Liberty post game

Auburn2Eugene

4 minutes ago, selias said:

Didn't see the game and can't say that I missed it. Apathy towards Auburn football is a new thing for me and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I see what you did there. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I see what you did there. 

Truth be told, we did an early family Thanksgiving today. I saw maybe 15 minutes of college ball all day. Spent the day playing with my nieces and nephews. I stopped at 4 when I realized our game was on and then decided not to bother having it turned on. Great day all in all but my back will remind me tomorrow that I'm not an actual jungle gym ;)

21 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

It only furthers my point that he doesn't belong here. His school boy in a candy store mentality when the team trounces a first year FBS school is cringe worthy.  This has NOTHING to do with not being happy or excited for the team and the players for playing their butts off on senior day but at least act like you belong here instead of acting like a high school coach that won the $49M lottery to coach in the SEC.  You didn't see Nick Saban jumping up and down,  high fiving the coaches,  players,  water boy etc. every time Alabama scored a touchdown vs Citadel,  did you? It's almost like he's in over his head and he knows it.

There someone goes again......comparing CGM to CNS.  🙄

11 minutes ago, WVR said:

Class move by DD.

0E494177-2567-4823-9049-E0400DB44F9A.png

I agree. She might've been a nut... But she was OUR nut. Such an unfortunate loss 😢

We shut out Liberty?!?!  I think Leath just ran by my window again with a 7 year extension and adding 32 million dollars on the buyout!!! Fred Talley also just ran by my window like he does every saturday in the fall taunting me and scoring another touchdown!!! lol.

38 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

You didn't see Nick Saban jumping up and down,  high fiving the coaches,  players,  water boy etc. every time Alabama scored a touchdown vs Citadel,  did you? It's almost like he's in over his head and he knows it.

Considering Citadel rushed for 275 and the game was tied at halftime, no I dont think Saban wouldve been high fiving anyone. 

I dont know why you're so upset about a coach celebrating a pick six. Gus has plenty of deficiencies to legitimately attack, deciding to make a complaint about that is more "cringe worthy" IMO.

Just now, BigWhiskey91 said:

Considering Citadel rushed for 275 and the game was tied at halftime, no I dont think Saban wouldve been high fiving anyone. 

I dont know why you're so upset about a coach celebrating a pick six. Gus has plenty of deficiencies to legitimately attack, deciding to make a complaint about that is more "cringe worthy" IMO.

As a dude who always hears this word yet hardly ever uses it. I feel it is appropriate in response to your comment. BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This ain't it fam. lol SMH.

bruh.png

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Happy for the seniors and the players, and all those that got to play, in a game that every single person dressed out should’ve played. However, the “we beat liberty, we’re back” mentality gets old.

Tell me Gus didn't say that...please.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

As a dude who always hears this word yet hardly ever uses it. I feel it is appropriate in response to your comment. BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This ain't it fam. lol SMH.

I think that would be better directed at the person comparing CGM to CNS but thats cool.

12 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I think that would be better directed at the person comparing CGM to CNS but thats cool.

your comment says otherwise!!!!! hahahaa. I want a coach like saban and bruce who their team is kicking ass up by multiple touchdowns or up by 20 plus and they are still coaching hard and not satisfied.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

your comment says otherwise!!!!! hahahaa. I want a coach like saban and bruce who their team is kicking ass up by multiple touchdowns or up by 20 plus and they are still coaching hard and not satisfied.

Never said that I wanted otherwise. Just was saying that out of ALL the things one could easily prod Malzahn for, he chose him celebrating a pick six that happened early in the game? 

How about the poor 3rd down conversions? How about the lack of explosive plays against a VERY poor defense tonight? Complaining about him celebrating a pick six aint it.

Just now, BigWhiskey91 said:

Never said that I wanted otherwise. Just was saying that out of ALL the things one could easily prod Malzahn for, he chose him celebrating a pick six that happened early in the game? 

