Liberty post game

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for the seniors and the players, and all those that got to play, in a game that every single person dressed out should’ve played. However, the “we beat liberty, we’re back” mentality gets old.

I mean I'm not bashing Gus asking about gatewood. I've been excited for years to see what he could do. He signed with us. He could of signed almost anywhere he wanted. There is a 4 game redshirt rule. He hasn't stepped on the field this entire season. Tonight was the perfect game to get him some snaps, and AGAIN he didn't see the field. It makes NO sense to me. None. And no amount of sunshine pumping deflection will make it make a lick of sense to me.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Happy for the seniors and the players, and all those that got to play, in a game that every single person dressed out should’ve played. However, the “we beat liberty, we’re back” mentality gets old.

Who said we’re back? 😳

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Exactly why did gatewood not get a snap? Am I the only one who thinks that's absurd?

Gatewood obviously isn’t on Gus’s good side. That’s actually encouraging. As in he might actually be worth something after all...

Just now, autigeremt said:

Who said we’re back? 😳

Just talking about the overall attitude this year, we beat a subpar team and “we’re back”,  “we’re going to turn the corner”, “we have the dumbest fans in America”. Etc

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Who said we’re back? 😳

Well it is only an amount of time before certain posters will use this 50+ point shutout win as some defense/excuse for the abilities of the staff. So while they may not have yet... Just watch. This game will get brought up in defense of some other bone headed move

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just talking about the overall attitude this year, we beat a subpar team and “we’re back”,  “we’re going to turn the corner”, “we have the dumbest fans in America”. Etc

You mean a snarky, superior attitude?

1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

You mean a snarky, superior attitude?

Which is another way to describe a gamer mentality. Which is something countless of you have harped on Stidham for not having...  A gamer thinks he is the best player on the field... But sure... call it a superior attitude

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Which is another way to describe a gamer mentality. Which is something countless of you have harped on Stidham for not having...  A gamer thinks he is the best player on the field... But sure... call it a superior attitude

I'm confused.  Who is supposed to have the attitude? 

2 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

I'm confused.  Who is supposed to have the attitude? 

You must not of played football. Your QB needs to be the big swinging Johnson on the squad. They SHOULD think they are better than everyone else. You are out if your mind of you think Cam and Nick didn't think they were the best player on the field.

I thought you were talking about the fans not the players.  The whole "we're back" thing after beating a 1st year FBS program, and the "dumbest fans" crack.  Sorry I misunderstood.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You must not of played football. Your QB needs to be the big swinging Johnson on the squad. They SHOULD think they are better than everyone else. You are out if your mind of you think Cam and Nick didn't think they were the best player on the field.

Maybe he needs to earn it, just as much as he thinks it or maybe he got behind after the thumb injury earlier in the year. Who the hell knows...

7 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

I thought you were talking about the fans not the players.  The whole "we're back" thing after beating a 1st year FBS program, and the "dumbest fans" crack.  Sorry I misunderstood.

So did I. My apologies

For those wondering about Asa.  The Auburn Network clearly said post game this was Asa’s 4th game action of the season and what happens going forward will determine the if he is redshirted or not.  No clue because I don’t worry about redshirt stuff much but people have been making a big deal about so just passing along info that the network was saying.  

14 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Maybe he needs to earn it, just as much as he thinks it or maybe he got behind after the thumb injury earlier in the year. Who the hell knows...

Of course he needs to earn it. And yes he got behind because of his thumb injury. That's why he didn't play against Alabama State. But no one complained then because he shouldn't of played. But unless it just hasn't been reported, he has been practicing. I just don't understand how he hasn't "earned" a few snaps this season. This was pretty much his last chance for a snap this season. The only way he gets a snap vs Bama is if we are down by 40+. Then Gus is going to try his best to do what he had only done once, win the bowl game. So his chances for any snaps in the bowl game is practically zero. This was most likely his last chance for the season....

I just don't get it. If I were Gatewood, I'd announce my transfer tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

For those wondering about Asa.  The Auburn Network clearly said post game this was Asa’s 4th game action of the season and what happens going forward will determine the if he is redshirted or not.  No clue because I don’t worry about redshirt stuff much but people have been making a big deal about so just passing along info that the network was saying.  

Thought he already exhausted his redshirt eligibility?

Archived