Null



auburntiger1987

Charleston Classic (Merged)

Recommended Posts

I hope they get blasted on December 9th (among others). I am taking my wife (Arizona grad) over to Tuscalooser to watch Arizona play the turds. Can't decide if I will wear Auburn gear or Arizona gear. Not crazy about going over there but, we don't get many chances to see the Wildcats in person. We were in Tucson in February 2014 and looked at getting tickets to the Oregon State game. Nose-bleed seats were $200/ea.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




39 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

I hope they get blasted on December 9th (among others). I am taking my wife (Arizona grad) over to Tuscalooser to watch Arizona play the turds. Can't decide if I will wear Auburn gear or Arizona gear. Not crazy about going over there but, we don't get many chances to see the Wildcats in person. We were in Tucson in February 2014 and looked at getting tickets to the Oregon State game. Nose-bleed seats were $200/ea.

Wear a Arizona hat and a AU jersey. Problem solved.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

OK..that's fine but my comment was aimed at a team and coach that seem to play free lance or one on one basketball with no offensive concept.  ...which is how I see the NBA in my brief observations of the game. It was an opinion....and mostly you are dealing with adults on this site and it's not difficult to just offer the contrary view without any snark attached.  Just sayin' . 

As for "street ball"....shoot I played street ball as a kid...well not in the street but in an old abandoned HS gym but it was the same thing.....just a bunch of guys running up and down the floor where whoever got the ball over mid court was gonna take a shot.....well maybe one pass if the guy was double-teamed. . 

Things may change but in my view, Johnson is underutilizing some pretty good talent. 

So basically you are saying you know next to nothing about the NBA game, but you correlated bama's offense to it.  Basically a very uninformed opinion one could say.  If you were to watch it, you would see how offenses in the NBA utilize their talent at a very high level within a system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Wear a Arizona hat and a AU jersey. Problem solved.  

And fast shoes...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Avery's fourth year. IF he misses the tourney and fails miserably in the re-surging SEC, then I could see him getting canned. The SEC is just getting so much better and Bama is not only falling way behind AU but also the likes of LSU, Vandy, Miss St, and Tennessee. Throw in that UGA and Mississippi both just hired new good coaches, and Bama is looking at being in the bottom tier of the conference for awhile. Avery's had one good recruiting class and the rest of his players are pretty damn average. They could be even worse next year imo 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

This is Avery's fourth year. IF he misses the tourney and fails miserably in the re-surging SEC, then I could see him getting canned. The SEC is just getting so much better and Bama is not only falling way behind AU but also the likes of LSU, Vandy, Miss St, and Tennessee. Throw in that UGA and Mississippi both just hired new good coaches, and Bama is looking at being in the bottom tier of the conference for awhile. Avery's had one good recruiting class and the rest of his players are pretty damn average. They could be even worse next year imo 

Nothing makes me quite as happy as seeing a UAT team become an abject failure. May they finish dead last!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

So basically you are saying you know next to nothing about the NBA game, but you correlated bama's offense to it.  Basically a very uninformed opinion one could say.  If you were to watch it, you would see how offenses in the NBA utilize their talent at a very high level within a system.

I watch enough to know what I see........and what I read.   NBA utilizes their talent?.....  probably so...but generally it's not a team game ....it's feed the ball to the designated shooter in most cases     If you don't have the big scorer, there generally are problems and if you happen to have more than one scorer....generally there are problems about who gets to take the shots....and that's what I been seeing from AJ at bama.         AJ is a far cry from the style BP coaches...JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Looks like bammer still has problems scoring

Sounds like personal problems & I can see the ladies not liking the mullets.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MDM4AU said:

I hope they get blasted on December 9th (among others). I am taking my wife (Arizona grad) over to Tuscalooser to watch Arizona play the turds. Can't decide if I will wear Auburn gear or Arizona gear. Not crazy about going over there but, we don't get many chances to see the Wildcats in person. We were in Tucson in February 2014 and looked at getting tickets to the Oregon State game. Nose-bleed seats were $200/ea.

We have a real shot at playing Arizona this coming Wednesday as well. In fact, if we beat Xavier & lose to Duke Zona is who I hope we get in the 3rd place game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I watch enough to know what I see........and what I read.   NBA utilizes their talent?.....  probably so...but generally it's not a team game ....it's feed the ball to the designated shooter in most cases     If you don't have the big scorer, there generally are problems and if you happen to have more than one scorer....generally there are problems about who gets to take the shots....and that's what I been seeing from AJ at bama.         AJ is a far cry from the style BP coaches...JMO

I have only watched the Bucks and they run an offense when not in transition as well as the teams they have played.  Most of their offenses are similar to what Auburn runs and that is what makes Bruce's style so appealing.  I only have watched Auburn play Alabama, so really have no opinion on how he runs his team.  I just think there are more team oriented offenses in the NBA now than in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the NE team is getting wrecked by va, tech. right now.....up by 20 and makes me wonder about bama and particularly their coach......AJ might not be as good as i thought by comparing how both teams defensed NE.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I have only watched the Bucks and they run an offense when not in transition as well as the teams they have played.  Most of their offenses are similar to what Auburn runs and that is what makes Bruce's style so appealing.  I only have watched Auburn play Alabama, so really have no opinion on how he runs his team.  I just think there are more team oriented offenses in the NBA now than in the past.