How about the poor 3rd down conversions? How about the lack of explosive plays against a VERY poor defense tonight? Complaining about him celebrating a pick six aint it.

To be fair to us Gus haters. We are consistent!!!! We complain about EVERYTHING when it comes to him! lol. Not just this muhhhhhhhhhh dude!! We in this together for 1 more year!! Then we DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kb.gif

8 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

It could be the mediocrity in Gus that has me fed up however,  The funny part being that you thinking that was comparison of CGM to CNS. I didn't bring up stats and numbers in an attempt to embarrass CGM. I merely showed how one coach is poised and strives for perfection while the other looks like he's just happy to be somewhere he doesn't belong. You could literally replace Saban's name with any other coach in the SEC. I still have the Tennessee game on DVR and Pruitt wasn't jumping up and down until the final whistle and he had a reason to be jumping up and down after every score. Just act like you belong here,  not like a high school coach won the 49M lottery to coach in the SEC.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

To be fair to us Gus haters. We are consistent!!!! We complain about EVERYTHING when it comes to him! lol. Not just this muhhhhhhhhhh dude!! We in this together for 1 more year!! Then we DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kb.gif

Thats fair lmao. If things work out in that direction, it might not even take another full season IMO.

1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Thats fair lmao. If things work out in that direction, it might not even take another full season IMO.

O for sure!!! He is getting Les Miles'd for sure mid season next year! lol

7 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I didn't mention anything about the third down conversions or the lack of explosive plays because it didn't seem to phase mediocre Gus either. He only made a blurb about it when someone brought it up.

ttps://www.theplainsman.com/article/2018/11/everything-gus-malzahn

Just now, murpjf88 said:

The funny part being that you thinking that was comparison of CGM to CNS. 

You literally mentioned both and specifically mentioned the situations, that is a comparison, not just my thinking.

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

I didn't bring up stats and numbers in an attempt to embarrass CGM. I merely showed how one coach is poised and strives for perfection while the other looks like he's just happy to be somewhere he doesn't belong. 

I guess you missed Malzahn ripping into Willis multiple times as well as Stidham after he ate the massive sack in the first half. I am not saying hes perfect, I am just saying are we really going to pick him celebrating his defense putting up points?

6 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I still have the Tennessee game on DVR and Pruitt wasn't jumping up and down until the final whistle and he had a reason to be jumping up and down after every score.

Different coach, different style. Again, at the end of the day, he will be fired or kept based on his teams performance, not how/when he celebrates lol.

Glad the seniors had fun. War Eagle. Get the lube for next week. Accept Gus is our coach next year too.

I do not read many other boards and only post on occasion. However, the anti everything mentality of many is hard to look at. Right now if Gus crapes a gold brick there would be a crowd of people to compare it to the one Saban had and discus how it was not pinched off correctly. I would hate to know a recruit reads any of this. I am not saying I want Gus as the coach forever but I am a proud Alumni and will always support the AU family. Congrats to the team and War Eagle!

6 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

You literally mentioned both and specifically mentioned the situations, that is a comparison, not just my thinking.

I guess you missed Malzahn ripping into Willis multiple times as well as Stidham after he ate the massive sack in the first half. I am not saying hes perfect, I am just saying are we really going to pick him celebrating his defense putting up points?

Different coach, different style. Again, at the end of the day, he will be fired or kept based on his teams performance, not how/when he celebrates lol.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. It really depends. It wasn't the celebration per se. It's the fact that he underwhelms and underachieves his way through another season,  gets put in his place more times than not against teams in his own weight class,  finally faces a team he can beat on and he's out there smashing high fives with the water boy because of a pick six against a first year FBS school. Show some composure and act like you belong here. This is arguably the Worst team Auburn has faced in years if not decades. It was a nice interception though.

If coaches were kept/fired based off of performance,  Gus wouldn't be here so we both know that's a load.

Archived