Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Expect 19 PI calls on us on deep throws by the flying Hawaiian.......... You and me both know it is coming.

Plus at least a targeting or two

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Plus at least a targeting or two

yuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp. SMH.

Refs have likely been given instructions to let bama get off to a quick start and then ease up so it looks like an honest game...

Just now, AU64 said:

Refs have likely been given instructions to let bama get off to a quick start and then ease up so it looks like an honest game...

One of my dads fraternity brothers, is good friends with 2 SEC officials. He calls more often than any other coach in the league

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Get past X and we get a chance @ Duke...that should be interesting 

Bama already told duke to “watch out” that’s laughable lol

Gus is going to give this pep talk

"We're going inside of ‘em, we're going outside of ‘em -- inside of ‘em! outside of ‘em! -- and when we get them on the run once, we're going to keep ‘em on the run. And we're not going to pass unless their secondary comes up too close. But don't forget, men -- we're gonna get ‘em on the run, we're gonna go, go, go, go!

Heck I got no doubt we have the talent to beat them. The only question is willwe use it. My true guess is Gus won’t play to win but will play to keep the beating at a minimum. If he does and we play scared we will get humiliated. If the want to win here would be my recipe. Defense blitz heavy Tua is not as accurate on the run. Uat doesn’t do a lot of perimeter running this year but we got to contain Tua. DD has to stay st home a lot of runs will come up the gut. On offense don’t try to establish the run. Pass heavy, if uat has a weakness it’s in its DBs. Flash, Seth and Ryan could have a big day , but they have to be fast release passes and JS has to be willing to take a hit if needed. Go to max protection and send your two best recievers. Use a TE for blocking and slip him up the middle a time or two. Use our punter as a weapon. Pin them deep and help our D. Special teams needs to help. Need punt returns. Get the momentum early. If we win the toss go on offense first. Try and take the crowd out and make them play behind the eight ball. They aren’t use to that. They usually punch first and the other team rolls over. We need to maintain our senses and not allow uat to get us in shoving match and let us loose our concentration. We can win this game but the odds, refs and the SEC will all be against us. That said beat them turds!!!

I have no doubt the players will play hard,  no doubt the coach will be proud of the player's fight,  no doubt this will be a learning experience and no doubt Auburn will improve as a team after this loss.  I promise you that.

14 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Heck I got no doubt we have the talent to beat them. 

I keep hearing this from the AU side have to wonder how anyone arrives at that view.   We (and everyone else) have been consistently out-recruited in about every position by bama for the decade at least.  JMO but out of our 22 starters we probably don't have more than 4 or 5 who could start for bama…

Otherwise, your plan is about the way it would need to play out.  The D pretty much has the ability to keep us in the game though we've been totally susceptible to passes over the middle and Tua is probably the best QB we will see this year.  JS and most of the rest of the team will have to play the game of their lives......but it can happen. 

AU beat a more talented bama team last year and it could happen again. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I keep hearing this from the AU side have to wonder how anyone arrives at that view.   We (and everyone else) have been consistently out-recruited in about every position by bama for the decade at least.  JMO but out of our 22 starters we probably don't have more than 4 or 5 who could start for bama…

Otherwise, your plan is about the way it would need to play out.  The D pretty much has the ability to keep us in the game though we've been totally susceptible to passes over the middle and Tua is probably the best QB we will see this year.  JS and most of the rest of the team will have to play the game of their lives......but it can happen. 

AU beat a more talented bama team last year and it could happen again. 

The thing is, you have recruited well enough to compete, and we should. That’s why so many are frustrated. If you’re consistently recruiting top 10, you should be able to compete 

8 minutes ago, selias said:

0-8 in Baton Rouge, Athens and Tuscaloosa

1-8 come Saturday evening! Believe it!

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The thing is, you have recruited well enough to compete, and we should. That’s why so many are frustrated. If you’re consistently recruiting top 10, you should be able to compete 

That's just not true....we are usually #4 or 5 in the SEC...…go back and look at the past ten years..   Now you can say we should be able to recruit better though I'm not sure what the basis for that is either since AU has no natural advantage in our recruiting region.

And maybe being in the top 5 of SEC is enough to compete but not sure.  ...probably not,  since other SEC teams that have regularly recruited  better than AU have not been able to beat bama either....except on a fluke or like AU did last year.   

Me....I'm just hoping that AU plays its best and that the refs don't screw us out of the game with phantom PI calls.. 

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

1-8 come Saturday evening! Believe it!

I have no faith in Gus. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I will do what I've done since LSU game this year, find something else to do. Until Gussy is gone, I am done watching crapshow on wheels. If we beat Bama, yippie we wasted a year. If we get destroyed (as I expect), I will not have wasted 3 hours of my life watching a con man waste the talent and effort of our players.

Just now, selias said:

I have no faith in Gus. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I will do what I've done since LSU game this year, find something else to do. Until Gussy is gone, I am done watching crapshow on wheels. If we beat Bama, yippie we wasted a year. If we get destroyed (as I expect), I will not have wasted 3 hours of my life watching a con man waste the talent and effort of our players.

Trust that means we will not be getting your input on the forum either....so.......enjoy your day and get a jump on your Christmas shopping while the Black Friday sales are still in effect...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Trust that means we will not be getting your input on the forum either....so.......enjoy your day and get a jump on your Christmas shopping while the Black Friday sales are still in effect...

That's what I means.If you're as observant as you think you are, you'll have noticed I've not been around on game days.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's just not true....we are usually #4 or 5 in the SEC...…go back and look at the past ten years..   Now you can say we should be able to recruit better though I'm not sure what the basis for that is either since AU has no natural advantage in our recruiting region.

And maybe being in the top 5 of SEC is enough to compete but not sure.  ...probably not,  since other SEC teams that have regularly recruited  better than AU have not been able to beat bama either....except on a fluke or like AU did last year.   

Me....I'm just hoping that AU plays its best and that the refs don't screw us out of the game with phantom PI calls.. 

I’m sorry 64, but top 10 nationally deserves competing. I could care less what the conference rank is. 8, 9, 9, and 12, should be competing like it. Not getting embarrassed every time we play a what’s considered a good team. Recruiting like that should not be “hope we don’t get beat 50-0”

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I’m sorry 64, but top 10 nationally deserves competing. I could care less what the conference rank is. 8, 9, 9, and 12, should be competing like it. Not getting embarrassed every time we play a what’s considered a good team. Recruiting like that should be “hope we don’t get beat 50-0”

Competing?   sure and we are competitive.....and better.....embarrassed? ;  when?  now if they score 50, I would find that embarrassing but I recall 26-14 which was not that long ago.   Why focus on just the negative?  That's not a productive way to live your life...JMO

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Recruiting like that should not be “hope we don’t get beat 50-0”

I’m not hoping we don’t get beat 50-0...  I’m hoping we win.  

Saw a stat recently that blew my mind. Turds are 92-8 in their last 100 games. We’ve lost 8 to date the past two seasons. Of note, 3/8 the turds lost are to us, so that’s a plus. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Competing?   sure and we are competitive.....and better.....embarrassed? ;  when?  now if they score 50, I would find that embarrassing but I recall 26-14 which was not that long ago.   Why focus on just the negative?  That's not a productive way to live your life...JMO

How many blown leads does Gus have against LSU? How many double digit losses does Gus have against UGA and bama? Gus has lost to UGA by 17 or more 3 of the years he’s been here. He’s lost to Bama twice by 16 or more in 5 meetings

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m not hoping we don’t get beat 50-0...  I’m hoping we win.  

I am too, I’m saying with the way recruit, we should expect to compete

Archived