Bama Week! Beat Bama!!

corchjay

Just now, AU64 said:

That's a point of view....but the players are the guys on the field who have to do the job and JMO no point in kidding ourselves about the talent issues...it is what it is....and that's not throwing anyone under the bus.   

Let’s defend the coaches about “talent issues” but let’s say the players aren’t good enough to beat or start for certain teams and that it’s all on them, got it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Funny how “some” of the sunshine people are selling the team short going into IB week, about how the players aren’t good enough. I’m never ceased to be amazed. I for one am like many,  have sold the staff short, but never a good chunk of the players. Seem like some would rather throw the players under the bus and that we are “not as talented” instead of putting the highly paid coaches in the spotlight.

Truer words have not been spoken. A lot of folks on here for some reason want to throw the kids under the bus to save the coaches. They fail to remember the last 6 recruiting classes were 5 top ten and on at 12 th. There were a lot of coaches trying to get most of these players. You really think that all those coaches like Saben and Kirby don’t know talent? My guess is it’s a lot more likely our coaches are not developing players, but I guess that would put “coaches “ ina bad light and we wouldn’t ant that.

36 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Why focus on just the negative?  That's not a productive way to live your life

True, but Pop Warner rules!!!

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Truer words have not been spoken. A lot of folks on here for some reason want to throw the kids under the bus to save the coaches. They fail to remember the last 6 recruiting classes were 5 top ten and on at 12 th. There were a lot of coaches trying to get most of these players. You really think that all those coaches like Saben and Kirby don’t know talent? My guess is it’s a lot more likely our coaches are not developing coaches, but I guess that would put “coaches “ ina bad light and we wouldn’t ant that.

We have the the talent, had they gone to other schools they probably would’ve been 1st team all conference. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

True, but Pop Warner rules!!!

Yea I forgot one is not supposed to analyze and call things like they see them, or experience real human emotion 

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Funny how “some” of the sunshine people are selling the team short going into IB week, about how the players aren’t good enough. I’m never ceased to be amazed. I for one am like many,  have sold the staff short, but never a good chunk of the players. Seem like some would rather throw the players under the bus and that we are “not as talented” instead of putting the highly paid coaches in the spotlight.

I’m not selling the team short at all but if you think we are even remotely close to Alabama in terms of overall talent then not sure how to talk football with you.  Gus gets plenty of blame and rightly so but the Gus hate I don’t and never will understand.  

I will always think we have a chance even if we played the Patriots

Just now, corchjay said:

I’m not selling the team short at all but if you think we are even remotely close to Alabama in terms of overall talent then not sure how to talk football with you.  Gus gets plenty of blame and rightly so but the Gus hate I don’t and never will understand.  

Oh I know u weren’t corch, I almost tagged you as except corch. I know you’re not selling the team short. It was directed at others

19 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Not downing what you said or how you think a win is possible but the recipe you described sounds exactly like the UGA game plan.  I’d much rather go down punching them in the mouth then trying to dink and dunk down the field.  We just aren’t a pass first team.  

I would think more along the lines of overall game plan.  Aggressive or not.  You can’t be both can’t open everything up then try the punt them deep and play defense.  

So really the options are try to keep it close not make mistakes and see if you can make a play at the end.  Or go all out go for it on 4th downs, try to jump routes on defense, run blitzing, fake punts, fake field goals etc... all goes wrong you might get blown out

I would chose the trying to play it close.  I think Gus and Steele will do the same. But we will see

Unlike last year, I don't see this team having the players to punch them in the mouth. And while one can hope, not likely.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So you think our talent level went down. I’m pretty sure most of these guys were on a team that beat uat and uga last year. I understand your a coach and want to protect your profession but it’s pretty silly to keep selling these kids short.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Let’s defend the coaches about “talent issues” but let’s say the players aren’t good enough to beat or start for certain teams and that it’s all on them, got it.

I don’t think anyone is saying that but to say there isn’t a talent gap just isn’t being honest about the situation.

Unlike last year, I don't see this team having the players to punch them in the mouth. And while one can hope, not likely.

Which ones that you saw last year that’s not here this year. KJ is about all.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I don’t think anyone is saying that but to say there isn’t a talent gap just isn’t being honest about the situation.

