Chip Lindsey

auburn4ever

10 hours ago, fredst said:

He will resign/be “fired” as soon as the clock hits 0:00 on Saturday. He deserves better than the 💩sandwich he ate this year, but, that’s life in the big league 

At least it's a happy 💩 sandwich.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2018 at 7:24 AM, AU64 said:

Yep...JMO but offense was not impressive yesterday...same stuff...dropped passes, missed wide open receivers and negative yards on rushing plays...no real improvement from the O..

Zero accountability and no fear of repercussions will lead to sloppy execution and bad mental break downs.

14 hours ago, brad5628AU said:

Does it even matter though. If Gus uses his own scheme, what is the major value in adding Freeze? 

Off the top of my head...

Much better passing concepts

Much better QB coaching

Much better scheming

Much better flexibility

Much better player utilization

Much better adjustments

Much better play calling.

I'm still skeptical on Freeze.  Can it be confirmed that the success his teams had on offense are the result of his coaching prowess?  Who was his OC at Ole Miss?

7 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I'm still skeptical on Freeze.  Can it be confirmed that the success his teams had on offense are the result of his coaching prowess?  Who was his OC at Ole Miss?

Luke

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Luke

The Ole Miss offense has continued to be prolific under Luke despite the sanctions.  I just wonder how much of their offensive success when Freeze was the HC could be attributed to Freeze and how much credit should go to Luke.

20 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

The Ole Miss offense has continued to be prolific under Luke despite the sanctions.  I just wonder how much of their offensive success when Freeze was the HC could be attributed to Freeze and how much credit should go to Luke.

Duke was not good while Luke was OC.  No bowls during his time there.  Duke started bowling again the year after they cut him loose.

37 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

As someone that has worked with Longo previously, I can tell you it's not Luke.

One thing that we, as fans, may not be considering about the excitement Auburn has for Hugh Freeze is; he is available right now.  This makes him very attractive as an OC as Gus will not have to wait until other OCs finish with their bowl game to get him to Auburn.  Freeze can come in and work with Gus installing whatever offense we may see next year.  Probably helps recruiting offensive players too.  If he announces the hire by December 4th, it may sway KB to sign with Auburn.

Gus needs to right this ship as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

One thing that we, as fans, may not be considering about the excitement Auburn has for Hugh Freeze is; he is available right now.  This makes him very attractive as an OC as Gus will not have to wait until other OCs finish with their bowl game to get him to Auburn.  Freeze can come in and work with Gus installing whatever offense we may see next year.  Probably helps recruiting offensive players too.  If he announces the hire by December 4th, it may sway KB to sign with Auburn.

Gus needs to right this ship as soon as possible.

Freeze is a (possible) band-aid at best.  He'll be here no longer than is needed to rehab his rep or until he's caught in another unseemly circumstance.  Not sure how that's gonna help recruiting.  

We tried the Tulsa dream team and that didn't work.  We've got an OC now whose only real responsibility on game day is guess-picking the Gus-designed play Gus wants to run at any given moment.  We're going to be second-tier until Gus leaves regardless of who is sitting in the OC's chair, so take up a new hobby and ride this out until Gus gets the sack.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Zero accountability and no fear of repercussions will lead to sloppy execution and bad mental break downs.

Much better QB coaching

Much better scheming

Much better flexibility

Much better adjustments

Hopefully much less meddling and everything that goes with that!

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Much better QB coaching

Much better scheming

Much better flexibility

Much better adjustments

I agree, but will Gus let Freeze call the plays? And does Freeze get to bring in his own staff? We need a lot of new faces on the offensive side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Freeze is a (possible) band-aid at best.  He'll be here no longer than is needed to rehab is rep or until he's caught in another unseemly circumstance.  Not sure how that's gonna help recruiting.  

We tried the Tulsa dream team and that didn't work.  We've got an OC now whose only real responsibility on game day is guess-picking the Gus-designed play Gus wants to run at any given moment.  We're going to be second-tier until Gus leaves regardless of who is sitting in the OC's chair, so take up a new hobby and ride this out until Gus gets the sack.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying, but Gus is here for another year.  I’m trying to see what Gus is thinking as to how to improve “the dumbest team” he has produced.  If KB doesn’t show up and/or Freeze doesn’t work out, Gus will be gone IMO.

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t disagree with what you are saying, but Gus is here for another year.  I’m trying to see what Gus is thinking as to how to improve “the dumbest team” he has produced.  If KB doesn’t show up and/or Freeze doesn’t work out, Gus will be gone IMO.

A team is 'smart' or 'dumb' from the top down.  It's little things like that comment that makes me wonder what The Genius™ concentrates on during practice.  I'm thinking he's working on play choreography with ZERO work on fundamentals.  Stands in direct contrast to Washington State, Purdue, Northwestern or Utah - teams that do more with less.

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

I agree, but will Gus let Freeze call the plays? And does Freeze get to bring in his own staff? We need a lot of new faces on the offensive side of the ball.

