Liberty Game Report Card

StatTiger

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic

Thanks for the analysis.   Looks like the score is  misleading as far as the offensive performance was concerned. Considering the opponent, there were too many non-productive plays and O had to work pretty hard to move the ball much of the game...but nice game for Kam.

Anybody know why Gus chose to ride with Kam? Gus said beforehand that Boobie was the healthiest that he had been in weeks. Maybe he figured the extra speed at RB would break Liberty down quicker.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

What is the definition of a big play and an impact play?

I think 30 yards or more, and 15 yards or more if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Anybody know why Gus chose to ride with Kam? Gus said beforehand that Boobie was the healthiest that he had been in weeks. Maybe he figured the extra speed at RB would break Liberty down quicker.

Haven't seen but seemed like a good time to rest Boobee ..even if he was healthy ...and Kam always does well against teams like Liberty...glad to see him get some time on the field.

I see that Asa had 10 rushing attempts...more than I recalled but longest was only 8 yards....and generally no real break away runs at all......so despite the score, I did not think the offense was very impressive....mostly grind it out against a much inferior team.   .    I keep hearing about Asa's potential and would have liked to see more of it on display. 

Not that it means anything in the grand scheme of things but the 2nd teamers on O came in before the end of the 3rd qtr so that had to affect the offensive stats.

I know it was Liberty, but I thought the Tigers played a really good game. However, how can a power 5 team like go 1-11 on 3rd downs against a team like Liberty? Hopefully the feeling of winning will stay with them cause next week is going to be a long day. 

Edited by auburn4ever

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

Haven't seen but seemed like a good time to rest Boobee ..even if he was healthy ...and Kam always does well against teams like Liberty...glad to see him get some time on the field.

I see that Asa had 10 rushing attempts...more than I recalled but longest was only 8 yards....and generally no real break away runs at all......so despite the score, I did not think the offense was very impressive....mostly grind it out against a much inferior team.   .    I keep hearing about Asa's potential and would have liked to see more of it on display. 

Second string OL/receivers?

56 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Second string OL/receivers?

Could be.....lots of mixing and matching of who was on the field after the first half so hard for me to tell what was going on or who was doing a good job,...but Liberty's defense has been pretty porous ….so no matter which OL was on the field, I expected some better bursts from the RBs...JMO   As I noted earlier...thought the score was misleading and despite the rushing total.....AU did not seem to dominate them as much as might have been expected. :dunno:

It seemed to me that we kept Stidham in way too long.  We have very little experience going into next year.  Looks like we are being set up for another "we are very young" excuse, when we should be developing talent at every opportunity. 

• Thanks 1

Career/Season stats charts updates:

* Stidham tied Cam Newton for 8th all-time in TD passes.  He remained 6th in attempts, total offense and passing yardage, 5th in completions.  He entered the top 10 at # 9 most attempts in a season, passing Brandon Cox (04-05) and Dameyune Craig (95-96.)  He jumped all the way up to 5th most completions in a season, from outside the top 10.  Stidham (last year) currently holds the school record for completions in a season. 

* Ryan Davis passed 1,500 career receiving yards.  He remains # 1 in receptions and # 13 in receiving yardage all-time.  he also moved up to 2nd all time (to himself, last year) in receptions in a season, tying Darvin Adams (08-09)

* Darius Slayton remains 15th all-time in receiving yardage

LOOKING AHEAD:

* Stidham projects to finish the season 4th in passing yardage, 2nd in attempts and completions and 8th in total offense for a season.  He projects to move up to 7th in TD passes and 4th in completions all-time.

* Davis projects to move up to 11th all-time in receiving yardage, and Slayton to 14th.

* Deshaun Davis needs 2 tackles to reach 100 for the season and 250 for his career.  Javarius Davis needs 2 to become the 9th active Tiger to reach 100 career.

* Anders Carlson needs 1 FG to enter the top 10 for a season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AUMicBK said:

Career/Season stats charts updates:

* Stidham tied Cam Newton for 8th all-time in TD passes.

Single season or career?

Deshaun should easily break 100 this weekend and I'm sure Anders will kick at least one more FG this year. JD will also likely get 2 more tackles.