26-14

autigeremt

9 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Wait!  So fans pointing out Gus' shortcomings isn't dropping us from a Top 5 recruiting class to Top 10?   But, but, but....  We were told fans were ruining the franchise and you'd set us straight.  

Seems you set someone else straight.  Thank you, sir.

I mean our griping is another thing the staff has to deal with on the trail but like @GwillMac6 said the other day Gus is basically a lame duck coach anyway whether it be a year or 2 til he is officially gone. At this point us voicing our frustrations will not make a tangible difference for a lame duck coach on the recruiting trail. The only thing that can save Gus at this point is Freeze coming in & turning the O around & the D not regressing a lot from the roster turnover that's going to happen on D.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

I mean our griping is another thing the staff has to deal with on the trail but like @GwillMac6 said the other day Gus is basically a lame duck coach anyway whether it be a year or 2 til he is officially gone. At this point us voicing our frustrations will not make a tangible difference for a lame duck coach on the recruiting trail. The only thing that can save Gus at this point is Freeze coming in & turning the O around & the D not regressing a lot from the roster turnover that's going to happen on D.

What do you think the chances are that Freeze makes it to Auburn for next season?

Just now, AURealist said:

What do you think the chances are that Freeze makes it to Auburn for next season?

I don't know. Just know I've read he wants out of Canada & apparently Gus wants him & he apparently wants AU. I finally learned though that these planned type things don't happen as often as the people involved would like.

As has been pointed out, that win should have put the brakes on a lot of the negative stuff that was hurting us, especially on the recruiting trail. But.... a mind-boggling contract, a flame out in the SECCG, a sleep-walk in the bowl game.... and here we are a year later in worse shape overall than we were. Man, just when it looks like AU is setting up for a long run of success we figure out ways to torpedo ourselves. Oh well, part of the charm of being an AU fan I guess. I told my girls when they were young that’s what made AU fans special: suffering, lol.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

None yet but very real possibility we lose Pappoe to Tennessee basically only because we crapped the game against them. The only other one I see us possibly losing as of now is Jamond Gordon. I think Corch's comment have to do with more how we could have finished the class with uncommitted recruits than who we may lose. However I'm not going to put this on the fans. This is on Gus. He opened the door for the fans to whine & complain for continually being a hard hard head & not adjusting to the reality that his style of 2010 & 2013 is not going to work as well now with the rules changes from then as well as how defensive coaches have adapted & adjusted, something Gus has stubbornly failed to do. Also his idea of a pass game & how the WRs are to be coached is a total joke as it pertains to college football.

Ok gotcha. I better understand now. Preciate it

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

None yet but very real possibility we lose Pappoe to Tennessee basically only because we crapped the game against them. The only other one I see us possibly losing as of now is Jamond Gordon. I think Corch's comment have to do with more how we could have finished the class with uncommitted recruits than who we may lose. However I'm not going to put this on the fans. This is on Gus. He opened the door for the fans to whine & complain for continually being a hard hard head & not adjusting to the reality that his style of 2010 & 2013 is not going to work as well now with the rules changes from then as well as how defensive coaches have adapted & adjusted, something Gus has stubbornly failed to do. Also his idea of a pass game & how the WRs are to be coached is a total joke as it pertains to college football.

We absolutely cannot afford to hold onto him for more than one more year. He's currently tanking our recruiting so badly.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't know. Just know I've read he wants out of Canada & apparently Gus wants him & he apparently wants AU. I finally learned though that these planned type things don't happen as often as the people involved would like.

Maybe I need to use Twitter and follow HF but I could of sworn he was getting ready to coach in Arizona, not Canada?

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

We absolutely cannot afford to hold onto him for more than one more year. He's currently tanking our recruiting so badly.

LOL. The recruiting is nowhere near tanking. Although keeping an essentially lame duck coach will hurt recruiting the longer it goes on.

57 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Maybe I need to use Twitter and follow HF but I could of sworn he was getting ready to coach in Arizona, not Canada?

Thanks for the correction. My point still remains though that new pro league, the AAF, is not where he wants to be. He wants to be coaching college ball. Right now AU OC appears the best shot at that. Canada would have been a step or 2 up from the AAF.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LOL. The recruiting is nowhere near tanking. Although keeping an essentially lame duck coach will hurt recruiting the longer it goes on.