Pretty much sounds like what your saying.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Not defending anyone.....but if you were talking about two teams that you did not have a personal interest in...you would probably be willing to say make some talent comparisons between bama and LSU, or Florida or Ole Miss....based on talent and not coaching skills.

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Truer words have not been spoken. A lot of folks on here for some reason want to throw the kids under the bus to save the coaches. They fail to remember the last 6 recruiting classes were 5 top ten and on at 12 th. There were a lot of coaches trying to get most of these players. You really think that all those coaches like Saben and Kirby don’t know talent? My guess is it’s a lot more likely our coaches are not developing players, but I guess that would put “coaches “ ina bad light and we wouldn’t ant that.

Just curious how many players we signed that UGa or bama or even Florida really wanted?    I appreciate the guys who put on the AU uniform but I'm not blind to how their talent level and how they play on occasion. ....and good that the players will accept responsibility for the level of play....and far as I know, nobody here ( including me) was bragging how great our coaches were when we beat bama and Uga last year......beat two more talented teams and two top coaches......wonder how that happened?    The guys on the field lined up and beat the guys across from them....that's how....and that's what the game is about. JMO

Just now, corchjay said:

Top tier talent is top tier talent, and they should be competing like it, hasn’t it been said, even with one of the worst OL’s in recent memory we probably should been 8-1 going into uga?

I don’t disagree with you at all just think we get so out of sync trying that dink and dunk stuff I’d rather at least be physical if they shut us down and jump on us then try to swap it up if possible.  Either way we can’t givr up 40 to them.  This will be the first game this season where I’ll lay the down expectations on the defense to hold us close.  Keep them under 30 and see if the O can get their act together and put up a fight

20 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The SEC Officiating Office will never let that happen.

That touchdown they took away from Ole Miss yesterday was ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Not defending anyone.....but if you were talking about two teams that you did not have a personal interest in...you would probably be willing to say make some talent comparisons between bama and LSU, or Florida or Ole Miss....based on talent and not coaching skills.

Just curious how many players we signed that UGa or bama or even Florida really wanted?    I appreciate the guys who put on the AU uniform but I'm not blind to how their talent level and how they play on occasion. ....and good that the players will accept responsibility for the level of play....and far as I know, nobody here ( including me) was bragging how great our coaches were when we beat bama and Uga last year......beat two more talented teams and two top coaches......wonder how that happened?    The guys on the field lined up and beat the guys across from them....that's how....and that's what the game is about. JMO

I hope your not a uat fan cause you sound like them, ifvwe both offer but they go to us instead of uat or uga then that means uga and uat really didn’t want them ? Ok I got you . Personally I think your thought process is pretty crappy. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So you think our talent level went down. I’m pretty sure most of these guys were on a team that beat uat and uga last year. I understand your a coach and want to protect your profession but it’s pretty silly to keep selling these kids short.

Defensive talent is higher offensive talent I think lower then last year.  Inexperience on offense is the greatest factor but as I’ve said the past 3 weeks it’s time to grow up especially the OL and they have played better just not good yet.  

46 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So you think our talent level went down. I’m pretty sure most of these guys were on a team that beat uat and uga last year.

Yes I do. Did most of our O line and starting RBs play last year? Did Tua play? Didn’t Bama have multiple linebackers out? There is a huge gap between us and Bama.

36 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

My comment was against yours that “we can’t compete against Bama” you evidently don’t think so, I said with the way we recruit, we should be able to. That was my point, with the caliber of players, we bring in, we should be competing for the sec title year in and year out.

Well other than history, I guess you have a point?

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Which ones that you saw last year that’s not here this year. KJ is about all.

Quite a few......and Golson, Smith , Holland, Lawson, Tray....to mention a few...

Well other than history, I guess you have a point?

Considering  last year and 2013, even as ranked teams, we were supposed to get spanked by bama? That history?

Most of these guys have been here multiple years. I agree with OL it’s hard to be used as freshman because you need added weight, strength and technique. But by sophomore year you should be better. We have some juniors on that line.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes I do. Did most of our O line and starting QBs play last year? Did Tua play? Didn’t Bama have multiple linebackers out? There is a huge gap between us and Bama.

No one can doubt the talent that have, but competing is a different story, with the talent AU recruits fans shouldn’t be saying “I’m not even going to watch the game”

Archived