Liberty post game

Auburn2Eugene

25 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well it is only an amount of time before certain posters will use this 50+ point shutout win as some defense/excuse for the abilities of the staff. So while they may not have yet... Just watch. This game will get brought up in defense of some other bone headed move

I personally wouldn't go that far..........some did believe Auburn was going to loose........I'm sure they will be disappointed.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

For those wondering about Asa.  The Auburn Network clearly said post game this was Asa’s 4th game action of the season and what happens going forward will determine the if he is redshirted or not.  No clue because I don’t worry about redshirt stuff much but people have been making a big deal about so just passing along info that the network was saying.  

I was wondering about him as well. But haven't we been having discussions about him already being in 4 games? And for reference

Screenshot_Chrome_20181117-185958.png

33 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I mean I'm not bashing Gus asking about gatewood. I've been excited for years to see what he could do. He signed with us. He could of signed almost anywhere he wanted. There is a 4 game redshirt rule. He hasn't stepped on the field this entire season. Tonight was the perfect game to get him some snaps, and AGAIN he didn't see the field. It makes NO sense to me. None. And no amount of sunshine pumping deflection will make it make a lick of sense to me.

Had to play Stidham long as possible to pump those stats man. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Thought he already exhausted his redshirt eligibility?

I’m just passing along what Paul said on the post game show.  That this was Asa’s 4th game action.  

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I was wondering about him as well. But haven't we been having discussions about him already being in 4 games? And for reference

Screenshot_Chrome_20181117-185958.png

I’m not sure just going on what Paul Ellen said post game.  When talking about his 10 carries

There was a question on whether his one play counted because a penalty occured. State game I think. Maybe the info came back and was not announced. 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m not sure just going on what Paul Ellen said post game.  When talking about his 10 carries

Yeah I heard that as well. I just don't understand. 

But I'm more concerned with why Gatewood didn't get a single snap. 

If Asa is as good as everyone thinks, its doubtful he stays a 5th year anyway. So that one to me isn't as questionable as Gatewood getting 0 snaps for the entire season.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah I heard that as well. I just don't understand. 

But I'm more concerned with why Gatewood didn't get a single snap. 

If Asa is as good as everyone thinks, its doubtful he stays a 5th year anyway. So that one to me isn't as questionable as Gatewood getting 0 snaps for the entire season.

lets just say his transition from HS to College has not gone very smoothly and he does not deserve an opportunity to get on the field

37 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just talking about the overall attitude this year, we beat a subpar team and “we’re back”,  “we’re going to turn the corner”, “we have the dumbest fans in America”. Etc

Been thinking that for weeks. 

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

lets just say his transition from HS to College has not gone very smoothly and he does not deserve an opportunity to get on the field

Difficult transition or not, I don't see how that's the case if he has been putting in the work during practice. I mean if he isn't practicing, then sure... He doesn't deserve an opportunity to see the field. And of course he shouldn't see the field in big games, but if he has been practicing, I don't understand how he doesn't deserve a snap or three in garbage time up by 50 in basically the last chance of the season.

12 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Difficult transition or not, I don't see how that's the case if he has been putting in the work during practice. I mean if he isn't practicing, then sure... He doesn't deserve an opportunity to see the field. And of course he shouldn't see the field in big games, but if he has been practicing, I don't understand how he doesn't deserve a snap or three in garbage time up by 50 in basically the last chance of the season.

playing time is earned by doing what you are suppose to do, being where you are suppose to be when you are suppose to be there and putting in the expected effort.  Really can't spell it out to you any more rthan that without talking bad about a player

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

playing time is earned by doing what you are suppose to do, being where you are suppose to be when you are suppose to be there and putting in the expected effort.  Really can't spell it out to you any more rthan that without talking bad about a player

That was clear enough...thanks.

Lessee here...

Liberty gave up 38 to Army, 47 to North Texas, 49 to New Mexico State, 62 to UMass (in 3 overtimes), 45 to Virginia and 50 to my beloved AU Tigers including the contributions from the defense in scoring today. That's some company we're keepoing.

2 for 12 on 3rd down. 2 for 12. Our Tigers can do that and still walk all over a team like Liberty. But 2 for 12 doesn't cut it even against Liberty and it will get us killed in games* ahead.

What the heck? I mean...gosh darn! They haf'ta do better that that. Come on, fellers. War Eagle! Rah! Rah!

*Games. including an opponent to be named in the always exciting Birmingham Bowl.

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That INT by Williams was incredible.  

Gus thought so. He was celebrating on the sidelines like his team just took a 4th quarter lead in the national championship game.

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

Gus thought so. He was celebrating on the sidelines like his team just took a 4th quarter lead in the national championship game.

There is nothing wrong with a coach celebrating a fantastic play by a football player. It really was awesome.

5 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Gus has provided plenty of reasons for people to not like him as a coach. That is not one. It’s easy to see why players are still fighting for a coach that is still invested enough to celebrate minor victories.

58 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There is nothing wrong with a coach celebrating a fantastic play by a football player. It really was awesome.

Yep, you gotta celebrate when you get the opportunity.  

Didn't see the game and can't say that I missed it. Apathy towards Auburn football is a new thing for me and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus has provided plenty of reasons for people to not like him as a coach. That is not one. It’s easy to see why players are still fighting for a coach that is still invested enough to celebrate minor victories.

It only furthers my point that he doesn't belong here. His school boy in a candy store mentality when the team trounces a first year FBS school is cringe worthy.  This has NOTHING to do with not being happy or excited for the team and the players for playing their butts off on senior day but at least act like you belong here instead of acting like a high school coach that won the $49M lottery to coach in the SEC.  You didn't see Nick Saban jumping up and down,  high fiving the coaches,  players,  water boy etc. every time Alabama scored a touchdown vs Citadel,  did you? It's almost like he's in over his head and he knows it.

52 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's liberty. That's all.

Archived