Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

7 minutes ago, selias said:

That's what I means.If you're as observant as you think you are, you'll have noticed I've not been around on game days.

I've not thought about it one way or the others.....some folks come and go and I don't keep up....especially those who mostly complain about coaching or whatever.  I enjoy just chat over progress of the ballgame, good plays or bad ones.....but not the tirades.   So....obviously that's your call and you should spend your time in a way you enjoy.   Hoping things improve soon so you are ready to come back.....you miss some pretty good stuff along with the frustrating. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Competing?   sure and we are competitive.....and better.....embarrassed? ;  when?  now if they score 50, I would find that embarrassing but I recall 26-14 which was not that long ago.   Why focus on just the negative?  That's not a productive way to live your life...JMO

That’s an absolutely ridiculous statement, if you can’t call things like you see them then I’m sorry, I don’t live my life the way you want me to

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I am too, I’m saying with the way recruit, we should expect to compete

We will.  We have in every game.  The only game that got away from us was UGA and that was 27-10 hardly an “embarrassment”

Just now, corchjay said:

We will.  We have in every game.  The only game that got away from us was UGA and that was 27-10 hardly an “embarrassment”

Well we view it different but against our two main rivals, with the way we recruit, we shouldn’t be losing by 17+ 50% of the time. That’s my opinion

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

That’s an absolutely ridiculous statement, if you can’t call things like you see them then I’m sorry, I don’t live my life the way you want me to

True…...I just wonder about people who get so amped up and angry over football games and coaches  :dunno:......but not my business as you note.... but in the spirit of "calling them like I see them"     I think it is a shame...JMO     Hope the game Saturday is one you can enjoy...

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Especially how that occurred......a winnable game ...and then some really bad plays....and it was gone. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's just not true....we are usually #4 or 5 in the SEC...…go back and look at the past ten years..   Now you can say we should be able to recruit better though I'm not sure what the basis for that is either since AU has no natural advantage in our recruiting region.

And maybe being in the top 5 of SEC is enough to compete but not sure.  ...probably not,  since other SEC teams that have regularly recruited  better than AU have not been able to beat bama either....except on a fluke or like AU did last year.   

Me....I'm just hoping that AU plays its best and that the refs don't screw us out of the game with phantom PI calls.. 

We're recruiting just fine. The problem is player development. Other teams and I won't mention names because people get bent out of shape when I make comparisons but,  they (other teams) tend to get more out of their top talent/recruits than Auburn seems to get out of theirs. This has been going on for quite some time. You can be the top team in the country in recruiting but those players still have to be developed and put in a position where they can succeed. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

True…...I just wonder about people who get so amped up and angry over football games and coaches  :dunno:......but not my business as you note.... but in the spirit of "calling them like I see them"     I think it is a shame...JMO     Hope the game Saturday is one you can enjoy...

My comment was against yours that “we can’t compete against Bama” you evidently don’t think so, I said with the way we recruit, we should be able to. That was my point, with the caliber of players, we bring in, we should be competing for the sec title year in and year out.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Heck I got no doubt we have the talent to beat them. The only question is willwe use it. My true guess is Gus won’t play to win but will play to keep the beating at a minimum. If he does and we play scared we will get humiliated. If the want to win here would be my recipe. Defense blitz heavy Tua is not as accurate on the run. Uat doesn’t do a lot of perimeter running this year but we got to contain Tua. DD has to stay st home a lot of runs will come up the gut. On offense don’t try to establish the run. Pass heavy, if uat has a weakness it’s in its DBs. Flash, Seth and Ryan could have a big day , but they have to be fast release passes and JS has to be willing to take a hit if needed. Go to max protection and send your two best recievers. Use a TE for blocking and slip him up the middle a time or two. Use our punter as a weapon. Pin them deep and help our D. Special teams needs to help. Need punt returns. Get the momentum early. If we win the toss go on offense first. Try and take the crowd out and make them play behind the eight ball. They aren’t use to that. They usually punch first and the other team rolls over. We need to maintain our senses and not allow uat to get us in shoving match and let us loose our concentration. We can win this game but the odds, refs and the SEC will all be against us. That said beat them turds!!!

Not downing what you said or how you think a win is possible but the recipe you described sounds exactly like the UGA game plan.  I’d much rather go down punching them in the mouth then trying to dink and dunk down the field.  We just aren’t a pass first team.  

I would think more along the lines of overall game plan.  Aggressive or not.  You can’t be both can’t open everything up then try the punt them deep and play defense.  

So really the options are try to keep it close not make mistakes and see if you can make a play at the end.  Or go all out go for it on 4th downs, try to jump routes on defense, run blitzing, fake punts, fake field goals etc... all goes wrong you might get blown out

I would chose the trying to play it close.  I think Gus and Steele will do the same. But we will see

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Gus is going to give this pep talk

"We're going inside of ‘em, we're going outside of ‘em -- inside of ‘em! outside of ‘em! -- and when we get them on the run once, we're going to keep ‘em on the run. And we're not going to pass unless their secondary comes up too close. But don't forget, men -- we're gonna get ‘em on the run, we're gonna go, go, go, go!

I thought you were going to go for the slightly less well known “you quit cable” speech!

