Bowl Game Projections [updated]

AURealist

Sources are now reporting Auburn vs Purdue in the Music City Bowl Nashville  

Thanks for playing!

Which matchup would you most like to see and would we win?

Sporting News:  vs  Purdue Music City Bowl  Nashville
SBNation:            vs TCU    Texas Bowl    Houston  

247Sports:           vs TCU     Texas Bowl    Houston 

ESPN(1):               vs  Pitt     Belk Bowl     Charlotte
ESPN(2):               vs Boston College   Music City Bowl   Nashville

CBS Sports:         vs TCU Texas Bowl Houston
NBCSports:         vs OSU Texas Bowl Houston

USA today:          vs Michigan State   Gator Bowl    Jacksonville 
SI:                          vs Northwestern    Gator Bowl   Jacksonville 

CollegeSportsMadness:  vs Wisconsin Gator Bowl JAX 

CFN :                     vs  NC State   Belk Bowl Charlotte

Athlon Sports:    vs Virginia     Belk Bowl Charlotte

The Athletic         vs TCU Texas Bowl Houston

D Ratings:            vs OSU  Texas  Houston  NC State Belk Bowl Charlotte

Bear with me.  Linux has some font irregularities.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Which would you rather see and would we win:

Vs Texas Tech in Houston

Vs Purdue in Jacksonville

Eh.... it’s been a long time since we’ve been to the Gator Bowl, and 2 of our first 4 games are in Texas next season so I would say Jacksonville. 

Purdue. I would love to see that match up. And we should be able to beat both. However, I could definitely see us dropping both games as well, sadly.

58 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Purdue for sure. I want to see the Brohm vs Malzahn game. 

Brohm will likely be at his new job by then, I believe he accepted the position at Louisville, and some interim coach would step in for the bowl game.

Purdue would be the better choice. If we beat them, then we could claim transitive property applies and we're better than Urban "Not Feeling So Good" Myer :drippingsarcasm7pa:

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Brohm will likely be at his new job by then, I believe he accepted the position at Louisville, and some interim coach would step in for the bowl game.

Purdue would be the better choice. If we beat them, then we could claim transitive property applies and we're better than Urban "Not Feeling So Good" Myer :drippingsarcasm7pa:

FWIW, Brohm claims that the Louisville job is a false rumor and apparently the guy who tweeted it is known for dubious info.  (Just Google "Brohm Louisville").  

That being said, I've been pretty high on him so I would be interested in seeing him vs Gus.

TT will probably set passing records against Auburn but at least their D might not be that great.  Could end up a shoot-out assuming the players are fired up for the game.

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

FWIW, Brohm claims that the Louisville job is a false rumor and apparently the guy who tweeted it is known for dubious info.  (Just Google "Brohm Louisville").  

That being said, I've been pretty high on him so I would be interested in seeing him vs Gus.

TT will probably set passing records against Auburn but at least their D might not be that great.  Could end up a shoot-out assuming the players are fired up for the game.

I think Kliff Kingsbury coaches circles around Bowl Game Gus

Which team would Auburn have the better chance of running against?  If Auburn can get some traction on the ground the offense will be able to score more than 24 again and both these games look more like Ole Miss than Texas A&M.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I think Kliff Kingsbury coaches circles around Bowl Game Gus

I agree. Plus, after losing their opener to Ole Miss (seems like an eon ago) TT will be fired up for another match-up with the SEC to prove their worth.  Auburn may very well be..."well, at least they're not UCF..."

Just don't feel that confident that Gus is capable of firing up the troops for "disappointing" bowl games.

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ole miss did beat TT in a high scoring shoot out fwiw. 

True. That was the first game of the year though. So much has changed between then and now.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

True. That was the first game of the year though. So much has changed between then and now.

Yeah, remember that same week we beat Washington and were on top of the world... Good times... Gooooood times

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Yeah, remember that same week we beat Washington and were on top of the world... Good times... Gooooood times

Hey, AU beat their pants off in basketball and set THEIR bus on fire.

At least Auburn owns Washington!!!

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Hey, AU beat their pants off in basketball and set THEIR bus on fire.

At least Auburn owns Washington!!!

I felt bad for Washington after our poop show started to spiral. Then they lost to Cal anyways and I realized they just weren't the team they were hyped up to be.

Our basketball team is wild this year. Wish we played a ranked opponent a little sooner than January but these guys could be a historic team for us.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I felt bad for Washington after our poop show started to spiral. Then they lost to Cal anyways and I realized they just weren't the team they were hyped up to be.

Our basketball team is wild this year. Wish we played a ranked opponent a little sooner than January but these guys could be a historic team for us.

Yeah, I even did a tongue in cheek thread in the Rivals section re: UW being "mad" at Auburn for screwing up their SOS.

Pardon the derail here as I'm no bball expert but aren't they playing a ranked opponent or 2 next week in Maui?

Houston's more than twice as far away. Might be looking at flights vs buses for the team. School might save some money going to Jacksonville. But then it looks like the Texas Bowl might pay out twice as much? Whichever one gives the players the best gift bags I guess. 

From a fan's perspective: Money/logistics no object, give me Houston. One of the best food cities in the country. Money/logistics an object, pack the jorts and take me to Jax. 

I can't really formulate opinions or emotions about the actual opponent/game. 

39 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

If it's a shoot out i'm afraid that Gus will start out using 22 long rifle, but the second half he will have switched to 22 shorts! LOL!

3 minutes ago, cctiger said:

If it's a shoot out i'm afraid that Gus will start out using 22 long rifle, but the second half he will have switched to 22 shorts! LOL!

HAHA!  Yeah, AR to pellet gun... Yep, 'bout right.

15 minutes ago, cctiger said:

iu-3.jpeg

AU v Purdue in Gator Bowl because it's only 2 hours away and it's all about me.;D

Since the loss to UT I have been hoping we could play USF in a bowl because then (if we win) we would have a winning record against EVERY team in the state of Florida and this season would not be a total letdown. Grasping at straws, I know.

Gotta say I hope Auburn pulls a very winnable match up - need a lift for the offseason. Last year losing to UCF was depressing and we had to live with the bad taste for 7 minths! Sadly I think both those teams would beat Auburn.

Archived