Could be....my observations of the NBA is that it is a different game....not putting a value judgement on it...just noting that it is different and not sure what's I've seen in the NBA or at bama is well suited for college ball or college players ….unless you happen to be Duke …:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a mis-conception that the NBA doesn't run offenses. The difference is the quality of the players. When a Seth Curry can pull up from 5-10 feet behind the three point line and hit his shot it stretches defenses and makes pick and rolls even more difficult to defend. The stretching of the floor is what makes it appear like they are playing one on one.

Watch a player start on one side of the floor and run past a double screen to get a clear shot that is a well oiled offense just different because of the talent level. Also in the NBA much like in the Pearl Offense they get rebounds out fast and start running fast before the D can get setup that also leads to one on one situations in the open floor which is what any offense would like to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the extra for the college game is compensation for lack of talent. It's like how slow break ball is made for older people to keep on playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

All the extra for the college game is compensation for lack of talent. It's like how slow break ball is made for older people to keep on playing

Are you talking about me Cole. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Are you talking about me Cole. LOL

Nah just talking general lol. I remember when I was at Auburn the older men would come in and play in the mornings. One day I was in the area and I figured I'd go to the ACT early because I wasn't going to go back to the apartment and then come all the way back. But anyway I played with them and I'd try to play at like 50% or whatever....But man you talking about the hardest fouls 😂

I grew up in Florence, AL and I stayed right by the University of North Alabama. I literally started sneaking in the gym and playing against students and eventually guys on the team when I was around 11-12 years old. I felt many fouls by guys older and bigger than me. NOTHING like a slow break old man foul though!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cole256 said:

NOTHING like a slow break old man foul though!

Back in the day, I played intra-mural at AU and the football players had a team or two that were in our league.....they knew how to commit a foul too and you swallowed hard when you decided to take a charge on one of their fast breaks. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cole256 said:

But man you talking about the hardest fouls 😂 . 

I grew up in Florence, AL and I stayed right by the University of North Alabama. I literally started sneaking in the gym and playing against students and eventually guys on the team when I was around 11-12 years old. I felt many fouls by guys older and bigger than me. NOTHING like a slow break old man foul though!

Haha, church league basketball gets pretty rough down low as well. I remember a guy trying to block a shot of mine in the paint one time. He missed the ball but walloped me pretty good on the face.  I felt it the next morning lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Back in the day, I played intra-mural at AU and the football players had a team or two that were in our league.....they knew how to commit a foul too and you swallowed hard when you decided to take a charge on one of their fast breaks. :)

I played against the football players my freshman year, but after battling them that intramural and summer league they recruited me on their team lol. I played with quite a few of them. Very fun times

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bama is nowhere near run like a NBA team in its offensive sets. Bama has athletes not skilled scorers. The NBA has both. Some guys possess both. At least the ones starting. Bamas problem is scoring the basketball. The NBA nowadays is gravitating back towards the 80's when it was played at a breakneck speed and a lot of scores nightly were in the 120's or 110's. It is all about the fastbreak and the 3 ball. The NBA has never been this exciting. Bama is one of the most boring teams to watch in the SEC. Let alone the country. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bama is nowhere near run like a NBA team in its offensive sets. Bama has athletes not skilled scorers. The NBA has both. Some guys possess both. At least the ones starting. Bamas problem is scoring the basketball. The NBA nowadays is gravitating back towards the 80's when it was played at a breakneck speed and a lot of scores nightly were in the 120's or 110's. It is all about the fastbreak and the 3 ball. The NBA has never been this exciting. Bama is one of the most boring teams to watch in the SEC. Let alone the country. 

Petty is one of the best high school players I've seen with my own eyes, and when I was younger I remember watching a Butler team who's ENTIRE starting five play D1 ball. But between him or a guy named Corey Hughes. Hughes developed a blood condition any had to quit playing. I've seen alot of good players through out this state but Petty is legit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Petty is one of the best high school players I've seen with my own eyes

Didn't we see him twice last year....first time he hit everything he threw up and then in a later game he could not hit anything?     He was definitely a shooter....but needed some discipline...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 1:43 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

It is a mis-conception that the NBA doesn't run offenses. The difference is the quality of the players. When a Seth Curry can pull up from 5-10 feet behind the three point line and hit his shot it stretches defenses and makes pick and rolls even more difficult to defend. The stretching of the floor is what makes it appear like they are playing one on one.

Watch a player start on one side of the floor and run past a double screen to get a clear shot that is a well oiled offense just different because of the talent level. Also in the NBA much like in the Pearl Offense they get rebounds out fast and start running fast before the D can get setup that also leads to one on one situations in the open floor which is what any offense would like to do.

Steph, too. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bama had a one-and-done who dragged them through a season last year to make Avery look good.

Now he's back to team building and coaching.

RTR, around the bowl and down the hole........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now