59 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I keep hearing this from the AU side have to wonder how anyone arrives at that view.   We (and everyone else) have been consistently out-recruited in about every position by bama for the decade at least.  JMO but out of our 22 starters we probably don't have more than 4 or 5 who could start for bama…

Otherwise, your plan is about the way it would need to play out.  The D pretty much has the ability to keep us in the game though we've been totally susceptible to passes over the middle and Tua is probably the best QB we will see this year.  JS and most of the rest of the team will have to play the game of their lives......but it can happen. 

AU beat a more talented bama team last year and it could happen again. 

You are being generous.  Let's be honest.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I keep hearing this from the AU side have to wonder how anyone arrives at that view.   We (and everyone else) have been consistently out-recruited in about every position by bama for the decade at least.  JMO but out of our 22 starters we probably don't have more than 4 or 5 who could start for bama…

Otherwise, your plan is about the way it would need to play out.  The D pretty much has the ability to keep us in the game though we've been totally susceptible to passes over the middle and Tua is probably the best QB we will see this year.  JS and most of the rest of the team will have to play the game of their lives......but it can happen. 

AU beat a more talented bama team last year and it could happen again. 

Our D is as talented as in the country. On offense our WRs are probably on ofthe top five talented WR groups in the country. And Flash is undoubtedly the fastest in the country. Major problem we have right now on offense is not able to convert on third down ( as well as we did last week we were still 2 for 12 on third down) . We have to try and stay out of third downs. We need to go for big plays on first and second down. Where Gus goes wrong is the 3 yards and a cloud of dust Times 3 downs and we are punting on 4th. Maybe he didn’t major in math 😁. The other place we fail is inside the twenty. He has to stop slowing down the offense inside the twenty . Keep doing what got you there.  Go fast. You are right this uat is not as good as last year. The 10-10 halftime against a Div II two shows you so. Also our ST is much better. Punting is better. Peters has 3 blocked punts and DL has 3 blocked FGs. We can do this if Gus stays out of the way.

2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'm speaking as a fan, but I think we could pull it out with some good play on our part, a little off play on their part, and some fortunate breaks like big plays on special teams.

The SEC Officiating Office will never let that happen.

Funny how “some” of the sunshine people are selling the team short going into IB week, about how the players aren’t good enough. I’m never ceased to be amazed. I for one am like many,  have sold the staff short, but never a good chunk of the players. Seem like some would rather throw the players under the bus and that we are “not as talented” instead of putting the highly paid coaches in the spotlight.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Our D is as talented as in the country. On offense our WRs are probably on ofthe top five talented WR groups in the country. And Flash is undoubtedly the fastest in the country. Major problem we have right now on offense is not able to convert on third down ( as well as we did last week we were still 2 for 12 on third down) . We have to try and stay out of third downs. We need to go for big plays on first and second down. Where Gus goes wrong is the 3 yards and a cloud of dust Times 3 downs and we are punting on 4th. Maybe he didn’t major in math 😁. The other lace we fail is inside the twenty. He has to stop slowing down the offense inside the twenty . Keep doing what got you there.  Go fast. You are right this uat is not as good as last year. The 10-10 halftime against a Div II two shows you so. Also our ST is much better. Punting is better. Peters has 3 blocked punts and DL has 3 blocked FGs. We can do this if Gus stays out of the way.

3rd down is the money down and we have definitely struggled.  Weird you say Bama isn’t as good when everyone everywhere is basically saying they might be the best team ever in college football history.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Derrick Brown, Carlson, Dean.  That’s about it.  

Davidson and coe would play a good bit for bama, DD would be in the rotation. 

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The SEC Officiating Office will never let that happen.

Amen.  It’s not the flags or even the yardage of the flags.  It’s the timing of the flags that makes the greatest impact.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Derrick Brown, Carlson, Dean.  That’s about it.  

So you don’t think Seth, RD, Davidson, Flash oils not be wanted by uat or uga?i think they would. I also think quite a few others would probably be starters for others beside uat and uga. Let’s at lest keep it honest.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Davidson and coe would play a good bit for bama, DD would be in the rotation. 

Agree on Davidson and Coe being solid contributors but Deshaun wouldn’t see the field.  I love him and he’s a great Auburn man and leader but not so talented.  

38 minutes ago, selias said:

That's what I means

Ugh okay.

Just now, corchjay said:

Agree on Davidson and Coe being solid contributors but Deshaun wouldn’t see the field.  I love him and he’s a great Auburn man and leader but not so talented.  

I think he would, but that’s my opinion, that’s why I said “rotation”

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Funny how “some” of the sunshine people are selling the team short going into IB week, about how the players aren’t good enough. I’m never ceased to be amazed. I for one am like many,  have sold the staff short, but never a good chunk of the players. Seem like some would rather throw the players under the bus and that we are “not as talented” instead of putting the highly paid coaches in the spotlight.

That's a point of view....but the players are the guys on the field who have to do the job and JMO no point in kidding ourselves about the talent issues...it is what it is....and that's not throwing anyone under the bus.   

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So you don’t think Seth, RD, Davidson, Flash oils not be wanted by uat or uga?i think they would. I also think quite a few others would probably be starters for others beside uat and uga. Let’s at lest keep it honest.

Didn’t say that.  The reference was starter.  Bama didn’t really even offer Seth or Schwartz that I’m aware of.  Davidson would be a solid contributor but not sure he would start.  I’m not sowing our players at all.  Just being honest

Archived