Really? Then why can we not recruit any offensive linemen? I see many parallels between us and FSU right now.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks for the correction. My point still remains though that new pro league, the AAF, is not where he wants to be. He wants to be coaching college ball. Right now AU OC appears the best shot at that. Canada would have been a step or 2 up from the AAF.

For one thing, the new pro league is not gonna be paying SEC type salaries....and neither is Canada. 

Only Gus could turn the ultimate job security of a 7 year $49M extension into a spot firmly on the hot seat.

You know what quiets restless and agitated fanbases? Winning.

Actually you know what? I think we could actually accept a couple Ls here and there if the team didn't look so damn surprised to find out they had a game on Saturday multiple times a year. Lol the bar is really set at "stop looking like a ******* idiot 3-4 times a year" not even "win all the games" and he still somehow is coming up short. It's unreal

On 11/17/2018 at 10:33 PM, corchjay said:

How many more people from the University have to say it... Gus will be back next year.  Regardless of what happens next weekend. He would have to get caught doing something unethical at this point to be removed beyond that he will be back next year.  Regardless of feelings to the coach or the staff we need to get behind them some what to finish out recruiting this season.  The life blood of the program and before all the he-haw about firing the coach we were probably gonna be right at a top 5 class.  Now probably Top 10.   Might not be huge but when you are talking about difference makers and just solid SEC players there is a huge difference.  

While I agree with what you're saying, let me point out that Gus has proven that no matter which offensive recruit they get or how many stars he has, the offensive coaching staff hasn't done a good job in developing their talent. At this point, it doesn't matter if we have a Top 5 or Top 10 class. Gus and the offensive will be producing the same mediocre result, unless he goes and finds a JUCO Nick Marshall/Cam Newton-esque dual threat QB...along with some JUCO o-linemen.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:54 AM, AURealist said:

Blame the fans, then deny blaming the fans when called out on it.  Honestly, you should just resist the urge next time.  

If we're being beaten in recruiting, it's because Gus is not giving young men anything to get excited about while our rivals and other teams are, or maybe Gus' org is just weak on recruiting the right players.  Gus has had 5 or 6 top 10 recruiting classes to work with and we're not in the TOP 25.  There isn't a coach in the league who does less with more than Gus.  Stop making excuses.  If this weren't Gus and your team, you'd be singing a completely different tune.  

i  would love to see you run your mouth  to some of the players and coaches  to their face. you go way beyond criticism and seem to enjoy belittling all things auburn. you even make fun of the fans that choose to pull for their team out of love for the school and try and make it something to be ashamed of. i honestly believe you are a troll and nothing more. and that is not a joke.

51 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i  would love to see you run your mouth  to some of the players and coaches  to their face. you go way beyond criticism and seem to enjoy belittling all things auburn. you even make fun of the fans that choose to pull for their team out of love for the school and try and make it something to be ashamed of. i honestly believe you are a troll and nothing more. and that is not a joke.

Maybe you don't mean as a joke, but it is a joke.

First off, I went to Auburn and I love Auburn, so I'll say whatever I damn well please. 

I'm thinking you are having difficulty grasping the concepts in that particular post, is that right?  Let me help you out:

I am saying absolutely nothing derogatory against our players at all.  

In fact, I think our players are top notch and I'm damned tired of people talking down the offensive line.  I thought what Corch said was ridiculous and I called him out on it.  Namely, fans are not hurting recruiting.  My post was a rebuttal to his post as if his assertions were true.  Basically, the argument I was making is that Gus and his crew don't seem to know how to evaluate, train or use our Top 10 talent to their best potential and if Gus has an offense in mind, he should recruit with those factors in mind and stop trying to turn RBs into QBs, etc...  That includes whatever kind of offensive linemen he thinks he needs to make things work.  

Don't know what you read into it.  You're free to your own opinion, though.  I suggest you sleep it off and read my original post again.  

And if anyone has any legitimate issues with my posts or responses, show some class, PM me, and we'll talk about it.  

On 11/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, ellitor said:

Feels like it happened in the year 1426 at this point.

Honestly it felt like that when spuat won the title but I won’t let history define last years Iron Bowl. 

Archived