Alabama High School Playoffs thread

corchjay

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ finished 52 yards shy of the record.  Great season by a kid that came out of no where and has done it on the field.  Come on down to AU and keep that career going!!

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

@ellitor any idea how Ashford and Pickens are doing tonight.

Nope. For as high and mighty as Hoover is I couldn't find a radio broadcast for them. I only saw an occassional score on twitter as I was watching Thompson/HT while listening to Central/McGill & Auburn/Lee.

7 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Auburn High falls to Lee 12-6. 

Central over McT 14-0. 

Saint James loses to Providence Christian in 3A 27-6.  

R.I.P. Bishop Toolen Yellow Jackets 😢😢

14 hours ago, corchjay said:

@ellitor any idea how Ashford and Pickens are doing tonight.  Very interested in how Ashford handles himself during the playoffs.  Because at this point I have seen him in 4 games and not sure he isn’t a little overrated 

Ashford is a real talent but also has a real attitude problem. He has been better with the attitude the past couple of weeks but I'll be interested to see in a tough game like next week will be if the tude reappears. I think the winner of the Thompson/Hoover game wins the 7A champ. but if I had to pick right now I would say Thompson has the advantage even though Hoover won earlier in the year.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:49 PM, Vhsco88 said:

Supporter and P.A. Announcer for Vigor here. You can follow me on Twitter with game updates Voiceofthepack1

Congrats to the Wolf Pack of Vigor looks like they will advance forward.  Leading 27-7 late over Demopolis.  

That Hoover - Thompson game was a very good football game considering the bad weather conditions in the 2nd half.  Hoover looked to be taking control then Thompson battled back with back to back 85 yard drives to take the lead with 15 seconds left.  Both teams are loaded with D1 talent.  Good luck to Thompson next week.  

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

That Hoover - Thompson game was a very good football game considering the bad weather conditions in the 2nd half.  Hoover looked to be taking control then Thompson battled back with back to back 85 yard drives to take the lead with 15 seconds left.  Both teams are loaded with D1 talent.  Good luck to Thompson next week.  

How were you able to watch it?

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

How were you able to watch it?

NFHS on Facebook.  A friend told me he watched last week for free.  I kept getting a pop up about buying a subscription.  I wasn't going to do that.  To be honest, I'm not sure how I got it to work but it started streaming so I let it. 

32 minutes ago, around4ever said:

NFHS on Facebook.  A friend told me he watched last week for free.  I kept getting a pop up about buying a subscription.  I wasn't going to do that.  To be honest, I'm not sure how I got it to work but it started streaming so I let it. 

You can also watch replays on the site if you want to watch it today. 

On 11/24/2018 at 6:32 AM, around4ever said:

You can also watch replays on the site if you want to watch it today. 

Yeah. I knew about replays on their site but didn't find about them on Face til earlier Friday & wasn't sure if there was a pay thing there as well. I passed checking it out though because the OU-WVU, Apple Cup, & basketball top 5 Vols vs. Kansas were too juicy.

Archived