26-14

autigeremt

51 minutes ago, lala said:

I am not in the Gus Bus but let’s be real.  We got killed for those recruits last year when Gus had stability.  Had nothing to do with this years play.

Hand did us no favors but the players in question were already headed to Bama, now 1 considers UGA because of their line coach but he was not coming to AU regardless.    I think Gus’ O and Greg Rob does Grimes 

Somewhat confused by your post

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, AUwent said:

How bad do we think it has to be for the PTB to pull the plug? Most likely scenario is for him to be back next year, on an absolutely nuclear seat.

The 8's have not been kind to us.

I don't think they are gonna pull the plug this year no matter how many fans complain nor how loudly. Gus will be on top of the Hot Seat next year and I can see firing him after an especially egregious early season loss that takes us out of playing for the West title.

1 hour ago, lala said:

I am not in the Gus Bus but let’s be real.  We got killed for those recruits last year when Gus had stability.  Had nothing to do with this years play.

Hand did us no favors but the players in question were already headed to Bama, now 1 considers UGA because of their line coach but he was not coming to AU regardless.    I think Gus’ O and Greg Rob does Grimes 

The edit key is your friend...

12 hours ago, corchjay said:

How many more people from the University have to say it... Gus will be back next year.  Regardless of what happens next weekend. He would have to get caught doing something unethical at this point to be removed beyond that he will be back next year.  Regardless of feelings to the coach or the staff we need to get behind them some what to finish out recruiting this season.  The life blood of the program and before all the he-haw about firing the coach we were probably gonna be right at a top 5 class.  Now probably Top 10.   Might not be huge but when you are talking about difference makers and just solid SEC players there is a huge difference.  

Top 5? Top 10? What difference does it make if we do not have multiple talented O line recruits ready to sign with us by now?  And at least one outstanding RB. There is something screwy about the way the so-called experts determine who is winning at recruiting!

12 hours ago, corchjay said:

How many more people from the University have to say it... Gus will be back next year.  Regardless of what happens next weekend. He would have to get caught doing something unethical at this point to be removed beyond that he will be back next year.  Regardless of feelings to the coach or the staff we need to get behind them some what to finish out recruiting this season.  The life blood of the program and before all the he-haw about firing the coach we were probably gonna be right at a top 5 class.  Now probably Top 10.   Might not be huge but when you are talking about difference makers and just solid SEC players there is a huge difference.  

Which recruit did we lose?

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'll let @ellitor follow up on who we possibly "lost" that we were in the running for and possibly led for.  And allow him to explain how negativity surrounding a program can affect a recruit.  He's more attached to the recruiting then I am as a whole. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

👎 I’ve taken the lumps. Not this time.

Ok.  But if we somehow pull a miracle, you lose bragging rights.  I know folks who missed the Camback because they gave up and turned it off at 24-0.  I have never let them forget it.

And if we do pull that however unlikely miracle, I ain't letting you forget it.  It will become my mission to remind you that you skipped the Iron Bowl at every turn.  Off-season thread?  I'm there.  Basketball game thread?  I'm there.  Username changed to aujeff11skippedtheironbowlbecausehewasscared?   Happening.

So lose the underoos, man up, drink a beer or 10, and watch the game.  It's your duty.

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'll let @ellitor follow up on who we possibly "lost" that we were in the running for and possibly led for.  And allow him to explain how negativity surrounding a program can affect a recruit.  He's more attached to the recruiting then I am as a whole. 

I can't find a thread where it's being talked about. I know how recruiting works I was assuming there was some example in this class

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ok.  But if we somehow pull a miracle, you lose bragging rights.  I know folks who missed the Camback because they gave up and turned it off at 24-0.  I have never let them forget it.

And if we do pull that however unlikely miracle, I ain't letting you forget it.  It will become my mission to remind you that you skipped the Iron Bowl at every turn.  Off-season thread?  I'm there.  Basketball game thread?  I'm there.  Username changed to aujeff11skippedtheironbowlbecausehewasscared?   Happening.

So lose the underoos, man up, drink a beer or 10, and watch the game.  It's your duty.

I have shut off games early in the 2nd half when it appeared certain we would lose. Last weeks game being an example. The 2010 Iron Bowl was not a game any AU fan should have given up on. Cam meant everything and that game certainly won him the Heisman.

Just now, cole256 said:

I can't find a thread where it's being talked about. I know how recruiting works I was assuming there was some example in this class

Like I said E keeps up with it more so I'll let him answer if he knows.  But he has made multiple references to negativity in the recruiting forum being a detriment to recruiting because players and families come to the board.  I think Momma Worm is proof enough of that... 

