Chip Lindsey

auburn4ever

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

They need to make this move as soon as possible and hopefully name a replacement to lock in some of these recruits and possible get commits from some others.

And have the 15 days of bowl practice to familiarize himself with the personnel and lay the ground work for installing his offense.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nope. Will be gone. 

If so, then it will 100% be a GM offense/game plan? 😀 or maybe Kodi will get total control - jk! 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Patrick Nix

That would be the most Auburn thing ever. Luckily we have new leadership in the AD. 

Nix is unquestionably an Auburn man, but hiring Nix would be a worse hire than when Gus rehired Grimes. 

I don't see how anyone could suggest him with a straight face, but then again it IS a4e suggesting it.

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That would be the most Auburn thing ever. Luckily we have new leadership in the AD. 

Nix is unquestionably an Auburn man, but hiring Nix would be a worse hire than when Gus rehired Grimes. 

I don't see how anyone could suggest him with a straight face, but then again it IS a4e suggesting it.

I think there is some rule where this can’t happen anyway ...since his kid signing with Auburn...I know he was an OC at some college a few years back so it’s not like it’s too much of a reach.

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I think there is some rule where this can’t happen anyway ...since his kid signing with Auburn...I know he was an OC at some college a few years back so it’s not like it’s too much of a reach.

You can hire the coach of a player you are recruiting IF it is for a on field role. Not if it is just for a analyst role.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

You can hire the coach of a player you are recruiting IF it is for a on field role. Not if it is just for a analyst role.

Thanks I knew it was something like that 

I don't have much view of Freeze one way or the other but I do recall how posters on this forum blasted him for month after month during his days at OM and especially during the NCAA investigation....especially over what seemed to be his hypocritical actions as related to his faith and how he used that in recruiting and in dealing with media …..and the cell phone stuff. .

Was all of this negativism toward him based on the fact that he was at OM rather than honest feelings about his character and how he represented OM?   I'm just curious about what seems to be a bandwagon effect for him after at least two years of bashing?   :dunno:     Is there a sense that he's changed?  

What's up with all theFreeze love? I agree with being high on his coaching expertise but this guy just got busted with repeatedly hiring hookers on a company phone. Pretty sure our opponents would eat that up in recruiting

Freeze totally screws over the Ole Miss football program and now the rumors are that multiple teams want him for Offensive Coordinator. Damn, that just ain't right.

I've been reading a few Ole Miss message boards sinceFreeze resigned. Oddly enough, it appears that a number of people in and around Oxford and the Ole Miss program may have known what was going on withFreeze and what the private side of his publicly pious character really was. Rumours and rumou...

Not to embarrass anyone but a year ago, this was pretty typical of posts here...

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What's up with all theFreeze love? I agree with being high on his coaching expertise but this guy just got busted with repeatedly hiring hookers on a company phone. Pretty sure our opponents would eat that up in recruiting

Freeze totally screws over the Ole Miss football program and now the rumors are that multiple teams want him for Offensive Coordinator. Damn, that just ain't right.

I've been reading a few Ole Miss message boards sinceFreeze resigned. Oddly enough, it appears that a number of people in and around Oxford and the Ole Miss program may have known what was going on withFreeze and what the private side of his publicly pious character really was. Rumours and rumou...

Not to embarrass anyone but a year ago, this was pretty typical of posts here...

Spot on. However I think some argue since him and Gus are cool he is probably the only potential OC he may let have full autonomy on offense. Personally I’m 50/50 on it....but he will come with some baggage and the only way some will forget is if Auburn is winning....otherwise the torches and pitchforks will come out quick.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What's up with all theFreeze love? 

The fact that he can coach the heck out of an offense, the fact that he is one of the few coaches Gus trusts and that Freeze has the clout to tell Gus NO... I mean do I need to go on? I could.

I love the idea. It means that maybe JUST MAYBE Auburn is getting over the "need" to only hire "good guys" and will hire whatever coach is best for the job, regardless of what he has done in his past. That would be growth in the right direction in my eyes. Because hiring someone who has the issues you pointed out wouldn't have even been considered in the past. Maybe Auburn will start doing what's best for the football program and not what's best for optics. In my eyes that would be major growth

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Freeze. Starts and stops with him. Anyone else would be a huge fail. HUGE. Got to get the big name. 

Does it even matter though. If Gus uses his own scheme, what is the major value in adding Freeze? 

15 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Does it even matter though. If Gus uses his own scheme, what is the major value in adding Freeze? 

Maybe just maybe he can add some input in the passing offense...

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since some of you don't like the idea of Patrick taking over for Chip, then hire Patrick replace Kodi at WR coach.

Working on that post count again a4e.............stop being a troll

57 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

He can at least coach QBs. 

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nope. Will be gone. 

Do you think JB will gone as well?  I had high hopes that JB would come in and make a big difference in our OL. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me. But yes, JB made a big difference but not in the way I thought he would. The OL did seem to play better recently, but JS was still dancing around like a kangaroo on speed and had decent enough protection for him to make a good throw. With the caliber of good receivers we have, you would think they could get open within the time frame JS has had in the last few games.

He kind of reminds me of a Blue Tick Hound I had that would go nuts and hunker down every time she heard any kind of gun shot fire. She was gun shy in the worst way! 

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

You don't think they would keep him for the bowl game?  Legitimate question.  Thanks in advance!

He will resign/be “fired” as soon as the clock hits 0:00 on Saturday. He deserves better than the 💩sandwich he ate this year, but, that’s life in the big league 

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

I don't have much view of Freeze one way or the other but I do recall how posters on this forum blasted him for month after month during his days at OM and especially during the NCAA investigation....especially over what seemed to be his hypocritical actions as related to his faith and how he used that in recruiting and in dealing with media …..and the cell phone stuff. .

Was all of this negativism toward him based on the fact that he was at OM rather than honest feelings about his character and how he represented OM?   I'm just curious about what seems to be a bandwagon effect for him after at least two years of bashing?   :dunno:     Is there a sense that he's changed?  

I believe in redemption, if that answers your question. The fact that his wife stayed with him says something about his attitude about it.

2 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

I believe in redemption, if that answers your question. The fact that his wife stayed with him says something about his attitude about it.

I can adjust my expectations for personal conduct and call it redemption. Simply because all the disdain for Gus among fans is not a secret and will make hiring an established OC impossible. Freeze is in a position that he will gladly crawl into this position as it would have potential to make him look like a serious genius if this offense turns around in short order. And most schools won’t touch him. Like the Bruce   Pearl hire. 

Archived