Guessing we'll find this out within the next week or two.

Gotta feeling Sat is Chip's last game.  Hopefully Freeze is in for the bowl and then we'll start hearing rumblings about his coaching staff.  As long as Grimes is replaced I'll be happy but not sure Horton will be around either.  Curious to see if he (can) replace Kodi or maybe if he can mentor Kodi.  Not sure why but I think with a good mentor Kodi might be a diamond in the rough.

If Gus is going to pull the trigger on Chip, he needs to do it immediately after the IB. Hire Freeze asap so that he can start implementing HIS offense with Gus being more hands off than at anytime in his Auburn coaching career. I think HF being a HC will offer something we have never had as long as Gus has been here.  I think HF will come in with some reasonable requests (polite demands for Gus to step back and let HF do his thing.

It is interesting that Lashlee has done nothing to improve Uconn's offense so this tells me parting ways with him was a good idea. I am curious to see how Chip will land and if he can show the world it was Gus and not him holding the offense back. He did ok at USM, but did not do much at the Arizona school he was the OC for a while. Update....did not know Rhett was at SMU my bad.

If not Freeze, then we need to bring K Briles in. I wonder which of the 2 (Freeze & Briles) will be the easiest to bring on board with the blessings of the AD.  If I was Leath, I would let Gus do what he wants to do so that with a huge hire and one that can turn the offense totally around, Leath could come out looking a bit better from the mega bucks debacle he was a big part of. 

on another site i read where chip was allowed to call the o against jawja and the turds during the regular season. this was just a poster talking so i have no idea how close to be right he was. and i also do not know if gus hurt us in the sec championship and the bowl game, or chip called them as well and tanked, or we were bad because we ran the legs right off of kj. i believe if chip was the guy that led us to beat two numbers one's in a row he deserves another shot. and again, if it is true it would be a shame to run chip off. and freeze might be a great offensive mind but with all his baggage our public relations would take a huge hit. and if chips is run off because of gus i hope he tells just what did happen while he was here at auburn. life is not fair but it would be a shame to derail a persons coaching career when he was not the problem.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

If Gus is going to pull the trigger on Chip, he needs to do it immediately after the IB. Hire Freeze asap so that he can start implementing HIS offense with Gus being more hands off than at anytime in his Auburn coaching career. I think HF being a HC will offer something we have never had as long as Gus has been here.  I think HF will come in with some reasonable requests (polite demands for Gus to step back and let HF do his thing.

It is interesting that Lashlee has done nothing to improve Uconn's offense so this tells me parting ways with him was a good idea. I am curious to see how Chip will land and if he can show the world it was Gus and not him holding the offense back. He did ok at USM, but did not do much at the Arizona school he was the OC for a while.

If not Freeze, then we need to bring K Briles in. I wonder which of the 2 (Freeze & Briles) will be the easiest to bring on board with the blessings of the AD.  If I was Leath, I would let Gus do what he wants to do so that with a huge hire and one that can turn the offense totally around, Leath could come out looking a bit better from the mega bucks debacle he was a big part of. 

Lashleeis a SMUand their O has been pretty good the new games I've see. 

I do believe they are above auburn in most offensive statistical rankings. 

19 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

I believe in redemption, if that answers your question. The fact that his wife stayed with him says something about his attitude about it.

this is a guess, based on instinct and a bit of knowledge of how recruiting works so i am not trying to say this is fact by any means, and that guess is that he was arranging the hookers for the recruits....just a guess

3 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Lashleeis a SMUand their O has been pretty good the new games I've see. 

I do believe they are above auburn in most offensive statistical rankings. 

didn't know Lashlee was at SMU. Thanks for the update!

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

As someone that has worked with Longo previously, I can tell you it's not Luke.

Hey Bird....what chances would we have with getting Longo?  I really like him and he might be able to reign JS in and help him to become the QB he was most of last season.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Bird....what chances would we have with getting Longo?  I really like him and he might be able to reign JS in and help him to become the QB he was most of last season.

Dc64.gif

On 11/20/2018 at 11:56 AM, AUsince72 said:

Guessing we'll find this out within the next week or two.

Gotta feeling Sat is Chip's last game.  Hopefully Freeze is in for the bowl and then we'll start hearing rumblings about his coaching staff.  As long as Grimes is replaced I'll be happy but not sure Horton will be around either.  Curious to see if he (can) replace Kodi or maybe if he can mentor Kodi.  Not sure why but I think with a good mentor Kodi might be a diamond in the rough.

Unless some miracle win happens be assured there will be quite a few done Saturday.  For those that think Gus is safe you might be in for a surprise.

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Unless some miracle win happens be assured there will be quite a few done Saturday.  For those that think Gus is safe you might be in for a surprise.

Hmm insider info...where is this coming from. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hmm insider info...where is this coming from. 

The prayers from his lips to God’s ears.

Archived