Bowl Game Projections [updated]

AURealist

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Oklahoma State.  Ohio State is tOSU.

funny thing, way after i thought of the cowboys. then was like is there some other ohio school in there somewhere. ohio southern. does that exist? surely ole mr. 40 man hasnt downgraded to us has he?? 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, beaumak said:

funny thing, way after i thought of the cowboys. then was like is there some other ohio school in there somewhere. ohio southern. does that exist? surely ole mr. 40 man hasnt downgraded to us has he?? 

😂🤣

Ohio Southern University.

Unfortunately, that might be a heck of a game!

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Could be the Birmingham bowl for the 2nd time since 2015.

We have a strong record there. Feeling good about it.

I hope we play NC State in the Belk Bowl. This is a much better deal than the Bham bowl.  I am 2.5 hours away from Charlotte and would love to play there. This would be a nice matchup that I think is very winnable. Maybe a new coach could be in place by then who knows!

Hey beak! I thought the Belk Bowl was a better bowl than the Bham bowl. Charlotte is a nice place. Bham is not terrible do not get me wrong.  I like to go to the Hurricanes NHL games here and there.  I think there is a game around the bowl game and this would be fun for the team to attend while they are there if this can be done. Anyhow, all is good in the cold mountains this frosty morning!

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn wins by 2Tds against whoever we end up playing after today’s mess.

Too bad Gus doesn't get up or his teams up for Bowl games.

Also with LSU staying in the CFP top 10 & making a 4th SEC team in a New Year's 6 or playoff Bowl that means every other team moves up a spot. There will be no SEC team in the last tier SEC Bowls which are B'Ham & Independence.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Too bad Gus doesn't get up or his teams up for Bowl games.

Also with LSU staying in the CFP top 10 & making a 4th SEC team in a New Year's 6 or playoff Bowl that means every other team moves up a spot. There will be no SEC team in the last tier SEC Bowls which are B'Ham & Independence.

So you’re saying Wisconsin 🤮.  Let’s hang 50 on Michigan instead 😁

On 11/27/2018 at 2:51 PM, doc4aday said:

I hope we play NC State in the Belk Bowl. This is a much better deal than the Bham bowl.  I am 2.5 hours away from Charlotte and would love to play there. This would be a nice matchup that I think is very winnable. Maybe a new coach could be in place by then who knows!

Hey beak! I thought the Belk Bowl was a better bowl than the Bham bowl. Charlotte is a nice place. Bham is not terrible do not get me wrong.  I like to go to the Hurricanes NHL games here and there.  I think there is a game around the bowl game and this would be fun for the team to attend while they are there if this can be done. Anyhow, all is good in the cold mountains this frosty morning!

I would absolutely love to see them in the Belk Bowl. I went when GA played here, lots of fum!!

Looks like it’s between TCU in the Texas Bowl and either NC State or Virginia in the Belk.  Charlotte probably would have more Auburn fans within driving distance than the Texas game Is imagine.

6 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Wherever we play I just hope we have a good week of practice before the game. Nothing better than getting a good week of practice.

No doubt.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:54 AM, tbone4jc said:

I would absolutely love to see them in the Belk Bowl. I went when GA played here, lots of fum!!

Yes!  I finally get to post this gif...

giphy.gif

On 11/27/2018 at 7:57 PM, Win4AU said:

So you’re saying Wisconsin 🤮.  Let’s hang 50 on Michigan instead 😁

I dont even know if we could hang 5 on them with Harbs officially coaching for his job from the bowl game to the next years OSU game 

On 11/29/2018 at 7:36 AM, AURealist said:

One Update - USA Today

@AURealist Please link the OP with each update. Would be much easier for mobile users to get to the OP that way. Thanks!

On 11/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, AURealist said:

Which matchup would you most like to see and would we win?

Sporting News:  vs  Purdue Music City Bowl  Nashville
SBNation:            vs TCU    Texas Bowl    Houston  

247Sports:           vs TCU     Texas Bowl    Houston 

ESPN(1):               vs  Pitt     Belk Bowl     Charlotte
ESPN(2):               vs Boston College   Music City Bowl   Nashville

CBS Sports:         vs TCU Texas Bowl Houston
NBCSports:         vs OSU Texas Bowl Houston

USA today:          vs Michigan State   Gator Bowl    Jacksonville 
SI:                          vs Northwestern    Gator Bowl   Jacksonville 

CollegeSportsMadness:  vs Wisconsin Gator Bowl JAX 

CFN :                     vs  NC State   Belk Bowl Charlotte

Athlon Sports:    vs Virginia     Belk Bowl Charlotte

The Athletic         vs TCU Texas Bowl Houston

D Ratings:            vs OSU  Texas  Houston  NC State Belk Bowl Charlotte

Bear with me.  Linux has some font irregularities.

Boston college...terrible.

Nashville is my preference. I don't care who the opponent is. We could beat any of 'em and we could lose to any of 'em so their name doesn't really matter to me.

32 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Nobody really 'wants' Auburn...

Ironically we don't really want any of them as well.

Do these second and third tier bowl games think there's any difference as relates to ticket sales (ie how well teams "travel")?  Every single one of them will be about a third full, if that....doesn't matter who, where, why, nothing.

Archived