26-14

autigeremt

One more week to enjoy last years Iron Bowl. Regardless of what has happened in between we run over their ass and that hadn’t happened in a very long time. 

War Eagle! It won’t be pretty next Saturday. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bad do we think it has to be for the PTB to pull the plug? Most likely scenario is for him to be back next year, on an absolutely nuclear seat.

The 8's have not been kind to us.

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It won’t be pretty next Saturday. 

You right about that

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

How bad do we think it has to be for the PTB to pull the plug? Most likely scenario is for him to be back next year, on an absolutely nuclear seat.

Lose 88-0  +  Gus punches out an octogenarian while screaming an f-bomb on national tv. 

7 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Gus punches out an octogenarian while screaming an f-bomb on national tv. 

That might actually be good TV.

36 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That game can’t be bad enough to get the PTB to unload that kind of cash.  Just not happening.

45 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

One more week to enjoy last years Iron Bowl. Regardless of what has happened in between we run over their ass and that hadn’t happened in a very long time. 

War Eagle! It won’t be pretty next Saturday. 

We had 52 points today. That feat is basically Bama’s average. Meanwhile, Bama’s D only gives up 12 PPG.

I doubt I will watch the game. Might check the score an hour into the eand if it’s close, start watching then. 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

How many more people from the University have to say it... Gus will be back next year.  Regardless of what happens next weekend. He would have to get caught doing something unethical at this point to be removed beyond that he will be back next year.  Regardless of feelings to the coach or the staff we need to get behind them some what to finish out recruiting this season.  The life blood of the program and before all the he-haw about firing the coach we were probably gonna be right at a top 5 class.  Now probably Top 10.   Might not be huge but when you are talking about difference makers and just solid SEC players there is a huge difference.  

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

How many more people from the University have to say it... Gus will be back next year.  Regardless of what happens next weekend. He would have to get caught doing something unethical at this point to be removed beyond that he will be back next year.  Regardless of feelings to the coach or the staff we need to get behind them some what to finish out recruiting this season.  The life blood of the program and before all the he-haw about firing the coach we were probably gonna be right at a top 5 class.  Now probably Top 10.   Might not be huge but when you are talking about difference makers and just solid SEC players there is a huge difference.  

Yep, you're right. His butt will be on the sun, though.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We had 52 points today. That feat is basically Bama’s average. Meanwhile, Bama’s D only gives up 12 PPG.

I doubt I will watch the game. Might check the score an hour into the eand if it’s close, start watching then. 

Nope!  Take your ass kicking like an adult just like the rest of us.  If you get enjoy the fruits of a win over Bama, then you gotta take your lumps too.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Yah. Right. It is our fault that the firing buzz started and hurt this years recruiting class. Not completely laying a egg against MOO U and Rocky Top. A rocky top program who had not won a sec game in 2 years. But sure blame it on us. When will you ever just blame Gus? What will it take? Trust me when I say that the man does not deserve you defending him like this. 5 out of 6 seasons he has had at least 4 losses. He is a average coach at best.

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah. Right. It is our fault that the firing buzz started and hurt this years recruiting class. Not completely laying a egg against MOO U and Rocky Top. A rocky top program who had not won a sec game in 2 years. But sure blame it on us. When will you ever just blame Gus? What will it take? Trust me when I say that the man does not deserve you defending him like this. 5 out of 6 seasons he has had at least 4 losses. He is a average coach at best.

I did not say that.  But perception of stability does affect recruiting.  

cena.gif

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I did not say that.  But perception of stability does affect recruiting.  

Stability would not be unstable if Gus did not have the most embarrassing loss for AU in several years and constantly having a top 10 pre season ranking only to lose 5 or 6 games.

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope!  Take your ass kicking like an adult just like the rest of us.  If you get enjoy the fruits of a win over Bama, then you gotta take your lumps too.

👎 I’ve taken the lumps. Not this time.

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

IMO it's already over. We got killed in o line recruiting this year when we had very good prospects in the area and we are already getting murdered in state for next year. I know it won't happen but we really should cut ties now because we're getting outdone anyway. Unless we are on some underdeveloped talent that everybody missed out on

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Omgfh#

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

Blame the fans, then deny blaming the fans when called out on it.  Honestly, you should just resist the urge next time.  

If we're being beaten in recruiting, it's because Gus is not giving young men anything to get excited about while our rivals and other teams are, or maybe Gus' org is just weak on recruiting the right players.  Gus has had 5 or 6 top 10 recruiting classes to work with and we're not in the TOP 25.  There isn't a coach in the league who does less with more than Gus.  Stop making excuses.  If this weren't Gus and your team, you'd be singing a completely different tune.  

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

IMO it's already over. We got killed in o line recruiting this year when we had very good prospects in the area and we are already getting murdered in state for next year. I know it won't happen but we really should cut ties now because we're getting outdone anyway. Unless we are on some underdeveloped talent that everybody missed out on

I am not on the Gus Bus but let’s be real.  We were not getting those guys regardless of our play   They were going to Bama or another pro style coach

I think Gus’ O (which most wanted) and Greg Rob does Grimes  no favors

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well that’s depressing. So one of the most critical (and in our case deficient) areas of the team and we do squat. It’s obvious to anyone with eyes OL recruitment needs to be the priority. Does gus just ignore it, or are we just bad at recruiting OL?  Legitimately asking...

5 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Well that’s depressing. So one of the most critical (and in our case deficient) areas of the team and we do squat. It’s obvious to anyone with eyes OL recruitment needs to be the priority. Does gus just ignore it, or are we just bad at recruiting OL?  Legitimately asking...

Recruiting OL was a huge problem toward the end of Hand's employment and instead of addressing it with an OL coach hire that recruits well, we hired a guy that we forced out a few years ago who supposedly didn't have the fire in his belly to recruit.  We were at the nail-biting stage and Gus just decided it wasn't a big deal.

12 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Gus's recruiting strategy tends to be "get best player available multiple times." So if he fixates on WRs, we sign 7 of them. 

1 minute ago, The Six said:

Gus's recruiting strategy tends to be "get best player available multiple times." So if he fixates on WRs, we sign 7 of them. 

Okay strategy if your drafting late in the 1st round of the nfl draft, but that’s no way to build a foundation for a college team. The fixating on WR is another head scratcher to me. For a guy that always talks about “run the ball better” you’d think we’d have HBs by the dozen.

Archived