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ok.  But if we somehow pull a miracle, you lose bragging rights. 

No I don’t. I said I was going to check the scores to see if I should tune in. No bammer has to know that I didn’t have faith in my team this game. 😂

I watched the Camback. I was at the game. Don’t know if you know this, I was a student at Alabama at the time and was an Auburn fan all the way through undergrad.

No miracles are happening this time bubba. Kiss your wife and tuck your kids into bed, it’s going to be brutal. I’d be happy to deal with your username though. I’ve ate crow before.

Just now, corchjay said:

Like I said E keeps up with it more so I'll let him answer if he knows.  But he has made multiple references to negativity in the recruiting forum being a detriment to recruiting because players and families come to the board.  I think Momma Worm is proof enough of that... 

You literally said top 5 to top 10 as if we lost somebody that's why I was asking. I already know what he will say why not to post negative stuff. I used to say it back in the day myself. But it's don't post hateful stuff about recruits and their families and things of that nature. It's not don't talk about Gus offense sucking. That's not going to do anything, that's everywhere

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You literally said top 5 to top 10 as if we lost somebody that's why I was asking. I already know what he will say why not to post negative stuff. I used to say it back in the day myself. But it's don't post hateful stuff about recruits and their families and things of that nature. It's not don't talk about Gus offense sucking. That's not going to do anything, that's everywhere

Yes we were on pace and still in the race enough with good players that a possible top 5 class was right there for the taking.  Some of those players we would have needed have moved on but I can't remember specific names.  I wasn't saying we had a top 5 and now we have a top 10... I was projecting final rankings.  

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

No I don’t. I said I was going to check the scores. I watched the Camback. I was at the game. 

No miracles are happening this time bubba. Kiss your wife and tuck your kids into bed, it’s going to be brutal.

I'm quite certain we're gonna get smoked as well, but you're also one 1st quarter shot to Tua away from a totally different conversation.  Never know.  It's sports and crazy things happen sometimes.  Also, checking the scores means not watching.  I stand by previous internet harassment statements.

And thankfully I don't have kids.  Don't like em.  Don't want em.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

You have no idea what you are missing.  I'm the proud father of 4.  

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I have em and they’re my million bucks, but don’t blame you at all at the same time. Haha

Also, see my edited post and get off your high horse.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You have no idea what you are missing.  I'm the proud father of 4.  

Good for you.  Know lots of people who love being parents, including very close friends.  It just isn't for me.

2 hours ago, lala said:

You didn't finish your post before the NFL tailgate libations kicked in....  Nice! :cheers:

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Good for you.  Know lots of people who love being parents, including very close friends.  It just isn't for me.

I was the same way till I had mine. Now it’s hard to imagine not having any. Two was my max. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

You didn't finish your post before the NFL tailgate libations kicked in....  Nice! :cheers:

I wish.  A lax game and fat fingers.  I fixed it tho. 😀

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

None yet but very real possibility we lose Pappoe to Tennessee basically only because we crapped the game against them. The only other one I see us possibly losing as of now is Jamond Gordon. I think Corch's comment have to do with more how we could have finished the class with uncommitted recruits than who we may lose. However I'm not going to put this on the fans. This is on Gus. He opened the door for the fans to whine & complain for continually being a hard hard head & not adjusting to the reality that his style of 2010 & 2013 is not going to work as well now with the rules changes from then as well as how defensive coaches have adapted & adjusted, something Gus has stubbornly failed to do. Also his idea of a pass game & how the WRs are to be coached is a total joke as it pertains to college football.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

None yet but very real possibility we lose Pappoe to Tennessee basically only because we crapped the game against them. The only other one I see us possibly losing as of now is Jamond Gordon. I think Corch's comment have to do with more how we could have finished the class with uncommitted recruits than who we may lose. However I'm not going to put this on the fans. This is on Gus. He opened the door for the fans to whine & complain for continually being a hard hard head & not adjusting to the reality that his style of 2010 & 2013 is not going to work as well now with the rules changes from then as well as how defensive coaches have adapted & adjusted, something Gus has stubbornly failed to do. Also his idea of a pass game & how the WRs are to be coached is a total joke as it pertains to college football.

Thanks, get ready to catch grief from the Gus Brigade. There's always a fan, coach or player they can blame to defend Gus.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wait!  So fans pointing out Gus' shortcomings isn't dropping us from a Top 5 recruiting class to Top 10?   But, but, but....  We were told fans were ruining the franchise and you'd set us straight.  

Seems you set someone else straight.  Thank you, sir.

Archived