Serious discussion

AUGunsmith

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

Who is ready to see Kelly Bryant come in make the O look good, give us a legit champ contender year, then finish up with a contract extension for Gus. 

Any Auburn fan would like to see the Tigers be a legit contender next year. If it takes a transfer QB, that's fine it gives the others another year to mature. If the team is good enough to give Gus an extension so soon, we'll have had a fantastic year!

1 hour ago, afblue said:

I'm always ready to see Auburn look good and win.

A fellow USAF person! I spent 3&1/2 years working as a jet fighter mechanic at Tyndall AFB. Was very sad to see my old hangar flattened by Hurricane Michael and the entire base trashed. I hope they repair Tyndall and keep it going, it is a great duty station.

I’m ready for Auburn to get right at every level, and quit seeking quick fixes. From our University Pres., to the AD’s office, to our coaching staff, the cycle of inconsistency has gone on for too long. I wish KB well if he comes, but I would prefer more permanent solutions to our issues. 

Personally, I'm ready for our world-class sprinters to run under one of these bad boys...

bombtoflash.gif

He throws this from his own 30 to the opposing 20... Right in the basket... Barely makes the receiver break his stride... 

If we make those same long passes this season we're looking at a 10-2 record.

I would love to see Auburn be a legit contender next year and if Kelly Bryant is what it takes to do that, then great.  If you’ve read Stat’s thread “Finding Success in the Details” you know a QB for one season will not do much for the root problems Auburn is having.  So, a contract extention is out of the question.  I believe the Administration has learned their lesson about that. If Gus and Sexton try that again, I would hope Allen Greene says “good luck at your new school”.

11 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Who is ready to see Kelly Bryant come in make the O look good, give us a legit champ contender year, then finish up with a contract extension for Gus. 

Oh hell, why not?  Pull another band-aid quick fix QB out of the box, make a flash in the pan and then be anchored down 5 yrs down the road deeper than we are now.  Sure - Git 'Er Done Gus!

:cool:

18 minutes ago, keesler said:

Oh hell, why not?  Pull another band-aid quick fix QB out of the box, make a flash in the pan and then be anchored down 5 yrs down the road deeper than we are now.  Sure - Git 'Er Done Gus!

:cool:

So we need to go 4-8 in 2019.... correct? :) 

51 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Will he be bringing the Clemson OL with him?

to be fair i think the OL is improving compared to where they started.  next year they should be better. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m ready for Auburn to get right at every level, and quit seeking quick fixes. From our University Pres., to the AD’s office, to our coaching staff, the cycle of inconsistency has gone on for too long. I wish KB well if he comes, but I would prefer more permanent solutions to our issues. 

I think you can do both. 

22 minutes ago, alexava said:

I think you can do both. 

Agree.

I would LOVE for this program to be an incubator for coaching talent. I would LOVE to look across the CFB landscape and see former Auburn assistants succeeding at higher positions elsewhere. That's actually the recipe for most successful programs. 

I think KB would be a a huge get for us, and we would immediately be a contender just from his experience. The problem I have, is that it's a quick fix. Are we going to go looking for transfers every year? Will we ever develop a QB? That's the serious question that I want answers to. I'm sick of buying (figuratively, not literally...maybe) one good season at the expense of multiple seasons waiting on another transfer. 

34 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think KB would be a a huge get for us, and we would immediately be a contender just from his experience. The problem I have, is that it's a quick fix. Are we going to go looking for transfers every year? Will we ever develop a QB? That's the serious question that I want answers to. I'm sick of buying (figuratively, not literally...maybe) one good season at the expense of multiple seasons waiting on another transfer. 

I know the answer to your questions.  You do too.

Are we going to go looking for transfers every year?   Yes.

Will we ever develop a QB?  No.  (Well, not likely)

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Personally, I'm ready for our world-class sprinters to run under one of these bad boys...

bombtoflash.gif

He throws this from his own 30 to the opposing 20... Right in the basket... Barely makes the receiver break his stride... 

If we make those same long passes this season we're looking at a 10-2 record.

Why would we want Bryant? He clearly missed seeing the guy flaring out to the left for a short gain. The guy who can see that player open in the flat is the man for us. :-\

8 hours ago, DAG said:

I think having KB and a Hugh Freeze or Kendall running the show will do wonders

The Freeze thing right now is more likely than KB.

Certainly both could be very interesting, but Freeze and Bo Nix have a lot of potential too.

But we have to fix the O-Line.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

A fellow USAF person! I spent 3&1/2 years working as a jet fighter mechanic at Tyndall AFB. Was very sad to see my old hangar flattened by Hurricane Michael and the entire base trashed. I hope they repair Tyndall and keep it going, it is a great duty station.

3 & 1/2 years at Nellis, 1 year at Osan AB Korea and a year at Moody in Valdosta GA as an F-16 Crew chief. 

I actually had orders to Tyndall at one point when they were going to set up an Aggressors squadron of F-16s there. Then budget cuts took it out and my orders were canned. I was so stoked to be heading to the beach!

Archived