Bowl Game Projections [updated]

AURealist

20 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It doesn't matter if Auburn goes bowling or who they'll play. Remember that Gus is 1-4 in bowl games.

Thanks. I had totally forgotten that since it’s NEVER mentioned on these forums...🙄

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, TigerOne said:

is it better to not go to a bowl at all, or go to one and lose?

Don't pay any attention to the coaches BS about extra practices or getting the "young guys experience".

Basically a crappy bowl is for the coaches to try and salvage their poorly done job.

Go to Houston, lose, take the $3.15 million for the pot that helps to pay for an operation that has $132 million in expenses a year.

I'd prefer Jacksonville. It's not a bad drive and I have fond memories of some great AU wins in the Gator Bowl. But no matter, I'll be supporting the Auburn Tigers no matter where they play.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, TigerOne said:

is it better to not go to a bowl at all, or go to one and lose?

Don't pay any attention to the coaches BS about extra practices or getting the "young guys experience".

Basically a crappy bowl is for the coaches to try and salvage their poorly done job.

Ask the players. They get a lot out of bowl games. They get to go see and do things that they've never done before and in general have a great time. Several former players were interviewed about bowl games on the pre-game radio show yesterday. To a man they had great memories of going to bowl games. If you care about the AU players, you'll want them to have the bowl game experience.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Ask the players. They get a lot out of bowl games. They get to go see and do things that they've never done before and in general have a great time. Several former players were interviewed about bowl games on the pre-game radio show yesterday. To a man they had great memories of going to bowl games. If you care about the AU players, you'll want them to have the bowl game experience.

winning bowl game experience.

Florida State is now 5-6 and can become bowl eligible with a win at home over Florida. What about AU vs Florida State in the Gator or Georgia Tech in the Belk? Both of those would be classic matchups.

7 hours ago, all4AU said:

Florida State is now 5-6 and can become bowl eligible with a win at home over Florida. What about AU vs Florida State in the Gator or Georgia Tech in the Belk? Both of those would be classic matchups.

Que Golf in 3, 2, 1.....😂

14 hours ago, AURealist said:

winning bowl game experience.

No, a bowl game experience. One of them even said he didn't remember if they won or lost, he just remembered seeing all the different sights and spoke about how much he enjoyed doing different things.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, a bowl game experience. One of them even said he didn't remember if they won or lost, he just remembered seeing all the different sights and spoke about how much he enjoyed doing different things.

I want the Tigers to have a winning bowl experience.

35 minutes ago, AURealist said:

So does everyone associated with Auburn football.

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Texas or Gator Bowls have been in contact with AU officials. West Virginia is the other team. Things just keep getting better and better.  

Wherever we play, not excited to play anyone with a high scoring offense.  

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sounds about right for a Gus team and explains 1 - 4.  It's not the end of the world.

As it stands, Purdue is probably out for us now. 

It's shaping up to be either West Virginia or Texas Tech in Houston.  

Outside chance of vs Pitt in Nashville 

Or in Charlotte vs Virginia or NC State. 

6 hours ago, AURealist said:

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

So does everyone associated with Auburn football.

Does this include Carlton Davis?

4 hours ago, AURealist said:

As it stands, Purdue is probably out for us now. 

It's shaping up to be either West Virginia or Texas Tech in Houston.  

Outside chance of vs Pitt in Nashville 

Or in Charlotte vs Virginia or NC State. 

Where are you hearing this.  Has the Gator been eliminated by Auburn or by them ?  

21 minutes ago, AU '76 said:

Where are you hearing this.  Has the Gator been eliminated by Auburn or by them ?  

Just projections taken from multiple sites.  

The projections I listed were listed on more than one site - ESPN, Athlon, Orlando Sentinel, CBSsports, ...  

I saw one Sugar Bowl vs Oklahoma mention and one Liberty vs OSU, but no Gator.  

Whatcha thinking for a Gator Bowl matchup?

11 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Just projections taken from multiple sites.  

The projections I listed were listed on more than one site - ESPN, Athlon, Orlando Sentinel, CBSsports, ...  

I saw one Sugar Bowl vs Oklahoma mention and one Liberty vs OSU, but no Gator.  

Whatcha thinking for a Gator matchup?

Heard on the AU Basketball radio broadcast - update portion -  today that the Gator Bowl was the one most mentioned as a destination.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:13 AM, all4AU said:

God forbid

5 minutes ago, AU '76 said:

Heard on the AU Basketball radio broadcast - update portion -  today that the Gator Bowl was the one most mentioned as a destination.

Intersting.  I've been seeing the Gator Bowl as    Wisconsin vs aTm    or    Wisconsin vs USCe.

13 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Sounds about right for a Gus team and explains 1 - 4.  It's not the end of the world.

Silly! The speaker wasn't from the Gus era. He was a Pat Dye guy.

Archived