't even work here.....you wasted it

Well that was sarcasm of course.....but you greatly over-rate your understanding of the game....so if you disagree with me ….just check the thumbs down and drop the snarky comments.....

Just now, AU64 said:

Well that was sarcasm of course.....but you greatly over-rate your understanding of the game....so if you disagree with me ….just check the thumbs down and drop the snarky comments.....

The only person talking understanding of the game right now is you. Now I'm sorry if I disagree with you make you feel some type of way

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The only person talking understanding of the game right now is you. Now I'm sorry if I disagree with you make you feel some type of way

Look at your comment....the "bull" reference.   If you disagree with me or anyone else about the bama coach...,  just say so....I'm fine with that.... but denigrating my comment or anyone else's is not necessary. . 

You sometimes have some good things to say and thus, you could have just offered your comment on bama's coach and that would have been fine....I was not looking for a debate or an argument...just expressing my view of him as a college coach.  

I don't even know what that words mean. I don't know, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I figured since it's a forum that everybody understood that you may write something that somebody may trying too

As far as bull that is just how I talk. That's what I would say to a friend if he said that and then I'd talk. I could see if I said you big dummy you don't know what the hell you are talking about. From the comments exchanged you had much more venom in your statements to me than me to you. 

All the sorry you are the only person that blah blah blah, is played out. When you stated your opinion first I didn't say that to you....that's just something to do so somebody can piggy back off it so you can tag team. 

Lastly I didn't say that because of a coach, even though I don't think you guys really have any data to support your claims, I was talking about the notion of "play ground ball" and bringing NBA to college and the negative context of it. In my experience it's something that is usually said to down a kid from the street. 

But honest to God I didn't think you'd take it like that, I wrote that to you because I was familiar with you sort of playing. If you had been somebody I have hardly talked to I wouldn't have said anything to you. My bad

Northeastern is actually a quality side. Good argument that they'll be in the discussion for a 12ish seed come tourney time, and they'll probably win their conference. 

But that's small consolation for Bama. I watched the game. They looked utterly lost on offense. Almost felt bad for them. Almost

the score was closer than the game....updykes never led and NE missed several easy buckets close in, layups actually....bammer looked horrible with hardly any assists....it was a clinic on how basketball was meant to be played and how bad teams play it

Yet another thread that would land in a BB Rivals sub-forum. Yes, I know Ellitor, you are supportive. I'm just pointing to topics that would be there, if it existed.

The VT score was not what I expected either. I'm not one to get all gooey over parity. Instead, I think a lot of teams need a bit of time to gel.

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lastly I didn't say that because of a coach, even though I don't think you guys really have any data to support your claims, I was talking about the notion of "play ground ball" and bringing NBA to college and the negative context of it. In my experience it's something that is usually said to down a kid from the street. 

OK..that's fine but my comment was aimed at a team and coach that seem to play free lance or one on one basketball with no offensive concept.  ...which is how I see the NBA in my brief observations of the game. It was an opinion....and mostly you are dealing with adults on this site and it's not difficult to just offer the contrary view without any snark attached.  Just sayin' . 

As for "street ball"....shoot I played street ball as a kid...well not in the street but in an old abandoned HS gym but it was the same thing.....just a bunch of guys running up and down the floor where whoever got the ball over mid court was gonna take a shot.....well maybe one pass if the guy was double-teamed. . 

Things may change but in my view, Johnson is underutilizing some pretty good talent. 

When you say snark what are you meaning? And I hear you and I'll think about that. You could also look at how you talk as well. Like you said we are adults you don't have to fly off the handle and start downing me just because I don't agree with you either. 

50 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

the score was closer than the game....updykes never led and NE missed several easy buckets close in, layups actually....bammer looked horrible with hardly any assists....it was a clinic on how basketball was meant to be played and how bad teams play it

Bama so far under Avery Johnson reminds me of us in football under Gus. Good talent. Bad coaching. Average Teams.

Archived