Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

No problem ....it was a question, because as far as I know this has been the only season where the offensive line (under Gus) has shown the issues we see on Saturdays.  I think Grimes was here when the line led the league in rushing and even last season Auburn could run the ball pretty good under Hand. And unless I’m mistaken I don’t think there have been too many 5 star linemen come aboard (prior to Ashley) but I could be wrong. So is it talent or coaching or a combo of both. Because I have never seen a Gus led offensive line look like this....just wanna see how some feel about it... 

It's a combination of both + the strength (physical) isn't up to SEC level + the shear will to dominate the man in front of you is sub-par (mental.)  

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Tua, and I think he's easily the best player in the country. I am afraid, however, that in the same way that Bama cost us last year by injuring KJ (not intentionally), we may put Tua out (unintentionally). 

With that being said, I believe Bama will be very vanilla and just line up and beat us. Not a risky approach for them. If they lose Tua, they lose it all. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

I've watched all season and I haven't seen AU with the horses on offense to get in a shootout the likes of '14 when we had Nick Marshall behind the wheel.  

Have we got guys on the line that will all of a sudden choose to man up to future NFL caliber players like Q.Williams/I.Buggs/R.Davis?  

Buggs is a space eater - Williams is the guy to worry about - and I dont know much about Davis. I doubt it, but I will hope.

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Glass half-empty board-folk turn away.

Okay? Ya'll turned?

Saban has lost 7 games over the last 5 seasons and 2 of them were to Malzahn, including of course the most recent IB.

It's Iron Bowl week, we can do no wrong! :largeAU: :wedance:

giphy (1).gif

9 hours ago, Notjeffco said:

Bamas defense was the walking wounded on defense last year, and a one dimensional offense with Jalen. This is a different team.

Newbie. Enjoy the first like. Had to give it regardless. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, keesler said:

It's a combination of both + the strength (physical) isn't up to SEC level + the shear will to dominate the man in front of you is sub-par (mental.)  

I think oline recruiting has been sub par. Get's you beat in the SEC. You have simply got to whip the guy in front of you. 

On 11/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Glass half-empty board-folk turn away.

Okay? Ya'll turned?

Saban has lost 7 games over the last 5 seasons and 2 of them were to Malzahn, including of course the most recent IB.

It's Iron Bowl week, we can do no wrong! :largeAU: :wedance:

Yes and we r 4 to 3 in JHS west. Like I said early on before trolls got started bad mouthing AU players. We have “enough” talent to win this game “if” it’s coached right . First make sure the players understand like DD said the other day “ they are playing to win not just to look good”. Coaches need to coach to win not just coach not to look bad. On offense go deep often and counter on the ground with motion sweeps alternating between Worm and Boobie right up the gut and giving the sweep to flash. Make them have to cover the whole field. On defense don’t give Tua and his recievers time . Blitz two or more guys frequently and at least one every play. Swap the angle of attack with DD up the middle and Peters and smoke from outside. Go for block punts and FGs . Go for 4 th down anywhere on their side of the field. Doesn’t mater the score never slow down. Play it like it’s your championship game and coming in second doesn’t mater. Beat them turds.

Will hang in there for a half I think, Or atleast until our offense staff has to go away from script after first 3 drives. Hoping for a win but the realist in me says just like UGA game expect 2 half will be a little worse . 

Sunshine pumped : Bama plays bad, we force some turnovers and win it with last second field goal giving Carlson his confidence back from missing some long ones this season. (Not his fault, GUS put to much on him as freshman kicker)

hahaha I tried telling myself I wasn’t going to care about UGA game but as always ended up cussing the TV and feeling like expecting to win . 

download (1).jpeg

That is all.

Archived