Chip Lindsey

auburn4ever

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, but it will be done in a way that makes Chip look good I think. Maybe takes a job somewhere else or something I think. It’s happened before. Recently. :)

I do not think we will ever know just how good or bad Chip is as a coach. Whoever Gus hires if they are a quality coach will cost over 1 million (maybe not Freeze), and will likely want a 2 or more year contract regardless of what happens to Gus. It will be either Freeze, Kendall Briles, or maybe the OC at Oklahoma State. Who knows though!

The other coaches who will be gone will be Grimes and maybe Horton. Our receivers coach will stay no doubt.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

$1m buyout < $32m buyout

Hey coach....who do you think will be the next OC, OL coach and maybe RB coach?

I really hate to say this, because I absolutely think he is a solid quality individual.  But our WRs have underperformed for some time now.  Poor routes, not physical, don’t watch the QB.  And as co-coordinator he still owns part of the offensive performance. We need to help Kodi find another job or reassign him. He does not seem prepared for this stage. 

18 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

I really hate to say this, because I absolutely think he is a solid quality individual.  But our WRs have underperformed for some time now.  Poor routes, not physical, don’t watch the QB.  And as co-coordinator he still owns part of the offensive performance. We need to help Kodi find another job or reassign him. He does not seem prepared for this stage. 

Disagree.  We need new blood but Kodi should only be in on offensive game plans to learn not participate.  Gus, Chip and Kodi are the game plan brainstormers.  

Kodi and Porter would be the only ones I would keep on the offensive staff and only if they are wanted by the new OC.  

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Disagree.  We need new blood but Kodi should only be in on offensive game plans to learn not participate.  Gus, Chip and Kodi are the game plan brainstormers.  

Kodi and Porter would be the only ones I would keep on the offensive staff and only if they are wanted by the new OC.  

I would support that. 

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

The other coaches who will be gone will be Grimes and maybe Horton. Our receivers coach will stay no doubt.

Gus will choose the offensive staff and will only hire an OC that will let him meddle. There will be few if any major changes. 

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

Gus will choose the offensive staff and will only hire an OC that will let him meddle. There will be few if any major changes. 

Gus is the head coach he’s paid to meddle.  

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I do not think we will ever know just how good or bad Chip is as a coach. Whoever Gus hires if they are a quality coach will cost over 1 million (maybe not Freeze), and will likely want a 2 or more year contract regardless of what happens to Gus. It will be either Freeze, Kendall Briles, or maybe the OC at Oklahoma State. Who knows though!

I was in a bible study a couple of years ago with a guy who coached with Chip up through the ranks. He said he was a great guy but thought Auburn made a huge mistake. At the time I thought the guy was just jealous but now I'm not so sure.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Who do you think Gus will get to replace Chip?

Freeze. Target #1

13 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Demoted to full-time QB coach..

Are you basing this on the outstanding play of or QB's since he has been here? I would much prefer he moved on and hire a real QB coach/OC if we must keep Gus.

Archived